ladystorm

Reaper Bones 4: Enthusiasm and Commentary Thread

Looking at facebook and KS comments, as well as those here, Reaper really needs a designated PR person to work on damage control and communication. Canada being delivered faster than usual is leading to some bad comments. 

• Like 9

6 minutes ago, Paradoxical Mouse said:

Eh. The injection mark on the carp looks to be in an already pretty smooth area, so it's probably easy to sand or slice right off.

Yeah, it should be manageable if you want a sleek fish. Or... 

5 minutes ago, Smokestack said:

Get a couple and they could be branded cattle carp...

Farmed carp. I like it. 

• Like 8

35 minutes ago, Paradoxical Mouse said:

Looking at facebook and KS comments, as well as those here, Reaper really needs a designated PR person to work on damage control and communication. Canada being delivered faster than usual is leading to some bad comments. 

Internet comments are usually never happy.

With Bones 3, it took forever for Canada to receive anything. And did we complain? :grr:

Yes. Yes, we did. :devil: But in the end, everyone is happy once they receive their stuff. :bday: And I've yet to meet someone who had their life ruined because Bones shipped late.

44 minutes ago, Cyradis said:

The injection mark on the carp could become a magic rune. BOOM. Magic carp. Hah! 

Magikarp?

250px-129Magikarp.png

Instant paint scheme!

Edited by Cranky Dog
  • Like 13
  • Haha 3

2 hours ago, Rahz said:

Look what I found in my Reaper box!!

image.thumb.jpg.7fd6cbd779f1b83df1737499ce492f24.jpg

And the divvying up process has begun...  

Who gets that one?   I am pretty sure we did not order that model. :) 

• Like 1
  • Haha 14

47 minutes ago, Cyradis said:

The injection mark on the carp could become a magic rune. BOOM. Magic carp. Hah! 

If its a female then it's a Magic Carp-ette.

GEM

2 hours ago, Rahz said:

Look what I found in my Reaper box!!

1C109EE8-B79A-4D31-B54F-93D05D903730.thumb.jpeg.518765061bff0680e176f2b48dd82db8.jpegimage.thumb.jpg.7fd6cbd779f1b83df1737499ce492f24.jpg

And the divvying up process has begun...  

What an incredible paint job on Miss Forscale!

Those Eyes!  They're Perfect!

GEM

• Like 5
  • Haha 6

13 minutes ago, Dan Goodchild said:

Watching Critical Role on my new TV and opening Bones 4.

It's a good night. ::D:

Hmm… my paint set B is only half-right; I got one box of the kickstarter colours and one box of pathfinder colours. Check your boxes!

Here's a great example of Bones Black really shining; look at how straight these swords are, right out of the box:

15542576066298804168052934712516.jpg

Nice... 

• Like 12

2 minutes ago, Shadowphaze said:

Teasing isn't nice.  LOL

Not teasing, just a teaser. Until I got it out and ready for a pic.

• Like 9
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, Sirithiliel said:

i disagree. 

For example, i'm wave 1, locked in as early as i could. But someone in canada who pledged late months after the kickstarter was over still gets their package before i do

if there weren't waves, and it was just done by region, then it doesn't matter. 

But right now it definitely doesn't not feel fair. I don't fault reaper for doing what they did, but it still doesn't make it feel fair when early bird pledge is behind several hundred other pledges, some of which came after the KS ended entirely ::P: if they actually did ship everything by wave, then i'd agree with you.

But it WAS done by region. UK/AU/Canada/US. Domestic takes only a few days (Unless something gets lost and sent to the other side of the country:angry:), so waves still would have not mattered in this case. UK is on the verge of some craziness and hell brexiting loose, so I believe Reaper was trying to get that stuff out before that happened (unfortunately it's still going to be a debacle with the date being April 12 now instead of mid-may). I believe Canada was done this way to a lesser extent because of similar issues (Tax, levies,etc.). Normally, stuff getting to either of these regions take 2-3 weeks minimum because of customs and the like (the same way we feel it when we get stuff from say midlam or the like), so to get upset at Reaper because somehow Canada got the stuff out early, is really not under their control.  Waves do matter in the U.S., but region wise we'd still have gotten our stuff about the same time, UPS somehow just did something super right for a change (yah im shocked too).

2 hours ago, Cyradis said:

I was Wave 1, and somehow might end up with stuff earlier due to moving (yet to be seen if western Canada gets the same timing as eastern). Based on what all of us in Canada were expecting, and perhaps Reaper too, we thought we'd be getting our stuff about the same time as middle-of-the-batch waves, even if we pledged early. It typically takes a while to cross the border, and then the postage system can be a major hassle. It takes almost three weeks for normal packages from Reaper to arrive here, give or take a few days.

Friday out, Tuesday delivery is absurdly fast. It is a 22hr drive Denton to Toronto, and almost 30hrs Denton to Calgary. These things were absolutely flying. Friday driving, arrive mid-Saturday, nothing on Sunday, and then out on Monday, delivered Tuesday? C'mon - this is unreal. 

