Reaper Bones 4: Enthusiasm and Commentary Thread

ladystorm

3 hours ago, Peacemonger said:

Favorite Mini: Dragon Turtle. That's going to be a fun one to paint, play games with, and just have on display.

Least Favorite: Probably the three crystals in Dark Reach. Not bad, just that they're... small crystals. Perhaps that should be a challenge to paint them in a way to make them more interesting? Add runic symbols?

Anyways, hope this is helpful to some people. Overall very happy with the purchase.

Welcome to the forums!

Y'know, I think your least favorites are pretty well placed. For a similar cost as to what these will be in retail, I can get amethyst chips. Actual amethyst. Except these wouldn't be. They *might* be able to sortof represent scapolite. 

I agree that the dragon turtle is a masterpiece. He's brilliantly sculpted, he's interesting, and he'll be fun to paint. 

• Like 8

• Replies 18.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I think my bones are at my house! I'm at work! 

I called the GBO, and he says, "oh, I just left the house. There was a package at the door, so I just stuck it inside. It didn't have Amazon tape, it was weird." 

Hahaha! 

Also,  :blink:. Can't wait to check it out! 

• Like 9
  • Haha 10

Got my bones today.  First walk through showed my two headed troll had two right hand for the rock and I am missing the lower jaw of one of the spicky frogs in dreadmere.  They also missed my Dance of Death.  Was the toothy mouth monster (415 Dreadmere) suppose to have a base?

• Like 3

My husband and I didn't get the sci for expanaion., And going back through the let's explore updates I couldn't find that one. Was there one and I'm just missing it?

And if not did anyone get it and mind posting some photos? I want to drool over what we missed.

• Like 4

A lot of the monsters with 4+ legs don't have bases. I'm not at home to check, but I don't think that one did. 

For almost all of the monsters that have bases you can see the attachment points on their feet. If they don't have them, it's a good bet they don't come with a base. 

• Like 4

2 hours ago, farrout000 said:

Got my bones today.  First walk through showed my two headed troll had two right hand for the rock and I am missing the lower jaw of one of the spicky frogs in dreadmere.  They also missed my Dance of Death.  Was the toothy mouth monster (415 Dreadmere) suppose to have a base?

My two headed troll had three right hands (2 for the rock and 1 for battering ham), sadly NO left hands. Have to wait till all bones are fulfilled:( Hope I get the replacement soon, I SO wanted to make my battering ham troll:) Both my frogs had (as far as I remember) their lower jaws. One with a closed mouth and one with tongue out. I'll look again ( Dreadmere will be my second in depth expansion review, hopefully end of next week:) They said on reaper live #28, that #415 had no base because the STL files were sent instead of the master sculpt and the STL file had no base:( Just use one of the ones from the core set we got for free:) I actually do not have that mini anymore, so it will not be shown on the review:(

1 hour ago, Thes Hunter said:

My husband and I didn't get the sci for expanaion., And going back through the let's explore updates I couldn't find that one. Was there one and I'm just missing it?

And if not did anyone get it and mind posting some photos? I want to drool over what we missed.

updates #91 (box art) and #98 are the only ones I found. I will be doing an in depth review of every expansion soon and Chronoscope was the #1 vote, so hopefully by mid-week now that life has calmed down. I will try and break out the box and take a few group shots:)

1 hour ago, Pineapple said:

A lot of the monsters with 4+ legs don't have bases. I'm not at home to check, but I don't think that one did. 

For almost all of the monsters that have bases you can see the attachment points on their feet. If they don't have them, it's a good bet they don't come with a base. 

The Triceratops (Thunderfoot?) also did not come with a base, even though the kickstarter page showed one. Unlike the T-Rex, the triceratops ended up not needed a base because it stood on it's own, so they did away with the base:(

1 hour ago, Carbivore said:

Just wanted to share my favourite mini... hehe

20190426_222800.jpg

Yup, was my favorite too:)

480566365_hillgiantsprue.thumb.jpg.62d304e5ce68f93d2cacaa8137225c56.jpg

• Like 8
  • Thanks 1