Sign in to follow this  
ladystorm

Reaper Bones 4: Enthusiasm and Commentary Thread

On 4/19/2019 at 9:18 PM, PeterBenjaminParker said:

I mean the Kickstarter updates they do every first and third Friday of the month! This is so far the only one they’ve skipped to my knowledge and I haven’t read anything on Facebook saying they weren’t posting one. Just curious.

As for the Reaper Live, I did watch that yesterday! They did say they thought the train would depart very soon (as in a couple days) so I thought they might address it in an official KS update.

Oh well!

Ah, ok, Lady Storm used to do those, but she has retired and no one else picked them up.

• Like 1
  • Confused 2

11 hours ago, StarFyre said:

Is it easy to cut the roc off the base attach area so we can use a gw flying stand on it?  Hate flying models having their bodies touching a random tree or rock etc.

Sanjay

That’s odd to me. I LOATHE flight stands. Nothing ruins the feel of a mini for me more than a giant rod up the ****.

I’ve been trying to figure out how I will mount the dragon turtle so I can ditch the post. I’m thinking I will make an entirely new base and use the treasure pile as terrain / an objective marker.

Edited by vulture
  • Like 8

Speaking of both the Roc, and changes from concept art, I noticed that its base has changed. There is more stonework under the bird, and a piece of it has been extended up to support its rear end.

I assume this was done to prevent bending, or other damage from all the weight pulling on the original attachment point, but it makes me more motivated to implement an alternate mounting solution (possibly with brass rod) to see if I can restore the original "barely brushing past the stones in flight" look.

Edited by klarg1
  • Like 9

Out of all the BIG fella's that came in my Box-o-Bones, this one was the one that really surprised me with his scale.. 

1875796845_2019-04-1921_48_20.thumb.jpg.f5127cb3c85a80ce6d91ecaaafb4ff99.jpg

That's DHL 03335 in front of him and that guy is TINY next to the snek!  I love it!! :)

• Like 13
  • Thanks 2

37 minutes ago, Maredudd said:

Hi Folks!

Looking at the Dragon Turtle and have a question but first I want to note that I have the clear ‘swim’ stand.

For my question, does everyone else’s  turtle have a ridge-point ‘broken’? It would be on the port side, second ridge from the edge, just aft of the midsection.

The turtle pieces are a little loose for a dry-fit, but the do fo together otherwise. The base is ok but at least one piece  was a tough fit.

Addendum: I’ve mostly convinced myself that it’s intentional and represents damage taken by the turtle as it aged.

Yup, I believe it is intentional

20190419_230532.thumb.jpg.4d7c39f6ac966f6e919670e82d80eddf.jpg

• Like 11

2 minutes ago, eldamir said:

Out of all the BIG fella's that came in my Box-o-Bones, this one was the one that really surprised me with his scale.. 

That's DHL 03335 in front of him and that guy is TINY next to the snek!  I love it!! :)

Well, it's a snek, it's going to have scales...

Oh wait, the SIZE. :lol: Yes, I was quite happy myself, especially since I got two of them, one to paint as stone, the other as realistic

• Like 7
  • Haha 11

6 minutes ago, Argentee said:

Well, it's a snek, it's going to have scales...

Oh wait, the SIZE. :lol: Yes, I was quite happy myself, especially since I got two of them, one to paint as stone, the other as realistic

So many things I wish I had gotten duplicates of as I sort through the box... 

(And yes, the scale reference was intentional :blues:)

• Like 7
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 2

Out of everything I didn't get, that snek is the one thing I really regret. I went back and forth so many times, but settled on "we've got SO MANY big minis now, and how likely is that to see play at the game table?" 

I shall wait patiently for retail. :) Hopefully that one won't be too difficult to package and will therefore come out soon-ish, it's pretty much just one solid piece. 

Huzzah! 

--OneBoot :D

• Like 9

I just primed mine a few hours ago, next to Kaladrax. It is really amazing how much detail got into the zombie dragon, which is missing on Kally. Kally is great but... wow if she'd been made now? The zombie dragon's quality knocks Kally on her tail. Kally will still look great due to size. The zombie dragon will look much more small-scary, due to the detailing. 

• Like 9

2 minutes ago, Cyradis said:

I just primed mine a few hours ago, next to Kaladrax. It is really amazing how much detail got into the zombie dragon, which is missing on Kally. Kally is great but... wow if she'd been made now? The zombie dragon's quality knocks Kally on her tail. Kally will still look great due to size. The zombie dragon will look much more small-scary, due to the detailing. 

i dunno if that' sa fair comparison though, Kally is a skeleton. It'd be fairer to judge her next to the new skeletal dragon =P

but on terms of zombie dragons, i think the new zombie dragon beats out Nethyrmaul in terms of detail for sure

• Like 9
  • Confused 1

Spent this evening glueing my fingers together partially assembling the Stygian Barge. Two things are giving me trouble

On one of the sprues has a looped bit of rope, that I think is supposed to be fouled around the anchor. Somehow? Maybe? I can't get it to attach right.

7BAD3EB6-35DE-4B36-B814-68A2725559B5.jpeg

There are two sprues of flat bits? Not seeing anything like them in the models or pics online, so have no idea what they are, or if I should worry that I'm missing a bit?

C8AC8008-996E-4798-8465-2B2CF994B88C.jpeg

Edited by Argentee
  • Like 5
  • Haha 1

I disagree. Kally has a lot of flesh still left on her. She's more of a longer-decayed zombie dragon to me. I'll be using her as a dracolich personally. 

• Like 4