ladystorm

Reaper Bones 4: Enthusiasm and Commentary Thread

Right now my Bones are imported into the UK as part of a shipment from Reaper Texas to Reaper UK, not as a parcel to me, Nunae. So Reaper will pay customs/VAT/fees to import stuff. I prepaid those fees in the pledgemanager since they are importing my Bones for me in their name.

In the UK, my Bones will be adressed to me, Nunae, in Germany. With a hard Brexit a shipment from the UK to an EU country would probably have to go through customs again, and get additional fees, like 19% VAT and customs appropriate to the type of wares.

It's not really a case of a parcel going from the US to Germany via UK.

• Like 4

All i know is if i order from the US reaper store in the UK now, and the order comes to $50, that is fine i then pay postage....

Reaper send it from the USA it arrives here, and the royal mail then go AHHHHH "this is not from the UK or the EU" "pay £12 for a letter and then a random amount based on Postage and the goods total" so when something is $100 and $15 postage thats $115 i then pay between 20 and 40% depending on the contents....because our mail system is random, once i had to pay 100% of the total again, it was for Ma'aldrakaar so i had to pay about $200 to get it here, 1 month later, a store in the UK started stocking it, i was less than impressed :)

i dont know how they do VAT for the rest of the EU i imagine it is adhered too and always 33%

• Like 4
  • Sad 1

16 minutes ago, NecroMancer said:

This is all I found in the KS comments:

I understood they needed some time to get things prepared after Canada and the world were done, but three days?!?!? I work in shipping, logistics is my job where I ship hundreds of packages per day. My boss would fire me if I used that much downtime.

I think he was just referring to the 3 days from when they completed Canadian shipping completed and not to 3 days still to get it going.  I might have missed something though.  

I'm a little surprised that they didn't start shipping yesterday as planned, however I have billions of figures from Bones 1-3 already, on top of all the others I have from other Kickstarters, Red Box Games, etc. 

It's not like I don't have tons to paint already. 

Still...we're all excited to see the new freshness :lol:

I'm glad to know that a delay has been announced-ish.

8 minutes ago, Nimphona27 said:

All i know is if i order from the US reaper store in the UK now, and the order comes to $50, that is fine i then pay postage....

Reaper send it from the USA it arrives here, and the royal mail then go AHHHHH "this is not from the UK or the EU" "pay £12 for a letter and then a random amount based on Postage and the goods total" so when something is $100 and $15 postage thats $115 i then pay between 20 and 40% depending on the contents....because our mail system is random, once i had to pay 100% of the total again, it was for Ma'aldrakaar so i had to pay about $200 to get it here, 1 month later, a store in the UK started stocking it, i was less than impressed :)

i dont know how they do VAT for the rest of the EU i imagine it is adhered too and always 33%

The message I'm seeing here is that you need to instead come to ReaperCon and buy all of the things

• Like 9

1 minute ago, Adrift said:

I'm a little surprised that they didn't start shipping yesterday as planned, ....

When they were talking on Thursday about figuring out how to run a data cable to the new warehouse, I had my doubts that Monday was realistic. (Easy to say on Tuesday, I know.) Infrastructure setup always takes longer than you think it will.

Even if you factor in that it will take longer than you think it will. :B):

• Like 9

1 minute ago, Adrift said:

I'm a little surprised that they didn't start shipping yesterday as planned, however I have billions of figures from Bones 1-3 already, on top of all the others I have from other Kickstarters, Red Box Games, etc. 

It's not like I don't have tons to paint already. 

Still...we're all excited to see the new freshness :lol:

I'm glad to know that a delay has been announced-ish.

Sorry maybe I didn't make that clear.  Just some random backer made the point.  He was saying he was surprised that it had been 3 days since Canadian shipping ended and they still hadn't started.

I have seen no updates.  No one knows anything.

I am really trying to be patient but as it gets closer it get harder!

• Like 8

2 minutes ago, Doug Sundseth said:

When they were talking on Thursday about figuring out how to run a data cable to the new warehouse, I had my doubts that Monday was realistic. (Easy to say on Tuesday, I know.) Infrastructure setup always takes longer than you think it will.

As a homeowner who has many projects underway with contractors, I'm all too aware of infrastructure delays impeding progress. :lol:

1 minute ago, NecroMancer said:

Sorry maybe I didn't make that clear.  Just some random backer made the point.  He was saying he was surprised that it had been 3 days since Canadian shipping ended and they still hadn't started.

I have seen no updates.  No one knows anything.

I am really trying to be patient but as it gets closer it get harder!

Ohhh, gotcha! :lol:

It's really hard to be patient, especially with seeing pictures on social media of other backers who're enjoying their goodies. 

Though I do NOT look forward to going through the order and auditing to make sure it's all there, etc. :blues:

• Like 7

2 minutes ago, Doug Sundseth said:

I wondered the same thing, but was holding out hope. 

I'm trying desperately not to feed any negativity, and stay positive. If I let this drag me down, I'm going to have some bigger issues. 

• Like 8

Weren't two of those days on the weekend?  

It was my understanding from last Thursday's video that they not only had to do the network thing, but rearrange the contents of warehouse B to make room for the equipment they were moving over from warehouse A,  while still maintaining regular factory production working hours. 

• Like 7

1 minute ago, kristof65 said:

I wondered the same thing, but was holding out hope. 

I'm trying desperately not to feed any negativity, and stay positive. If I let this drag me down, I'm going to have some bigger issues. 

I sometimes think that Reaper misunderstands how more information would affect their audience. Certainly there would be people who would use any comment as an excuse to bash Reaper. But since those same people will bash Reaper for lack of comment as well (see every Kickstarter project comments ever), I don't necessarily see that as a problem.

I really do think that there are more people who would be understanding about things with real explanations. I was wrong once before though. ::D:

• Like 5

35 minutes ago, Crowley said:

*rolls up sleeves*

This call for drastic measures.

*gets on wheel*

Bones IV: The Wait Is Good For Your Cardio.

The Auld Grump

• Like 1
  • Haha 10

3 minutes ago, Inarah said:

It was my understanding from last Thursday's video that they not only had to do the network thing, but rearrange the contents of warehouse B to make room for the equipment they were moving over from warehouse A,  while still maintaining regular factory production working hours. 

I think they already did the network thing by pulling a cable through a pipe. Not much more needed than that cable and a place to plug it in at. Hopefully they aren't delaying it just because they don't have a video feed up and running yet!

• Like 5

2 minutes ago, NomadZeke said:

Maybe the delay is to test a fulfillment livestream? I can hope.

Having the things > watching people pack the things :lol:

• Like 8
  • Haha 6

3 minutes ago, Inarah said:

I thought they had most of last week to work on the warehouse. By Wednesday there were Canadians with tracking numbers which means things had to be gone from Texas before then.

• Like 3

4 minutes ago, Inarah said:

Canadian shipping ended last Tuesday.  So they had Wednesday, Thursday and Friday. 

Ed did indicate on Reaper Live that they had everything mapped out but that they still had a lot to do.  He emphasized that and as of that same video they had April 8th as the "tentative" date which really made me think they were not going to be ready.  

• Like 6