ladystorm

Reaper Bones 4: Enthusiasm and Commentary Thread

Just now, terminalmancer said:

One possibility is that the Chinese factory packaging/assembly team decided to glue the legs in, but in the future, Reaper-cast huts (retail, non-KS stock) won't have the legs pre-glued. I know I've gotten a fair number of pre-glued Kickstarter bones that, when I found them at retail later, were no longer being preassembled. This might be one of those cases.

Just from the packaging standpoint that makes sense.

• Like 8

4 minutes ago, terminalmancer said:

One possibility is that the Chinese factory packaging/assembly team decided to glue the legs in, but in the future, Reaper-cast huts (retail, non-KS stock) won't have the legs pre-glued. I know I've gotten a fair number of pre-glued Kickstarter bones that, when I found them at retail later, were no longer being preassembled. This might be one of those cases.

I was thinking something similar.  I wonder if part of the reason that the hut is on the List of Doom is because Reaper got the first batch, noticed the legs were glued on and went back to the factory and said "NO, they weren't supposed to be glued on!"

• Like 10

4 minutes ago, Suden said:

Turns out, they are remarkably solid when dry-fitting (minus wings):

Very nice

Bones Black or regular? They're one of the sets I'm really hyped for

• Like 7

7 minutes ago, Suden said:

so glad I got this set! :wub:

• Like 8

2 hours ago, Jasper_the_2nd said:

KS_2019_04_03.jpg.662ac75650842f59b82ce07ef99c15cf.jpg

Lucked out and UPS stopped here early!

What did the box weigh? Could we see everything laid out, possibly:) I am trying to get a feel of how heavy my box is going to be for UPS:)

1 hour ago, Jasper_the_2nd said:

frost_giants.thumb.jpg.299771f2ef2fcda94961049767bd1720.jpg

Here's the Frost Giants.  Male is all one piece except base, as is the wolf. Female's head and arms are separate.  More after lunch.....

Umm, they were both female:( I noticed in the kickstarter previews, the hunter became more umm *manly*?? Still both look awesome though

4 minutes ago, Suden said:

20190403_112414.jpg.5c028309f711d3187a933522d6c77e6b.jpg20190403_112324.jpg.6c3f43998c473d94b6cc59c42c893aee.jpg20190403_113251.jpg.8bc3553ca55921f04510acb4f32e9707.jpg20190403_113333.jpg.5cd4e50b085ec43e034a3509d550634f.jpg20190403_113402.jpg.fe6d8ce4b06c3dc1b33ae8eae5b45bc0.jpg

Ahh, Come on, I liked the female better left handed:down:

4 minutes ago, kristof65 said:

I was thinking something similar.  I wonder if part of the reason that the hut is on the List of Doom is because Reaper got the first batch, noticed the legs were glued on and went back to the factory and said "NO, they weren't supposed to be glued on!"

But why delay the giants and trees???? Ohh, maybe because the hunter looks male::o:

• Like 6

3 minutes ago, NomadZeke said:

Very nice

Bones Black or regular? They're one of the sets I'm really hyped for

I think regular? Not too sure about the new materials. They seem solid enough (which is why I could assemble them) but they have some flex in them similar to older bones.

• Like 6

1 hour ago, Crowley said:

Thank you! 

I wonder how hard that'll be to disassemble...

Male?

Was rushing, as lunch was ready...:upside:

The one with the helm is in 4 parts, the one with the spear just has a separate base.

• Like 6

1 hour ago, Corsair said:

Now why would YOU need 2 T-Rexes?

Um...I may have ordered 4. (And 4 trikes.) We are a dino loving family! We each get one of each to paint. 

• Like 8
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 5

3 hours ago, Suden said:

Someone asked for pics of the paint sets:

20190403_075510.jpg.20975aec4c8fa88c31975fb8b181d99e.jpg

The colours look great, I can't wait to break them out and see which one becomes my newest favorite.

Man, that Carbon Grey looks sweet. I can tell that's going to turn into one of my go-tos.

• Like 9

The rulers of Hell look awesome. Wish I had gotten 2 sets as I had originally planned.

32 minutes ago, Suden said:

20190403_112414.jpg.5c028309f711d3187a933522d6c77e6b.jpg20190403_113251.jpg.8bc3553ca55921f04510acb4f32e9707.jpg

• Like 11

2 hours ago, Corsair said:

Now why would YOU need 2 T-Rexes?

For the same reason I ordered 3 Thunderhoofs and the Lost Valley :ph34r:

2 hours ago, Jasper_the_2nd said:

Anyone want to see anything in particular?  I'll be inventorying....

I would love to see the Djinni and the Snail, and the Beetle from the Fan Pack and the Raptors and the Hornslasher from the Lost Valley.

23 minutes ago, Pineapple said:

Um...I may have ordered 4. (And 4 trikes.) We are a dino loving family! We each get one of each to paint. 

2 Rexes and 3 Trikes here, ALL MINE !!! MWWHUUHHAAAAHHHAAARRRROOO!!!!

• Like 8
  • Haha 5

IT'S HERE!

...I think. At least according to the UPS tracker.

Now I just hope they dropped it in front of the right door. I live in a twin duplex, where someone else has the same apartment door number as me, but different street number. Same building.

News update when I get home, after 6pm.

• Like 10

44 minutes ago, Ratmaster2000 said:

What did the box weigh? Could we see everything laid out, possibly:) I am trying to get a feel of how heavy my box is going to be for UPS:)

Umm, they were both female:( I noticed in the kickstarter previews, the hunter became more umm *manly*?? Still both look awesome though

But why delay the giants and trees???? Ohh, maybe because the hunter looks male::o:

Mine was 24 lbs.  Don't really have room to lay it all out atm.

But my order was:

2017 Core Set 
Argent 
Baba Yaga's Hut 
Blacksting, Wyvern 
Blacktooth Terror 
Chronoscope Expansion 
Dance of Death 
Fire Giant Huntsman 
Frost Giant Raiders 
Hill Giant Huntsman 
Hill Giants 
King Cobra 
King of the Jungle 
Lost Valley Expansion 
Modern Scenics 
Paint Set A 
Paint Set B 
Skeletal Dragon 
Stygian Barge 
Thunderfoot Behemoth 
Tree of Despair 
We Will Roc You! 
Zombie Dragon 

I was rushing for lunch and after assembling the helmed one, I just assumed the other was male since previous giant sets usually had a male and female set...oops!

• Like 9

1 minute ago, Jasper_the_2nd said:

Mine was 24 lbs. 

Based on your list, I'm guessing mine's going to be about 22 lbs.

• Like 7