Reaper Bones 4: Enthusiasm and Commentary Thread

7 minutes ago, Ratmaster2000 said:

They said a few "reaper live" episodes ago the name just sounded COOLER then bones gray

Exactly.

Death Metal.

• "There's something about this that's so black, it's like how much more black could this be? And the answer is none. None more black." -- Nigel Tufnel
Edited by Doug Sundseth
  • Like 2
  • Haha 11
  • Replies 18.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

IMO Reaper has always had a communication/PR problem due to the way that they choose to structure the dissemination of information. ie. We can't post an update because it's not update day. We can't gi

So I'm later than I had hoped to be.  I have content for this week, but let's pick the second January update (fourth Friday 1/25/19) Content. Five options.  Use the Like this post options to cast

Survey Time!   I'm going to let yall have a wee bit of input on the next Expansion Pack I feature for the updates. I have parameters I have to follow, so it isn't super open for yall to

Posted Images

20 minutes ago, Cyradis said:

The owlbear freebie was the first Bones Black figure released. 

It might sound cooling, but it is super confusing when they make everything gray. If the regular Bones were staying white, then the gray looks darker, and can be dubbed Black Enough. Now... 

They lack contrast. Yep. Went there. No contrast. They need to get their naming and their coloring schemes to have contrast! 

Reaper explained it on ReaperLive. The reason the normal Bones and new BB figures are pretty much the same color in the Kickstarter is because they haddn't decided on what shade the new line would be when production started. They decided on the official Bones Black color late in the process, after some trial runs. Bones will be light grey, and Bones Black will be much darker grey. They will look distinct once they have sold all the extra Kickstarter BB stock and get replacement runs for the new line. It'll take a while, but it'll be sorted eventually.

20 minutes ago, Cyradis said:

Edited by CorallineAlgae
Stupid double post >:(
  • Like 9
8 minutes ago, CorallineAlgae said:

Reaper explained it on ReaperLive. The reason the normal Bones and new BB figures are pretty much the same color in the Kickstarter is because they haddn't decided on what shade the new line would be when production started. They decided on the official Bones Black color late in the process, after some trial runs. Bones will be light grey, and Bones Black will be much darker grey. They will look distinct once they have sold all the extra Kickstarter BB stock and get replacement runs for the new line. It'll take a while, but it'll be sorted eventually.

Ah yes. Videos so long that I wait for all of you to regurgitate the good parts for me.

So to interpret for the analogy: they used the same base coat on both types and will get to shading them later ::P:

• Like 7
  • Thanks 1
38 minutes ago, Doug Sundseth said:

Exactly.

Death Metal.

• "There's something about this that's so black, it's like how much more black could this be? And the answer is none. None more black." -- Nigel Tufnel

Personally, I think they look better in Dobly! And just need to make sure we keep the dwarfs away from the baba yaga err stonehenge scenery:)

Honestly, have you NOT seen my tagline:)

11 minutes ago, animesensei said:

Does Stynylrez adhere better than liner?  Or is liner still the best option for priming?

Not sure about liner, but compared to black primer reaper bottle, it is easier (not sure about better adhesion, but the stynylrez sure seems to adhere pretty good)

• Like 2
  • Haha 4
1 hour ago, animesensei said:

Does Stynylrez adhere better than liner?  Or is liner still the best option for priming?

Unclear. That would take the kind of testing that @Wren did with the Brown Liner, and I don't know of anyone who has done that. Works well for me, though, and it's cheaper in the kind of volume you need for a Bones Kickstarter project.

24 minutes ago, PaganMegan said:

Because Bones Dark White would have been MORE confusing. :;,;:

I would definitely buy Bones* Dark Whyte.

* I'm offended that I can't use an alt code to get o-macron. Offended, I say! :grr:

• Like 1
  • Haha 8
18 hours ago, Nunae said:

The ghost pirates looked really good in a video I saw. But taking pictures of them it always looks like a green mess. I'm sure all these models will be fine with paint or at least a wash.

On another note: why are ghosts green in the Bones line? Why not grey, white, clear, or idk, blue? Are green ghosts an American thing?

I have no proof of this, it's just my assumption, but: in a lot of classic folklore things like will-o-wisps were pale green. And I'd assume that's the case because a fair amount of natural phosphorescence is green. And glow in the dark is just creepy. 

Also, Steven King made his ghost lights green, and his stuff was a huge impact on horror culture.

• Like 12