Sign in to follow this  
ladystorm

Reaper Bones 4: Enthusiasm and Commentary Thread

I haven't seen any breakage, but the box was about as small as it could be to fit my minis. Maybe that meant it was less prone to crushing?  One of my dreadmere boxes got slightly crushed, but that's the most damage I've seen so far.

• Like 6

The poorly assembled reports worry me a bit.

Either assemble it correctly or give me the sprues!

• Like 11
  • Thanks 2

The breakage reports worry me. Not just because I now have to go through every single mini but because I bought bones to toss in a ziplock bag and take to cons. 

The new more brittle material means changing how I store them and not taking them to cons or events like free rpg day. 

• Like 12
  • Thanks 1
  • Sad 1

11 minutes ago, Argentee said:

The breakage reports worry me. Not just because I now have to go through every single mini but because I bought bones to toss in a ziplock bag and take to cons. 

The new more brittle material means changing how I store them and not taking them to cons or events like free rpg day. 

Howe many minis are made from the breakable stuff?

• Like 3

12 minutes ago, Argentee said:

I don't think they're nearly as brittle as metal - I think they'll put up with drops, tousles, etc. I think they just break under high forces - so being crushed, etc. Otherwise there'd be a lot more breakage reported.

Edited by Paradoxical Mouse
  • Like 6

5 minutes ago, Paradoxical Mouse said:

I don't think they're nearly as brittle as metal - I think they'll put up with drops, tousles, etc. I think they just break under high forces - so being crushed, etc. Otherwise there'd be a lot more breakage reported.

I don't think I've had a single broken bit yet. Some iffy assembly work that needs addressing, but overall so far I'm pleased with Bones Black.

• Like 8

8 hours ago, Talae said:

I have saved this for last because it looks so daunting. Maybe I should have gotten it over with sooner...

Or schooner ? Sorry, couldn't resist

• Like 1
  • Haha 8

Finally picked up my box and got to go through it. I was actually missing something, for the first time in my Bones history - didn't get my Fantasy Scenics. I've already emailed Reaper, but I'll be patient. Obviously, they've got their hands full...

• Like 6
  • Sad 4

14 minutes ago, Paradoxical Mouse said:

I might have to choose a sacrificial mini and do some tests unless someone beats me to it.  

Miniature horror story under the cut

years ago at a gaming event outside a store I had a pre teen drop a mini then Drag it with their foot across the concrete to get it closer to pick up. It was trashed.  This led to me stopping bringing minis to cons and events which led to my stopping painting minis. The first Bones Kickstarter is what for me back into the hobby.

• Like 2
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 20

1 minute ago, Argentee said:

I might have to choose a sacrificial mini and do some tests unless someone beats me to it.  

Miniature horror story under the cut

Reveal hidden contents

years ago at a gaming event outside a store I had a pre teen drop a mini then Drag it with their foot across the concrete to get it closer to pick up. It was trashed.  This led to me stopping bringing minis to cons and events which led to my stopping painting minis. The first Bones Kickstarter is what for me back into the hobby.

Or you know, test their base they come on. Because that can be replaced with grit or paste. But yes the fear is now known. Despite mine never seeing the light of day....

• Like 7

1 minute ago, Kroas said:

Or you know, test their base they come on. Because that can be replaced with grit or paste. But yes the fear is now known. Despite mine never seeing the light of day....

Maybe Sprue bits.  I  might be able glue together and paint up stick figures out of sprue bits... use that to test the new Bones material...

• Like 8
  • Thanks 2
  • Haha 2

1 hour ago, Pineapple said:

Pretty big bummer to hear about all the stuff breaking and/or poorly assembled. 

Out of a 36 lb (16+ kg) box, I had two broken bits and one piece that was miscast. I suspect that an ordinary order from the store would have many fewer issues, because there wouldn't be anything like that mass moving around in the back of a truck. There were more issues with poor assembly, but still under a dozen. On the other side of the equation, the quality of the casting for this round is noticeably better.

Works pretty well for me, YMMV.

1 hour ago, Glitterwolf said:

The poorly assembled reports worry me a bit.

Either assemble it correctly or give me the sprues!

That, I fully agree with. And I'm always going to take more care assembling my own stuff than somebody paid by the piece to slap the parts together with a little glue.

• Like 9

The biggest issue I've come across so far is the pack for the tortoise. Its warped, and doesn't fit on the shell.

I'm hoping boiling will work, but... 

IMG_20190416_202202.jpg

• Like 1
  • Sad 16

3 minutes ago, Crowley said:

The biggest issue I've come across so far is the pack for the tortoise. Its warped, and doesn't fit on the shell.

I'm hoping boiling will work, but... 

IMG_20190416_202202.jpg

this is not how you make turtle soup

• Like 1
  • Haha 10
  • Sad 1