ladystorm

Reaper Bones 4: Enthusiasm and Commentary Thread

in the middle of many people receiving their bones, i am filled with dread for how-am-i-going-to-store-them-all...

what have i wrought?

• Like 5
  • Haha 11

43 minutes ago, mikem91 said:

in the middle of many people receiving their bones, i am filled with dread for how-am-i-going-to-store-them-all...

what have i wrought?

Start looking for space under and behind couches and easy chairs.

If that isn't enough then check for odd corners in all closets.

Also, evict all the Dust Bunnies from under all beds and replace them with Reaper Bones Guardian Beasts.

GEM

The thought just occurred to me from looking at every bodies posted lists of what they pledged for in this KS.

We need a banner with big red letters across a Bones Logo that simply says:

"Bankrupted by Bones"

GEM

• Like 2
  • Haha 8

16 minutes ago, Green Eyed Monster said:

The thought just occurred to me from looking at every bodies posted lists of what they pledged for in this KS.

We need a banner with big red letters across a Bones Logo that simply says:

"Bankrupted by Bones"

GEM

I don't need a banner for that. My empty kitchen cabinets and fridge remind me of that regularly. Oh well, who needs food when you have minis?

• Like 4
  • Haha 7
  • Sad 1

1 hour ago, mikem91 said:

what have i wrought?

If you have a couch and a bed, you're good to go.  Either sleep on the couch and tuck the bones into bed, or let the bones chill on the couch and watch TV.  You won't have time for TV with all the painting you need to do.

• Like 2
  • Haha 9

As an update to @Darsc Zacaland @Cyradis and whomever else got them, It was positively confirmed tonight by Ron that indeed the trolls will be getting the battering ham (yah, either I forgot my password or someone ganked my Ratmaster2000 handle, so I was Ratmastery2k on the chat tonight).

• Like 8

3 hours ago, mikem91 said:

what have i wrought?

Wait, You're in strongsville? 15min from me? Oh I got an easy solution now (for anything medium or smaller, and some things in the large category even)

Go to harbor freight- pickup some of the 'small parts' storage, the clear plastic things, they make great storage, and you can sort them however you want.  Basically if you want unpainted storage, this is nice. Painted storage, i can't help ya there. (This is most of my bones 2/3 human-ish style figures, I added 3 containers (less painted minis of course) in prep for bones 4.

Spoiler

20170531_020646.thumb.jpg.a6c20466461b197644a5baf15e342461.jpg

Edited by NomadZeke
  • Like 10

what have i wrought?

Keep the box they come in, and get some cheap containers with handles from walmart. It's what I do.

• Like 6

1 hour ago, Ratmaster2000 said:

As an update to @Darsc Zacaland @Cyradis and whomever else got them, It was positively confirmed tonight by Ron that indeed the trolls will be getting the battering ham (yah, either I forgot my password or someone ganked my Ratmaster2000 handle, so I was Ratmastery2k on the chat tonight).

Thanks Ratmaster! 

what have i wrought?

Bwahahaha. Uhh... I was living in a much bigger place when I ordered these. I suspect they'll end up living under, or in, the bed. In - we have a mostly unused drawer on the end, so that can be claimed. And half of my big drawer in the dresser. Nooks and crannies and wherever I can stuff 'um. 

• Like 8

what have i wrought?

Bag of holding?

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 6

what have i wrought?

I put money on a larger apartment this week.

To be fair, we're moving for many reasons. Two people in a studio gets old. But 'miniature storage' was a real consideration while we looked. Gonna need more shelves...

• Like 13
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

5 hours ago, Mushu_Green said:

;)

56157978_846221982399391_6139186146497789952_n.thumb.jpg.df34909af892b48e7b3a996c217c3077.jpg

Looks awesome, I will be getting it, my jungle will have some croc infested rivers soon!

3 hours ago, Bane Of Humanity said:

Im thinking of taking that whip and putting it on her!

OUT OF CONTEXT QUOTE OF THE DAY!

• Like 1
  • Haha 13
  • Confused 1

Treebeard?????? My kingdom for a treebeard pic

I am really glad I got lost world. That elephant is totally huge!!!!

• Like 5

41 minutes ago, dice4hire said:

Treebeard?????? My kingdom for a treebeard pic

I am really glad I got lost world. That elephant is totally huge!!!!

Suden posted it back on page 900, here is a copy of it:)

17 hours ago, Suden said:

The mammoth looked tiny compared to some of the other minis. But a quick check of Wikipedia and it looks like it's a fairly accurate scale:

5AGDKcFd.jpeg.a9b7047be6371710c69268cedbb5fff1.jpeg

Mossbeard pieces could make for some nice terrain. This is one leg next to a human sized bones guy:

7vi-536-.jpeg.bc17bb363a15c0226da9722cce498c0d.jpeg

Pretty sure it's Mossbeard ;) Here are a couple shots:

Pyca9tC_.thumb.jpeg.bfabc3844c10c1a4b8ece8391206375a.jpeg

Since I had just assembled the mammoth, I included him. The regular bones guy is in there too, beside a tree-trunk leg. The one arm was falling out, which is why the rather large pill bottle cap.

HWOO0rwD.jpeg.4802505d6ac36334779a383cf1e94a6d.jpeg

Here's a player's eye view of Mossbeard, with the mammoth looking like a playful puppy next to him. Don't let the forced perspective fool you, he's 2-3 inches shorter than the art book behind him. He's around 9" tall.

• Like 10