Sign in to follow this  
ladystorm

Reaper Bones 4: Enthusiasm and Commentary Thread

Someone did a checklist for the core set, can anyone provide me with a link to it? 

• Like 4

16 hours ago, Inarah said:

Is everyone tired of box pictures yet?

I hope not.

2 hours ago, ttuckerman said:

Remember that they have to reset the database and get all the orders that were skipped erroneously.  That will probably push it to Wednesday.

They did say that in the last written update...might wrap up Wednesday. 

As I continue to wait ...patiently... the box has been slowly nudging along the entry hallway, trying to make its way to the hobby room. Here it is helpfully dragging that day’s ordinary mail along with it...

15867680-DC83-4F6E-ABAF-EC17D3AEC402.thumb.jpeg.0865a927f615343f1be5e647c3f3c55e.jpeg

Edited by TGP
  • Like 5
  • Haha 14

371 orders remaining at lunch. Plese, Reaper, give it one last push for the afternoon. PLEEEZE??!! ::):::):::):

Untitled6.png

Edited by Skallabjorn
  • Like 4

5 hours ago, Venun said:

Gefeliciteerd! I hope I get mine soon aswell, passed on the barge myself due to the size, still doubting if I should have xD it's just so awesome with the details, but yet still so large, and how often will it see use?

I really wonder what's going on with it indeed. Abit more info about the second container would be greatly appreciated, hopefully someone at Reaper will update us one of these days.

Danku!
Well the barge is about an arms length, and i doubt if ill use it more then once or twice. But thats the case for most miniatures besides the more generic ones like the goblins. Also charon and the ghosts can be used more often probably. 
good luck with recieving your box!

• Like 5

18 minutes ago, Inarah said:

Someone did a checklist for the core set, can anyone provide me with a link to it? 

This is by Crowley.

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1-R_PQvL1NjlRa5eV2QbJcvtgnvVj5zWdubekxWcECR0/edit#gid=53098465

If you need something more visual, there is this:

https://images.reapermini.com/static/content/bones4/17001.jpg

Hover your mouse over the image and click when the cursor turns into a plus sign to expand the image.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 7

1 hour ago, NomadZeke said:

Question: on the back of the female ruler of hell mini, there's a slot that looks like it's just below her wings...what goes there? Not sure if I'm missing a piece or...
.miniback.thumb.jpg.f81570641fb7db6a0aeec2015eb248f2.jpg

A5A6A237-4EF6-4BEA-9ED8-2DD12C02E9A4.thumb.jpeg.b26c580a4f1a39877a8a8cf14e41d9d3.jpeg

This is the back of the Sword that goes in the L shaped slot. The tab is at the top of the sword.

078C140A-6F69-4054-A5EC-E40AA71F21DD.thumb.jpeg.699487bda848ea2ee7f2810bd4dacd5e.jpeg

078C140A-6F69-4054-A5EC-E40AA71F21DD.thumb.jpeg.699487bda848ea2ee7f2810bd4dacd5e.jpeg

this is the back of her head and the front of the sword that goes in he L slot. 

Hope that makes it clearer 

• Like 7
  • Thanks 1

It seems crazy that they might be done tomorrow. I know it's not but it feels that way.

• Like 6

I've had a chance to go through most of my pledge, there are only a few errors, but I have to ask:

Is this new material the same thing that CMON uses for Massive Darkness/Zombicide/Etc?  It sure feels the same....

• Like 3

:grumble grumble: Stupid UPS left my box sitting in Salt Lake City for three days. How is it supposed to get here before my baby if they just leave it sitting around!? :grumble grumble:

• Like 1
  • Sad 16

7 minutes ago, animesensei said:

Is this new material the same thing that CMON uses for Massive Darkness/Zombicide/Etc?  It sure feels the same....

When you're making plastic figures, you start with the polymer (which was certainly PVC - polymerized vinyl chloride for the original Bones and probably still is with Bones Black, though I'm not privy to inside information). Then you can add colorants (change the tint but not necessarily the opacity), opacifiers (change the opacity but not necessarily the tint), and plasticizers (which change the consistency and glass transition point and can make removing complex figures from molds easier or more difficult).

At least in the case of the original Bones figures, the mix of ingredients changed from figure to figure: hard, soft, clear, translucent, whatever. So far, it kind of looks like there's less variation in the Bones Black figure materials, other than in color and opacity for a few figures.

As to whether it's the same material, there might not be anyone that can say for certain, since the precise mixture of additives is both adjustable and probably proprietary. And there might not be anyone who is privy to the exact composition of both companies' mixes.

• Like 6

33 minutes ago, sinless said:

It seems crazy that they might be done tomorrow. I know it's not but it feels that way.

Tomorrow is not Wednesday... :huh:

Tommorrow the first 2-3 hours will likely burn through the remaining 371 orders. Then the next few hours get devoted to this database reset, and a careful scour through to find anything that was unintentionally skipped. Last bit of the day spent tidying up the shipping area restocking supply levels. Tuesday done, then:

Wednesday ship out all the stragglers. 

Late Wednesday, or maybe Thursday, the wrap party!! :bday:

They said Wednesday. 

N.b: For anyone that moved, or divorced, shipped out, or had some other address kerfuffle Right Now! would be an excellent moment to update that shipping address!!

• Like 4

32 minutes ago, redambrosia said:

:grumble grumble: Stupid UPS left my box sitting in Salt Lake City for three days. How is it supposed to get here before my baby if they just leave it sitting around!? :grumble grumble:

Is it possible that the tracker just hasn't updated?

• Like 4

6 hours ago, Corsair said:

PS, love your tag line...

I always wondered what that meant, but have never asked.

German, I got, Latin(?), nope!

1 hour ago, redambrosia said:

Grump cheated and the package is going to UPS for him to pick up.

We used to have a neighbor that stole packages.

• Like 5

19 hours ago, Inarah said:

Is everyone tired of box pictures yet? 

Nope, not at all. Especially when they have gorgeous cats in them. 

4 hours ago, Nunae said:

Well, they're not sending out stuff today Kuroneko, and we have no idea how much they send out so far. One day seems to have been a test run with only 2 reported notices, and one day they seem to have send out more, going by backer reports. So probably there is still a lot of packages left for them to send out this week. ^_^

I know, I'm just being overly pessimistic due to having terrible luck with parcels lately. Here's hoping that we all get our parcels as soon as possible

• Like 4

57 minutes ago, TGP said:

Tomorrow is not Wednesday... :huh:

Tommorrow the first 2-3 hours will likely burn through the remaining 371 orders. Then the next few hours get devoted to this database reset, and a careful scour through to find anything that was unintentionally skipped. Last bit of the day spent tidying up the shipping area restocking supply levels. Tuesday done, then:

Wednesday ship out all the stragglers. 

Late Wednesday, or maybe Thursday, the wrap party!! :bday:

They said Wednesday. 

N.b: For anyone that moved, or divorced, shipped out, or had some other address kerfuffle Right Now! would be an excellent moment to update that shipping address!!

I know they said Wednesday which is why I was surprised that they had about 1/3 of a days worth of orders on the tracker at the end of today's shipping.

• Like 3