Sign in to follow this  
ladystorm

Reaper Bones 4: Enthusiasm and Commentary Thread

31 minutes ago, Skallabjorn said:
41 minutes ago, Cyradis said:

@Ratmaster2000 what negativity did you see? Maybe I missed your post over there or didn't recognize it? There was some serious salt going on about... everything. 

Probably the same as what is over on the Kickstarter comments page. A select few individuals complaining "I am US wave one and I have not gotten my minis yet", "Reaper PROMISED the 8th", "They said fulfillment would begin in February", and my FAVORITE "They should just ship what they have, as they get it, at no charge to me, AND I want minis for compensation". These people have no idea. I've been in the hobby since '78, and the changes I've seen are nothing short of miraculous.

What I saw most on FB was folks not involved with the Kickstarter cursing and shouting at anyone who posted about the kickstarter.

"Who the H*** cares your package shipped"!...that type of thing.  And, "Stop  asking stupid questions!  It wa already answered 1000 times!"

5 minutes ago, NecroMancer said:

Well I got great news!  Here it is the day before I'm to get my Bones and I am making this post from the ER.  

Turns out I have a 4mm kidney stone.  I'll be going home tonight so I should be home for my package but it might hamper my unboxing experience. 

Oh, no!   Hope you feel better soon!  

Edited by Chris Palmer
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1
  • Sad 7

3 minutes ago, NecroMancer said:

Well I got great news!  Here it is the day before I'm to get my Bones and I am making this post from the ER.  

Turns out I have a 4mm kidney stone.  I'll be going home tonight so I should be home for my package but it might hamper my unboxing experience. 

There is a chant you can do.  So next time you go to urinate and you feel the pressure building. just chant...

KA....ME....HA....ME.....HAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA

Seriously though hope you feel better.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 10
  • Confused 1

1 hour ago, Cyradis said:

@Ratmaster2000 what negativity did you see? Maybe I missed your post over there or didn't recognize it? There was some serious salt going on about... everything. 

With a list like that, you may want to live-stream just parts. I just dug into the box and went "oooh!" and it took 40 minutes. I was wallowing in the box with Sir Cyr inventorying and checking fits for EIGHT HOURS. We didn't even snip every sprue! 

Oh it was mostly people whining about NOT getting bones 4 (really? not like we haven't talked about it, especially PM open for a year), but one reply in particular was someone saying (in response to me asking about live streaming my unboxing) "who wants to watch a stranger unboxing their bones" or something to that effect.

30 minutes ago, NecroMancer said:

Oh, this sucks, get better soon!

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1
  • Sad 5

1 minute ago, Ratmaster2000 said:

"who wants to watch a stranger unboxing their bones" or something to that effect.

Clearly this person has never been on the forums. I mean, we lose our minds over watching the progress of a shipping tracker. :lol: :lol:  :lol:

FWIWA I actually really enjoy watching unboxing videos; it helps with the waiting. ^_^

Huzzah! 

--OneBoot :D 

• Like 14
  • Haha 5

Lol, just got the shipping email from Reaper, just over 5 hours after the UPS email. Is it Thursday yet?

8 minutes ago, Ratmaster2000 said:

"who wants to watch a stranger unboxing their bones" or something to that effect.

Better than watching a video of myself opening a box of Bones!

• Like 5
  • Haha 4

8 hours ago, kristof65 said:

So even though mine is on its way to me, I've still decided to cast the tracker to my TV.

Any cities ya'll want me to look out for and try to grab a photo of?IMG_20190412_100826.thumb.jpg.e1e4048bcd98575c4527807a74ca5e4a.jpg

Phoenix, AZ would be good to be able to share with my gaming group.

• Like 7

50 minutes ago, NecroMancer said:

Some packages are more important than others, hope it goes smoothly. ;-)

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

It would be rather funny if there was a Red Deer, California. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 9

41 minutes ago, Pezler the Polychromatic said:

Why, what did you forget to order? :huh:

I don't know! I thought I got everything... I think I'm going to throw a cloth over the box and claim it's a new table...

