Reaper Bones 4: Enthusiasm and Commentary Thread

13 hours ago, Sylverthorne said:

... well, now I wanna stick elf-ears on her and paint her to look like Leetah. >.>

Or Rayla, if you give her some horns as well...

11 hours ago, Weird-O said:

Me, I'm just happy that they're wearing reasonable amounts of clothing for their climate, as opposed to exposed midriffs/cleavage or battle bikinis.

Frost giants are immune to cold, though. They could run around naked and not be impacted by the temperature.

• Like 11
  • Replies 18.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

What would you say is the best glue for bones black? I haven't heard anyone say anything about changing glues yet, hopefully normal superglue will still be the best.

Thanks!

• Like 4
1 minute ago, Btass said:

What would you say is the best glue for bones black? I haven't heard anyone say anything about changing glues yet, hopefully normal superglue will still be the best.

Thanks!

On ReaperLive Ed said Loctite Gel superglue.

• Like 5
1 hour ago, Glitterwolf said:

Does anyone have a decent pic of the Ghost Pirates?

And of the Barge's crew?

No barge, however, here's my pirates:

730702460_ghostpirates.thumb.jpg.6d53de3945e74272f1aebb3609a9eb03.jpg

11 minutes ago, Btass said:

Thanks!

9 minutes ago, Darsc Zacal said:

On ReaperLive Ed said Loctite Gel superglue.

I can confirm, on the frost giants and their wolf, it seems to have worked fine.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1
4 minutes ago, Ratmaster2000 said:

No barge, however, here's my pirates:

730702460_ghostpirates.thumb.jpg.6d53de3945e74272f1aebb3609a9eb03.jpg

I can confirm, on the frost giants and their wolf, it seems to have worked fine.

Thanks, 

Hm, could be the pics, but are these so low on detail?

• Like 2
13 hours ago, Xiwo Xerase said:

The painted example of the metal version has her middle finger on top of her ring finger on her left hand.  No idea about her right hand.  I don't own the metal version so I can't check myself.

Good catch! It looks like both hands are the same, it's just her finger positions. Maybe she is finger-tutting.

12 hours ago, Sirithiliel said:

the biggest changes, and the changes a lot of people were upset about, was giving them much much bigger breasts instead of having them covered in armor and looking more warrior like

if you compare your mini pics to the concept art, you will see that both had armor removed so that big busts could be put in

a lot of people (myself included), liked these minis because they weren''t overly feminine with big busts like 99% of all other female  minis, so when they were changed to match other female minis, a lot of us were disappointed because one of the drawing points for us to this set was that they looked more warrior and less feminine while still being females. I'm mostly sad that they lost chest armor in order to have busts put in, it was nice that some female minis FINALLY had armored chests and busts minimally on display like true warriors would

and then it was changed. And that is why people were upset, because we asked for properly armored warrior female giants, and were shown properly armored warrior female giants, and then were given female giants with armor removed to make way for busts, which was a literal opposite as to WHY these  minis were requested and desired in the first place. It was asked to get this thing, and then we were given the opposite after paying for them

I do like the new giants. But I LOVED the concept art giants.

• Like 5
1 minute ago, Glitterwolf said:

Thanks, 

Hm, could be the pics, but are these so low on detail?

No - they're pretty high in detail. It's just always difficult to see any detail on the transparents.

----

I want to try to modify my frost giantess's wolf to look like the concept art, but I've never modded a figure to that extent, and I still do like the sculpt. *pokes wolf* It's not a bad sculpt, just not as awesome as the concept art. I think it would be a relatively easy mod, though...

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

Up to wave 10 now. INVICTUS!!

Out of the night that covers me,  
  Black as the Pit from pole to pole,  
I thank whatever gods may be  
  For my unconquerable soul.  

In the fell clutch of circumstance
  I have not winced nor cried aloud.  
Under the bludgeonings of chance  
  My head is bloody, but unbowed.  

Beyond this place of wrath and tears  
  Looms but the Horror of the shade,
And yet the menace of the years  
  Finds, and shall find, me unafraid.  

It matters not how strait the gate,  
  How charged with punishments the scroll,  
I am the master of my fate:
  I am the captain of my soul.

Edited by Skallabjorn
  • Like 8

Now that I've inventoried everything, and even started painting my first mini... I need to actually store them somewhere. My bride's patience for having a giant box of bones next to the dining room table will expire soon...:unsure:

• Like 15