Sign in to follow this  
ladystorm

Reaper Bones 4: Enthusiasm and Commentary Thread

7 hours ago, Bane Of Humanity said:

Thats a little disappointing to hear....that argent is smaller than promised...I guess ill see for my self as I should be getting my stuff today.

I was fortunate enough to acquire one of the WoTC Elder Red Dragons in excellent shape but that had suffered a crunched box through a Thrift Store online outlet at a more or less reasonable price.

It's just over 13" tall on its base and actually too big for normal gaming purposes unless you are playing basically God Level Characters.

An 8" Argent is actually a more playable size for most of the real world gaming scenarios.

I'm only slightly disappointed at the nearly 1/3 shrink but I can live with it.

GEM

• Like 9

48 minutes ago, Kro said:

You have me beat by 5 :P

I've gone through 4 bottles of the loctite superglue gel stuff tonight... and barely made a dent

Did the Dragon turtle, 3x dire crabs, all the giants and all the trolls..

I need to get more super glue. I only have glued some stuff, not much big stuff, and my bottle is low. Yikes!

• Like 5

7 minutes ago, Jason Zavoda said:

A powerful magnet in the recess and a thin metal plate on  top of the legs.

You can certainly do that. The problem, as I see it, is that you're then limited to only friction to resist any turning moment. And with the mass of the model, I would want more than that.

• Like 4

6 minutes ago, Green Eyed Monster said:

I was fortunate enough to acquire one of the WoTC Elder Red Dragons in excellent shape but that had suffered a crunched box through a Thrift Store online outlet at a more or less reasonable price.

It's just over 13" tall on its base and actually too big for normal gaming purposes unless you are playing basically God Level Characters.

An 8" Argent is actually a more playable size for most of the real world gaming scenarios.

I'm only slightly disappointed at the nearly 1/3 shrink but I can live with it.

GEM

I'm a little disappointed in the size reduction, especially when it was advertised as being larger.

That said, I'm also a little relieved, because the figure is going to be difficult enough even at this size to handle while painting. Increasing the mass by more than 200% (mass rises as the cube of the height) would make him ridiculous to handle

• Like 9
  • Thanks 2

Finished unpacking Dreadmere... some great figures there. Going to have to buy a Juliana at retail and remove her somehow from her base. Andowyn's arm wasn't glued into her sleeve, but other than that everything looked good. My land terrapin's saddle dry fit so tightly that I had trouble getting it off again, it was snug as a bug. And I agree with Oneboot about the cart, going to have to hit the holes for the axle with a sanding needle, see if I can get it to roll.

• Like 11

2 minutes ago, Doug Sundseth said:

I'm a little disappointed in the size reduction, especially when it was advertised as being larger.

That said, I'm also a little relieved, because the figure is going to be difficult enough even at this size to handle while painting. Increasing the mass by more than 200% (mass rises as the cube of the height) would make him ridiculous to handle

I agree. My relief is stronger than my disappointment. At a certain point it is unwieldy, and he won't fit on my overly large windowsills. He'd need to be broken into more pieces, but that would mean more greenstuffing... yeah. I'm good with this size, even if he was advertised as bigger. 

• Like 10
  • Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, OneBoot said:

-Contact [email protected] for issues. Make sure to specify it's for Bones 4 and include your Kickstarter email address.

While they didn't mention it this time, in past kickstarter projects they have asked that you include your order number with any request for a fix. I would recommend doing the same now.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 2

3 minutes ago, Doug Sundseth said:
10 minutes ago, OneBoot said:

-Contact [email protected] for issues. Make sure to specify it's for Bones 4 and include your Kickstarter email address.

While they didn't mention it this time, in past kickstarter projects they have asked that you include your order number with any request for a fix. I would recommend doing the same now.

Also, make sure to leave out pictures unless they ask for them in a follow up email. It gets caught in the filter that way.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 3

4 minutes ago, Doug Sundseth said:

2 minutes ago, Talae said:

Also, make sure to leave out pictures unless they ask for them in a follow up email. It gets caught in the filter that way.

Both excellent points; I've edited my post to include them.

8 minutes ago, Doug Sundseth said:

The more I fiddle with mine, the more I'm inclined to agree. Especially the wings, good grief. Painting those will be a bit of an endurance feat lol! I'll weigh him and compare him to Ma'al, because I'm curious.

Huzzah!

--OneBoot :D

• Like 11

3 hours ago, Bane Of Humanity said:

I like how the cat is looking at you like
"Get this $#!* out of my bed"

Or;  "You spent how much of my Catnip allowance on this stuff?"

GEM

• Like 3
  • Haha 9

1 minute ago, OneBoot said:

The more I fiddle with mine, the more I'm inclined to agree. Especially the wings, good grief. Painting those will be a bit of an endurance feat lol! I'll weigh him and compare him to Ma'al, because I'm curious.

I think this is going to have to be base coated with an airbrush to save my sanity. Since you already sacrificed your sanity to Ma'al Drakar, I assume that's less of a worry for you. :poke:

• Like 3
  • Haha 11

20 minutes ago, Doug Sundseth said:

Dealing with that amount of mass a turntable arrangement would be almost a necessity and possibly some sort of tilting cradle  or suspension system.

Otherwise the painting would have to be done in short stretches, particularly the detail work just because of muscle fatigue causing loss of fine dexterity.

So, I'm OK with an aprox. 8" dragon.

I'm having difficulty enough with the mass of the base for my Kaladrax.

GEM

• Like 6

32 minutes ago, Chaoswolf said:

20190418_191224.thumb.jpg.c4bc7d4bdcee356d76db1dead52154bf.jpg

My loot has arrived!!

Now, let's see how long I can make myself wait before opening it.:devil:

It's been 4 hours already...

My box arrived at 1:06PM on Wednesday, it is still unopened, ...32 hours and counting. :blues:

• Like 6
  • Confused 6
  • Sad 3

37 minutes ago, Chaoswolf said:

My loot has arrived!!

Now, let's see how long I can make myself wait before opening it.:devil:

It's been 4 hours already...

Being at work doesn't count. ::P:

• Like 1
  • Haha 8