ladystorm

Reaper Bones 4: Enthusiasm and Commentary Thread

18 minutes ago, Pineapple said:

I don't feel entitled to daily progress updates. I have every confidence things will get delivered. 

I do think Reaper could learn a lot from this in terms of managing expectations. Once they threw the April 8th date out there, people had that set in their minds. That's not necessarily fair to Reaper (they did say it could take longer) but that's human psychology. 

At that point you've backed yourself into a corner of needing to explain yourself if you miss that date. Pure speculation on my part, but I think Ed and Ron feel the pressure to reassure people on the stream and try to give the rosiest picture they can. 

A more conservative schedule (at least publicly) and/or a quick April 8th update would probably have gone a long way. 

But again, I'm not all that worried about the actual bones. Just highlighting one area to improve on for a hypothetical next time. 

If they would have announced the date just once and then didn't start on time that would be one thing but they again gave the date a couple of days ago.  They did not sound confident at all about it but that really set up people's expectations.  Now I am guessing we will have another day with no shipping combined with probably most Canadians receiving their orders before US even begins I don't think anyone should be surprised by backers being upset. 

A quick message on one of their social media platforms would go a long ways.  I don't have social media but from what I understand that is the whole point of social media, to give quick messages and updates about how you are doing.  

Edited by NecroMancer
  • Like 11
  • Sad 1

2 hours ago, Xiwo Xerase said:

That's a little mean to the city of Red Deer, isn't it?  It's not like it's their fault the tracker has been stuck on them for days.

Hopefully they will be surpassed today and the tracker will move on.

It's bad enough for them it's a boring city that most call "Dead Rear", and many young residents will "escape" to Edmonton or Calgary only to find out that hey, those cities are just as boring and nowhere near as pretty... And more expensive to live in, too. 

• Like 9
  • Haha 2

They DID say it was a projected date. I'm bummed it's taking longer, but would rather them get it right than try to rush

• Like 9

Almost forgot I'm also getting the Nagendra and the Ghost Pirates.

Live pics anyone?

• Like 5

Yeah, I'm not going to say I'm not disappointed at more time slipping away before US shipping.  The kids have spring break right now so I had been hoping for a family unboxing. 

I really, really hope that there is either shipping or info very soon.  I'd be fine with either.

• Like 9

Has anyone asked for an update on the reaper facebook group & tagged them?   I'm sure someone is watching there, at least occasionally.

• Like 3

On a happier note, I selflessly tested the shipping speed from the UK to Germany again. I really needed that Orc shaman, I just had one of those curse a player in my last game, so it felt like destiny that he became the miniature of the month. The player is super thrilled as well.

Took the order 3 days (plus weekend) to get to me from the time I got the shipping notification. Hopefully the KS order will be shipped in a similar way.

Edit: Also, does someone have a size comparison from the rulers of hell to the giants?

Edited by Nunae
  • Like 10

14 minutes ago, emmagine said:

Has anyone asked for an update on the reaper facebook group & tagged them?   I'm sure someone is watching there, at least occasionally.

They deleted my comment "Any word on US shipping?". It was off topic, but still, kind of annoying that they aren't saying anything and ignoring requests for info. They have to know we're a needy bunch by now 

• Like 1
  • Confused 5
  • Sad 5

1 hour ago, Cyradis said:

His wife is a nice lady. Perhaps he was forgiven. 

Being not wrong and being forgiven are two completely different things. I know because my wife told  me so. :huh:

I’m interested in how much my shipment will weigh. This is by far my largest KS ever, having pledge at Bones2x3 level!

(It helps me if I standardize  my pledge levels so it doesn’t look like as much as it really is.)

Edited by Maredudd
  • Like 1
  • Haha 12

Did a search for both Matthew Clark and Ron Hawkins, to MAYBE see if an update was missed. Nope, nothing (well except time is running out on the Bones conversion contest haha)

• Sad 6

13 minutes ago, pinkymadigan said:

They deleted my comment "Any word on US shipping?". It was off topic, but still, kind of annoying that they aren't saying anything and ignoring requests for info. They have to know we're a needy bunch by now 

Wow.  Off topic on the Reaper page?  

I can only imagine things are crazy there. 

I wondered why I didn’t see a stitch of chatter about Bones 4 shipping on the FB page.  They must be just wholesale deleting everything new that appears.

Edited by Chris Palmer
  • Like 3
  • Sad 3

You know, if I didn't have to move to Texas, I'd offer to be their new "mouthpiece" :) I have ...some... Customer service experience::P: Just saying::o:

• Like 5

I'm kinda spitballing here, but maybe whoever is managing social media for them currently is deleting all such posts cause they have an announcement coming soon, and otherwise the page would just be flooded

• Like 9