2017 Core Set     

Skulls       

Orbs    
Dragon Turtle 
High Rollers x2
Baba Yaga's Hut 
Rocky x3
Dance of Death 
Living Statue Spartan x2
Living Statue Amazon x2
Modern Scenics x3
Paint Set B 
We Will Roc You! 
King of the Jungle 
King Cobrax2
Chronoscope Expansion 
Dreadmere Expansion 
Darkreach Expansion 
Lost Valley Expansion 
Fan Favorites 
Zombie Dragon 
Hill Giants 
Wraiths 
Fire Giant Huntsman 
Skeletal Monsters 
Mossbeard, Treeman 
Trolls 
Skeletal Dragon 
Narglauth 
Tree of Despair 
Hill Giant Huntsman 
Agramon 
Frost Giant Raiders 
Blacksting, Wyvern 
Rulers of Hell 
Thunderfoot Behemoth 
Blacktooth Terror 
Fantasy Scenics 
Stygian Barge 
Nyarlathotep 
Argent
Gargoyles 
Jessica Rich DVD 

• Like 12
  • Haha 7

For those backers that pledged for Paint Set B, and received the paints for Paint Set A, have there been any directions for seeking correction?

• Like 3

3 hours ago, Lidless Eye said:

Baba Yaga is also in the new Hellboy movie, though early suggestions would say that's not a good thing.

There's a classic D&D module that uses Baba Yaga, "The Dancing Hut of Baba Yaga".  The spell, "Tasha's Hideous Laughter", was created by and named after one of her many daughters.

She also has an entire adventure path themed after in in Pathfinder, "Reign of Winter".  It is a great bizarro module full of Eastern European myths ans monsters.

Reaper put out a previous metal version in that line...I prefer the new Bones version.

Fewer than you'd think, as it turns out; you spend a big chunk of the second half on earth, in Russia ... right about when the Romanovs were being removed. That gets a mention. Then you spend a lot of time finding out what a crazy old bat loses in her 'basement'. Ever seen a paladin have a one-sided argument with a centuries-old witch about house cleaning?

I mean.. there were some folk tales and legends. But there were also trench zombies, at least one animated tank (yes, military), and we found out the hard way about grenades and gas. My character (a paladin) came out of that one twitching every time somebody does something as innocent as /bolt a door/. Drag a chain down the street and she's found the nearest functional cover before anyone quite knows what happened. She does NOT get along with guns.

I never want to play that AP again. *shudder*

That having been said, I suspect her Hut will be useful; if I can get the legs off it without doing too much damage, this is doubly true.

If not... well, we'll see. At the least, I will have a very interesting table ornament.

• Like 7
  • Haha 1

31 minutes ago, Ratmaster2000 said:

Oh it was mostly people whining about NOT getting bones 4 (really? not like we haven't talked about it, especially PM open for a year), but one reply in particular was someone saying (in response to me asking about live streaming my unboxing) "who wants to watch a stranger unboxing their bones" or something to that effect.

Ignore him.  That troll (sorry real trolls) has been posting rude crap to every post even remotely related to Bones IV all day.

To that point that I started looking to see if there was a way to ignore people in fb groups....

1 hour ago, NecroMancer said:

Ouch.

BTW, if we combine several posts from this page we can determine that that 4mm represents a 232mm (23.2 cm, just over 9") rock at 28mm scale.....:upside:

• Like 7
  • Haha 4
  • Confused 1

1 hour ago, NecroMancer said:

Good luck.  I wonder what causes those.  <Checks google>  Lots of things can cause those.  Too many to change your lifestyle unless they become a major problem.  Biggest thing seems to be staying hydrated.  I learned that eating calcium-rich foods is often a preventative, so that was a surprise.

• Like 8
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Ratmaster2000 said:

Me! I've been watching every unboxing video that I can get my hands on

• Like 10