Reaper Bones 4: Enthusiasm and Commentary Thread

ladystorm

Overall I'm very happy with the kickstarter. 

Two of my minor frustrations are the way they choose to mold things, though this may have been the final production team in China rather than Reaper. I don't really know how all that works. 

A number of figures attach to the sprues in unfortunate places. Rather than connecting to the sprue in an unseen place like an assembly point, they connect right in the middle of hair, a detailed piece of armor, etc. It can mostly be fixed, but it's a shame. 

The baseless figures like the thunderfoot carry their Reaper copyright stamp right on the underside of the model. Again, it can mostly be dealt with, but argh.

• Like 7

• Replies 18.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Reaper will not release a list of their customers. That would open up a whole bunch of potential problems.

They are currently shipping wave 8. If you are in an earlier wave and ordered any of the Trio of the Damned, then there is a chance that they ran out before getting to you, which means they'll ship your stuff when they get the last of the stock in. If you don't have any of the TotD you should check your spam folder for shipping info that might be there. If neither of those conditions apply you should email them. Be sure to tell them your info from the pledge manager so they can identify your order easily.

• Like 7

Just now, Fnordlover said:

Reaper will not release a list of their customers. That would open up a whole bunch of potential problems.

They don't need to list names.. they can list them by Order number.. and those who have paid could check their order number fom the list.
order number has no reference to anyone but the owner and reaper.

And yeah i don't have the TOTD. so..i emailed reaper.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Chris Palmer said:

Just look at those face details, Bones haters.  :lol:

She has friggin' eyelids and brows!  (Not to mention 2 wee hedgehogs! ::):)

fullsizeoutput_4730.jpeg

She's awesome! What is she holding up in her right hand?

• Like 6

5 hours ago, Kro said:

I really, really, love the crab from the dire beasts section of the core set. 

20190421_092043.thumb.jpg.a65d26eb55fb6d31bb1a90a4e9b2637c.jpg

Those look great. I hope I pledged for them.  

Feeling irritated rather than enthused today.  A gamer friend here in town that I know has received his MULTIPLE sets of Bones4 and is crowing about them all over FB, while two friends and I were sitting together last night  wondering when we'll get our SINGLE pledges for the trio of doom.   We could have used the crabs in the scenario we were playing last night.  Probably not going to receive my Bones until after the campaign ends. 

• Like 1
  • Sad 13

1 minute ago, Inarah said:

Those look great. I hope I pledged for them.  

Feeling irritated rather than enthused today.  A gamer friend here in town that I know has received his MULTIPLE sets of Bones4 and is crowing about them all over FB, while two friends and I were sitting together last night  wondering when we'll get our SINGLE pledges for the trio of doom.   We could have used the crabs in the scenario we were playing last night.  Probably not going to receive my Bones until after the campaign ends. 

Sorry to hear that. It really sucks how this worked out.

• Like 7

Mom loved her set of Rocky, though she is now threatening to paint them pastel colors since I handed them over on easter. ::P: I told her whatever makes her happy!

Core set inventoried and complete without issues. Other than my gluing my fingers together. Again.

• Like 7
  • Haha 9

9 hours ago, Jason Zavoda said:

The problem with people doing the $1 pledge to add later is the screw the stretch reward totals. I don't know if there is truly any heft to the dollar amount of orders post kickstarter but if there is it means less bang for the buck for the core set and potentially the availability of add-ons offered as incentive rewards. Bid early, bid often, push those stretch goals.

The problem being you have two different perspectives on the project.

Those who go all in want everyone else to do the same because they want MOOAAARRR! stuff.

Those who put in $1 as a marker are indicating interest, but not overwhelming excitement.  That interest is tempered by caution.  The experience of many, [myself included and I haven't even received my items yet] has prompted this as a response.

The problems caused by lack of effective communication are legion, with this project illustrating some of the long term effects of this breakdown [are you paying attention Reaper?], effects which are difficult and time [which translates into extra money needing to be spent] in order to mitigate the damages.

This is something I have been lecturing people on for several decades, not just in business but also in social organizations.

GEM

8 hours ago, Chaoswolf said:

I was kind of wondering if the difference was digital vs hand sculpting, too.

Yup, saw it right away.::):

Put 'em in the Box of Goodwill!:winkthumbs:

Totally up to you of course, but I like seeing them.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Concerning the current round of complaining (Yes, I know I participated; my sincerest apologies for that):

Why don't you knock it off with them negative waves? Why don't you dig how beautiful it is out here? Why don't you say something righteous and hopeful for a change?

(cookie if you recognize it)

So, what did you like/are super happy about?

Oddball?

Is that you?

GEM

• Like 5
  • Thanks 3