Waves are fine, but blocking out Canada as its own chunk in the future might be wise, instead of "The Americas". 

Thanks Cyradis, you actually explained my point above better then I did:) I think all the americas should have been broke out.

2 hours ago, Smokestack said:

I agree with this. The fact also that the three missing items only affects the US is also a disappointment. It seems like a decision was made to prioritize everyone but the US.

Anyway, I hope not everything needs the boiling treatment, I have not had much success with it... Does it look like the Barge will need much?

Edit. Rahz, your daughter is insanely cute. I remember my kids being that age. My Daughter is 18 and will be going to college next year (I guess its this year since the school year is not much longer), My son is 17 and has one more year in house before he goes off too.

I cannot explain Canada as much, but if I recall, their was a priority, it was UK because of Brexit. As for those three pieces, from everything I heard Reaper say, they had zero space left with all the containers and warehouses full, and to operate with all that stuff sitting there while getting new inventory in would have been a logistical nightmare. I do not like that they started shipping before everything was there, but I understand and appreciate it. I think anything reaper did, someone would be upset. It's just how things go unfortunately. 

1 hour ago, Sirithiliel said:

agreed. Again, i do not fault reaper for the decions they made, but with the current way waves were set up, it is what it is

in the future i hope to see waves done away with and just go by region, then who cares. Do it by region and by when you lock in on the pledge manager, but do not do it by saying 'wave x ships first' and then not ship it first

yes, they might be toys. Yes, i'm going to patiently wait my turn. But that doesn't mean i can't compare the issue to previous kickstarters and hope for a better system in the future too.

also sad to hear so many are disassembled. That's going to really slow down when i'll get around to painting them, i hate glueing tiny arms and tiny heads onto bodies, it's one reason i don't purchase the kit minis from other places that have small humanoids with separate limbs and heads

But isn't this pretty much how they are doing it now? I agree, it should be all regions split out, then wave, THEN lock in. The big questions is, who goes first? 

43 minutes ago, Paradoxical Mouse said:

Unfortunately, both of those people have moved on/retired:( Honestly, in a perfect world, US would be getting stuff same time as Canada. Canada UPS actually doing a good job should not be a bad reflection on Reaper.

10 minutes ago, Cranky Dog said:

Internet comments are usually never happy.

With Bones 3, it took forever for Canada to receive anything. And did we complain? :grr:

Yes. Yes, we did. :devil: But in the end, everyone is happy once they receive their stuff. :bday: And I've yet to meet someone who had their life ruined because Bones shipped late.

Magikarp?

250px-129Magikarp.png

Instant paint scheme!

When it all comes down to it, no one knows what is going to happen, and Canada getting it so quick is a shocker, trust me.

No, someone did mention taking all the orders as they locked and shipping in that order. Nope, can you imagine the chaos on such a large scale switching back and forth from domestic to international?? Especially with as small a crew as Reaper, and STILL do day to day?? The crew is so small, I saw Ron's wife pulling orders :huh:

I feel for Reaper, because I have been there. I worked for Nippan Shuppan Hanbai (Books Nippan/DMD) with a crew of FOUR in my warehouse, I was data entry and sales rep (of which there were only two of us) and I helped unload a 40ft container of product EVERY monday from Japan, on top of whatever domestic we got, shipping to all over the world. How Reaper keeps their sanity on the scale they are at boggles my mind, and I applaud them.

We all need to breath, not take it personal, we will all get our toys and everything will be okay.

We have waited this long, a few more weeks will not be the end of the world. And we all need to give Reaper praise for doing what they do with the crew they have.

• Like 10
  • Thanks 5

33 minutes ago, Dan Goodchild said:

Hmm… my paint set B is only half-right; I got one box of the kickstarter colours and one box of pathfinder colours. Check your boxes!

Here's a great example of Bones Black really shining; look at how straight these swords are, right out of the box:

Please tell me I'm not dreaming, they cured Bones face!

• Like 9

For those who are upset about Canada getting their stuff ahead of USA, your emotion should be directed at those responsible for shipping stuff in and out of Canada and distributing it within Canada.

They screwed up, by demonstrating that at a certain level it is possible for things to move not just smoothly but incredibly rapidly and the question needs to be asked: "Why is this the exception instead of the norm?"

GEM

• Like 12
  • Thanks 4

31 minutes ago, Dan Goodchild said:

I was going to mention this in my other post, but family doesn't let me think when I am trying to comment:( Ed and Ron had mentioned that their reasoning for un-assembled mini's was for exactly to address the bendy weapons and such issue. Bones black makes this better, but even in the regular bones core, the un-assembled mini's should help alleviate bendiness a bit (according to their comments) 

17 minutes ago, Crowley said:

Nice... 

• Like 10