ladystorm

Reaper Bones 4: Enthusiasm and Commentary Thread

4 minutes ago, Doug Sundseth said:

I sometimes think that Reaper misunderstands how more information would affect their audience. Certainly there would be people who would use any comment as an excuse to bash Reaper. But since those same people will bash Reaper for lack of comment as well (see every Kickstarter project comments ever), I don't necessarily see that as a problem.

I really do think that there are more people who would be understanding about things with real explanations. I was wrong once before though. ::D:

But only once? :poke:

• Like 6
  • Haha 3

I don't really need anything but the wait is killing me...

I would like to have the Ape Men, the Nagendra and the dinosaurs though in the next 2 weeks as my Council of Wyrms group is going to a "lost city".

• Like 8

6 minutes ago, Cyradis said:

But only once? :poke:

An unmarried man, he must be... :lol:

Edited by Adrift
  • Like 1
  • Haha 15

Just now, Adrift said:

On the Thursday Reaperlive, didn't Ed also promise an actual KS update for Friday the 5th??

We got an update on Friday, but it came through in the evening.

• Like 5

Just now, Adrift said:

On the Thursday Reaperlive, didn't Ed also promise an actual KS update for Friday the 5th??

His wife is a nice lady. Perhaps he was forgiven. 

Regarding ReaperLive: dunno. Those videos are far too long and disorganized for me usually so I rarely watch them. 

• Like 8

2 minutes ago, Adrift said:

After the 25th Anniversary, I don't think I count any more.

ETA: "Count" has multiple meanings. :poke:

Edited by Doug Sundseth
  • Like 1
  • Haha 7

Y'all quoted me before I had a chance to delete it. I was bored by the update on Friday so I disregarded it, and confirmed there was one after I'd written my sentence :lol:

1 minute ago, Doug Sundseth said:

After the 25th Anniversary, I don't think I count any more.

ETA: "Count" has multiple meanings. :poke:

All I can think of is Count Chocula :lol:

• Like 2
  • Haha 8

Checked my tracking just now and UPS says it'll be delivered tomorrow instead of today. Which is pretty much matched what I figured with it showing up in the mail on Friday instead of whatever UPS promises at the time. Also realised that I only gave Reaper my PO box and not a house address so UPS isn't even trying for a house delivery. Even though this is exactly what I expected it feels a bit sad KNOWING it won't be today. 

• Like 1
  • Sad 7

All I can say is that if Reaper doesn't start shipping soon that my boss is going to notice I am not getting anything done but I will let him know the situation and that it is Reaper's fault.  I hope they are prepared for a strongly worded email from a mid level accounting manager from a nonspecific branch of the Colorado State government! 

• Like 4
  • Haha 18

I don't feel entitled to daily progress updates. I have every confidence things will get delivered. 

I do think Reaper could learn a lot from this in terms of managing expectations. Once they threw the April 8th date out there, people had that set in their minds. That's not necessarily fair to Reaper (they did say it could take longer) but that's human psychology. 

At that point you've backed yourself into a corner of needing to explain yourself if you miss that date. Pure speculation on my part, but I think Ed and Ron feel the pressure to reassure people on the stream and try to give the rosiest picture they can. 

A more conservative schedule (at least publicly) and/or a quick April 8th update would probably have gone a long way. 

But again, I'm not all that worried about the actual bones. Just highlighting one area to improve on for a hypothetical next time. 

• Like 14

8 minutes ago, Adrift said:

Y'all quoted me before I had a chance to delete it. I was bored by the update on Friday so I disregarded it, and confirmed there was one after I'd written my sentence :lol:

All I can think of is Count Chocula :lol:

Count: Member of a set, as: "I count as an old married man."

Count: Enumerate, as: "I count one error."

Count: Rely upon, as: "I'm counting on receiving my Reaper Bones IV pledge reward Soon™, or possibly sooner."

Count: Nobility, as: "'Graf' is the German equivalent of 'Count'"

and of course the cereal one, the tastiest.

• Like 3
  • Haha 5

I think they'd have been better served saying they'll start the week of the 8th, rather than Monday The 8th. 

*shrug

Aah well...

• Like 13