Reaper Bones 4: Enthusiasm and Commentary Thread

ladystorm

37 minutes ago, Jason Zavoda said:

5  bottles of locktite down and Im just about finished with assembly. The Frost Giant Raiders come almost fully assembled shipped. Very strange since the Fire Giant Huntsman is in a lot of pieces. The little guys are the hardest work for me to put together. I dropped one guys leg and still havent found it. I will start some painting today. I hope everyone gets their Bones soon. Im not frequent on these forums so I probably won't be back till Bones 5 begins. Take care and have fun with your Bones.

I discovered how handy it is that my hobby table is on wheels when I kept dropping heads and arms under it.

• Like 7

• Replies 18.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

33 minutes ago, Pineapple said:

I discovered how handy it is that my hobby table is on wheels when I kept dropping heads and arms under it.

Yeah, but there isn't much you can do about all that blood.... Oh, wait, what hobby?

The Auld Grump - I wonder if Sweeney Todd is going to play locally, any time soon....

*EDIT* Ticker is chugging along - someone's pledge just headed out on the Santa Ana winds.... ::D: (Way out here, they have a name for wind and rain and fire. The rain is Tess, the fire's Joe, and they call the wind Maria....)

*EDIT 2* And now Fall Church - which I just saw last night in Fallout 3.... Hope it gets past the Super Mutants. ::P:

Edited by TheAuldGrump
  • Haha 12

Wow. The townspeople from the core set where just what I needed to break my slump. I don't feel like they have to be perfect, making them great for 1-day paints. The friar from the set I painted with little effort up to a low display, tabletop+. I am gonna continue with them for a little while...I never expected to actually like them this much. I also got 2 dreadmeres - so I can extend the practice out to those townspeople too!

And just realized that the dawnspeople from Lost Valley can also be treated like townspeople...yay! More practice! 

Now to see if I can do 1/day to tabletop+ or display. 

• Like 18
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Paradoxical Mouse said:

Wow. The townspeople from the core set where just what I needed to break my slump. I don't feel like they have to be perfect, making them great for 1-day paints. The friar from the set I painted with little effort up to a low display, tabletop+. I am gonna continue with them for a little while...I never expected to actually like them this much. I also got 2 dreadmeres - so I can extend the practice out to those townspeople too!

And just realized that the dawnspeople from Lost Valley can also be treated like townspeople...yay! More practice! 

Now to see if I can do 1/day to tabletop+ or display. 

I'm using the towns people in the same way to get back into a painting groove.

• Like 6

4 hours ago, Pineapple said:

I just finished up the barge !! which was the last of all my gluing ( I had 1 of each but left most wings and that globe unglued) When i was putting the barge away I knocked over the mammouth and broke a tusk... So Now I have tusk under my desk... he actually looks tough with it broken. i may not fix.

AJ    

• Like 6

10 minutes ago, amuller33 said:

I just finished up the barge !! which was the last of all my gluing ( I had 1 of each but left most wings and that globe unglued) When i was putting the barge away I knocked over the mammouth and broke a tusk... So Now I have tusk under my desk... he actually looks tough with it broken. i may not fix.

You could always drill out the end of the broken tusk and put it on the Blackfoot Terror's base. That way the mammoth can tell all his friends he lost his tusk in an epic dino battle, instead of admitting it broke off when an unarmed human knocked him over. Think of his pride. :rolleyes:

• Like 5
  • Haha 17

28 minutes ago, amuller33 said:

AJ    

Do people glue everything together even if they don't plan to paint it right away?  I glued the little stuff to make sure I had all the pieces, but Blacksting, skeletal dragon, everything with a wing span or large in general I left unassembled.  I mean it packs easier rather then taking up all that space on a shelf for a year until I get around to painting it.  I dry fit everything it course to make sure I wasn't missing anything.

• Like 4

Just now, farrout000 said:

Do people glue everything together even if they don't plan to paint it right away?  I glued the little stuff to make sure I had all the pieces, but Blacksting, skeletal dragon, everything with a wing span or large in general I left unassembled.  I mean it packs easier rather then taking up all that space on a shelf for a year until I get around to painting it.  I dry fit everything it course to make sure I wasn't missing anything.

It's a matter of personal preference, honestly. I usually don't glue things together until I'm getting ready to paint.

• Like 5