Sign in to follow this  
ladystorm

Reaper Bones 4: Enthusiasm and Commentary Thread

21 minutes ago, Kroas said:

I need some confirmation help of possible issues before submitting my list to Reaper. So feedback will be appreciated.

Core

Pathfinder Iconics 144 - Noticed the cape/robe rear is not smooth, lined or something. Is this intended?

Dreadmere Expansion

405 - unfinished hole by elbow on left arm. Appears as a distinct different grey than the model.

Darkreach

522 Bloodstone Gnome Bodyguard - Mask does not look like it will go anywhere on the face

523 Stone Lurker - Face does not fit the body completely, will I just need to heat it up and reposition?

539 Deep Gnome Cleric - Empty slot on back of mini.

545 Dark Elf Queen on Throne - Back of Throne  and throne do not line up, similar issue as Stone Lurker, need heat and reposition?

Fan Favorites

Anhurian Calvary - Right arm looking like he lost Mortal Kombat against lava

Thrasher Snail - Shell parts and base mini do not line up properly. Fix with head and reposition or green stuff?

Female Efretti - .....Reaper going to make a vid of how to get that head it???

Bards Dog - Similar to Dreadmere mini mentioned, unfinished hole at back of dog....there is no painting that one......its a green stuff job...and awkward....

@KroasCannot help on the others, but I did a video on efretti:

https://youtu.be/_WS0wsTG5do

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1

does anyone have a pic of the bones 4 stone giants beside the nolzurs stone giant? want to see the size difference.

Regards,

Sanjay

• Like 2

Finished going through 26 pounds of miniatures to find I was missing one figure from Dreadmere, an arm from a Fan Favorites figure, and a shield arm from the Core set. I'll message Reaper tomorrow but now it's late and my bed is calling.

Oddly enough I did get both sets of the paint without any "real" issues. However the boxes were completely swapped paint A was in box B and vice versa (which is even odder considering each set comes in two boxes).

• Like 5

8 hours ago, Darsc Zacal said:

My hobby budget has been tight lately but I did have enough left on a Christmas gift card to get a couple of the WizKids giants today.

Shown below from left to right; WIzKids Stone Giant,  Reaper Bones 4 Stone Giant, Sir Forscale, Wizkids Cloud Giant.

EBF21B81-CBC2-410B-9D97-FECD23C29B88.thumb.jpeg.d0dadaead8aeac70c7e6d06686d08581.jpeg

And a close up of the Stone Giants, even though Reapers refused to look at the camera.

303E8766-D3BA-45F4-AD22-510A3384E704.thumb.jpeg.1007a57a9124a5346148c9c16263e56c.jpeg

The Wizkids Stone G is bigger than Reapers, but not as much as I thought it would be.

The Cloud Giant towers over the two, but I don’t like the sculpt as much as what Reaper has coming out for theirs. 

However since I figure those are likely about two years away this will fill the role nicely for now.

They also had the hill giant, but I really don’t like his styling.

And sorry Smokestack, they had the new dragons there but I didn’t have the budget for them. I thought they were a decent size.

11 minutes ago, StarFyre said:

does anyone have a pic of the bones 4 stone giants beside the nolzurs stone giant? want to see the size difference.

Regards,

Sanjay

• Like 7

Meant to go to bed but had to organize my new paints, which of course showed me I've almost outgrew my current system.20190504_013725.thumb.jpg.fa9ee3b087c80c1479d83da1a5525b57.jpg

• Like 7
  • Haha 3

My 28 pound box came Friday evening.  Watched hockey playoffs (boo Dallas......) while I looked through the box.  Great easy to spend a night off!

Still need to really look at the items but overall things look in order.  I did come across a couple of figures in Fan Faves that have the same leg (Maggotcrown ogre & the Battle errr Chaos toad with the Wolvie' claws). I say that's great odds so far.

I need to see about the paints as I recall I only ordered the new ones but I have both sets. I totally spaced I ordered Base Boss bases. I guess I was taking advantage of the low prices. Also love that the Nytharlotep's artwork in the art book included the top hat sketch. I'm satisfied now.

I'm reserving my opinion on Argent for later. I did pull him out of the box to see what he looked like assembled but I didn't compare to the Kickstarter page artwork.

• Like 8

1 hour ago, Darsc Zacal said:

thank you.  yeah if the reaper stone giants were totally upright it appears they arent much shorter. thats fine. i wont sell the stone giants then for the wizkids ones :)

got the stuff today.  friend drove across the border to the CBI warehouse in buffalo to pick it up (along with a ton of stuff about 8 of us ordered from amazon.com and shipped there). 

had to work tonight, so cant go through it all. quickly looked at some of the cooler stuff.

1) love the roc. wings are bulky but it looks good which is what matters.

2) the dinosaurs are great! and i got lucky!!! my raptors dont have messed up claws on the hands

3) dragon turtle is stupid good! :)

4) still not happy about argent . its just depressing seeing it next to my other dragons (assembled or unassembled)

5) love the slaad from the fan favourites set.  i was one of the ppl asking for slaad and reaper did it :) wish there were more types but maybe next time :P

regards,

Sanjay

• Like 9

Good morning all, do you think I'm right to assume no EU shipping today, or you reckon they work on a saturday?

• Like 3

I would be surprised if they worked today. Especially with monday being a holiday in the UK, they'll probably have a long weekend planned and won't be back until tuesday.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Nunae said:

I would be surprised if they worked today. Especially with monday being a holiday in the UK, they'll probably have a long weekend planned and won't be back until tuesday.

Ah crud, another day then :) 

• Like 3

So EU seems to have a 2nd container still on the way, estimated arrival may 13th. I hope it arrives on schedule :)

• Like 2

First I heard of a 2nd container. :( *snif* Whyyy couldn't they just be on the same ship. :(

• Like 2

This really makes me hope that all the AU stuff is one the same ship. I wonder if Reaper would say if they were not. They must have known that the EU stuff was not on the same ship a long time ago. 

• Like 1

Here is to hoping my stuff is on the first ship.

I think I once read Matthew Clark posting on facebook about the second EU container also being shipped, but that's the only time I heard of it, so I forgot about it. But if they have enough stuff to work through until the second container arrives it realistically doesn't make a difference. Still sucks though, especially for the ones who drew the short straw and ended up on container two.

• Like 2

Theoretically both containers went on the same ship, but may have got separated at the docks, one got stuck in customs, train or truck to the warehouse got held up. Anything could have happened.   

• Like 5