Sign in to follow this  
ladystorm

Reaper Bones 4: Enthusiasm and Commentary Thread

Just now, Weird-O said:

Me, I'm just happy that they're wearing reasonable amounts of clothing for their climate, as opposed to exposed midriffs/cleavage or battle bikinis.

that is nice, that they kept that much of the concept art

i was just stating why people were upset at the changes, minimal as they were. These giantesses were presented because people were asking for armored female giants that weren't excessively endowed. It was a fan request that they presented as reality, only to not deliver what was asked for. If that explains things

• Like 1
  • Thanks 4

13 minutes ago, Sirithiliel said:

that is nice, that they kept that much of the concept art

i was just stating why people were upset at the changes, minimal as they were. These giantesses were presented because people were asking for armored female giants that weren't excessively endowed. It was a fan request that they presented as reality, only to not deliver what was asked for. If that explains things

Just a note for GMs looking for potential scenarios for these fine ladies, check the Prose Edda, stories of Skadi and Gerd. Available free at Project Gutenberg

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

Finished the inventory on my Dreadmere expansion. All good no issues. So Yay!

Onto the addons!

• Like 14

50 minutes ago, ttuckerman said:

I have completed assembly!  Pictures tomorrow.  And if you put Argent on a 4" base it will be over 12" and look mal in the eye.  Without Mal's extra heads they are about the same mass.  Argent's wings blow Mal's away.

Most of the bases are described by mm (IE 50mm,65mm), what would a 4" base be? 

• Like 3

1 minute ago, Ratmaster2000 said:

A 4" base would be about 100mm.

• Like 4

14 minutes ago, CorallineAlgae said:

A 4" base would be about 100mm.

Thanks, I actually ordered some of those and some 130/160 as well:) I'll have to see how he'll look:) I may still consider making them bookends with some trophy marble:)

• Like 4

18 minutes ago, Ratmaster2000 said:

There is approximately 25mm in an inch.

• Like 4

Order arrived several hours ago, just started to get into it. Disappointed no accidental large doubles (last time I got an extra sandworm). I did notice one issue with the Anhurian Calvary From the Fan Favorties. His Pole arm is...really really wrong. Not like its the wrong hand or bent. More mangled corpse arm. Would someone from Reaper like to explain what happened.... I am very confused

20190422_181157.jpg

• Like 3
  • Confused 3
  • Sad 2

59 minutes ago, Kroas said:

Order arrived several hours ago, just started to get into it. Disappointed no accidental large doubles (last time I got an extra sandworm). I did notice one issue with the Anhurian Calvary From the Fan Favorties. His Pole arm is...really really wrong. Not like its the wrong hand or bent. More mangled corpse arm. Would someone from Reaper like to explain what happened.... I am very confused

20190422_181157.jpg

Had a run-in with his opponent and broke his arm? 

Probably just bent and a boil-n-cool will fix it. 

• Like 5

18 minutes ago, Cyradis said:

I can't tell from the picture, but it might be mis-glued. 

• Like 6

Now the race is on, who will be in their warehouse first, the EU container or the mysterious last container?

• Like 8
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, Cyradis said:

Looks worse than that, like his arm is misshapen from a mold issue. I would recommend contacting Reaper about it.

• Like 7

10 hours ago, Disciple of Sakura said:

I am feeling a strong urge to paint Mossbeard ASAP.

Trust the fork, Luce! :lol:

For the turtle, you could suspend it from something. For a similar project, someone suggested magnets (eg. repelling). Not sure of that one. Or install rockets into the legs and have it swoosh about the room, assuming you have a 15mm boy to accompany it. :upside:

4 hours ago, Kroas said:

More mangled corpse arm.

I had that problem as well, and I think mine was unassembled. ::(:

Is everyone else's version okay?

Edited by ced1106
  • Like 4

Finished going through my addons, well except for the barge which because of the lack of instructions and having so many parts, I won’t know if anything is missing until I actually try to assemble it.

Babas hut has a broken rear talon on one leg. I’ve noticed this earlier. Not a big thing.

The only items I had missing from the addons were a pair of barrels from the Modern Scenics set.

They come two to a sprue. The photo on the kickstarter shows six barrels. I only have 4.

• Like 6

Does anyone have a decent pic of the Ghost Pirates?

And of the Barge's crew?

• Like 2