• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

5 minutes ago, Sirithiliel said:

glad you got a picture of the feet, those raptor details are so soft

Your poor carno! Here is mine beside his pewter brother

03F7A216-1FDE-4B37-B2B0-4480A1A61B61.jpeg

Thanks Siri, good to know they are suppose to have hands.

• Like 5
  • Haha 2

Looks like they're switching over to the new site now, or at least testing it live for a bit. Check it out.

Just now, StarFyre said:

So wait.  Some of the bones models have the proper detail, some don't?

Sanjay

If they didn't get the plastic far enough in the mold you can certainly lose detail. They made thousands of these things, some are bound to not come out right.

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1

my shipment gets here Wed, looks like i'm going to have to closely inspect the Lost Valley expansion.

so far what i've read to look out for:

carnotaurus  had issues

elephant man tusk being broken

Was there anything else in that set that has had major issues?

Also other then fit issues has there been any major problems with the Fan Fav expansion or Core set? Only other thing i know of happening is mixing up of the paint sets and amazon statues having heads boxed with wrong body's

• Like 3

I never looked closely at my dinos because they are a very low priority for me. I also haven't checked the fit on a lot of the multipart ones. Seeing some of these pics makes me think I should maybe be doing a closer look at them.

• Like 7

9 hours ago, Chaoswolf said:

It's not even that good of a snarling expression and the pose doesn't match the facial expression, IMO.

A quick google search of snarling wolves shows 70-75% of the first dozen results with open mouths. A fair number of those same pictures also show the wolf with it's ears laid back (which can either be fear or aggression depending on other ques from the animals body language).

Wolves don't generally walk along snarling like the guy in the picture here. If it's snarling, it's signaling it's intent to fight if necessary. The pose should be more tense, all four paws on the ground, with the body either set to lunge in attack, or to try and run away.

The Wolf is probably my biggest dissapointment, somebody sculpted this thing without looking at real wolves, the concept art was much better and promising.

When they made changes to the Frost Giant girls, I wasn't that pleased with them, but I kept thinking about that cool wolf, it was my main reason for getting this set.

One set for the bay of evil I guess.

4 hours ago, Fnordlover said:

I want to say this is a great idea, but I distinctly remember them whipping out Argent on Reaper Live and he was 12 inches tall. They said it was 3d printed, but were still implying that that was what the finished product would be. I think Bones 5 will be a $1 backing, in case anything turns out to be worth risking losing my damaged faith.

This is my first thought as well.

However even then you can't always be certain, the detail on the raptor's claws, the changes on Yaga's hut, the  shrinking of Argent, the change of the Wolf, all of these were all only seen after delivery.

So yes, a 1$ pledge giving access to the pledge manager will give some more certainty about it, but it won't cover all.

For that one should wait for retail.

All in all I think the value of a kickstarter like this is still too good to pass up.

I only hope our Reaper friends will learn to communicate a bit better about upcoming changes and reasons why.

The communicaton part is lacking, and not just with the KS, they changed their site making some people's store accounts invalid, I would like to know if my account got deleted from a store instead of thinking that the problem was on my part or maybe somebody hacked my account ?

Communicate!!!

• Like 12

Wow 10 pages go so fast here!

On 4/19/2019 at 10:48 PM, OneBoot said:

Out of everything I didn't get, that snek is the one thing I really regret. I went back and forth so many times, but settled on "we've got SO MANY big minis now, and how likely is that to see play at the game table?" 

I shall wait patiently for retail. :) Hopefully that one won't be too difficult to package and will therefore come out soon-ish, it's pretty much just one solid piece. 

Huzzah! 

--OneBoot :D

The snake and eagle are amazing, but we had the same thoughts. :) 

On 4/19/2019 at 10:49 PM, Sirithiliel said:

ah man this zombie dragon is a great sculpt

i think i want to take this one to ReaperCon

I love seeing your dragons! I hope you bring this one for sure!

• Like 5

5 minutes ago, Ratmaster2000 said:

Well if anyone is really that unhappy with the frost giants or [insert your mini] ...you know...:rock:

Send them to @Ratmaster2000, he'll take very good care of them. They'll go in his nest and create joy for the ratlings. :poke:

• Like 7

1 hour ago, Glitterwolf said:

The Wolf is probably my biggest dissapointment, somebody sculpted this thing without looking at real wolves, the concept art was much better and promising.

When they made changes to the Frost Giant girls, I wasn't that pleased with them, but I kept thinking about that cool wolf, it was my main reason for getting this set.

One set for the bay of evil I guess.

This is my first thought as well.

However even then you can't always be certain, the detail on the raptor's claws, the changes on Yaga's hut, the  shrinking of Argent, the change of the Wolf, all of these were all only seen after delivery.

So yes, a 1$ pledge giving access to the pledge manager will give some more certainty about it, but it won't cover all.

For that one should wait for retail.

All in all I think the value of a kickstarter like this is still too good to pass up.

I only hope our Reaper friends will learn to communicate a bit better about upcoming changes and reasons why.

The communicaton part is lacking, and not just with the KS, they changed their site making some people's store accounts invalid, I would like to know if my account got deleted from a store instead of thinking that the problem was on my part or maybe somebody hacked my account ?

Communicate!!!

The core set is an incredible bargain. You can easily just trade or sell it once it arrives if for some reason you don't want more mninis (a concept I don't understand).

• Like 8