Sign in to follow this  
ladystorm

Reaper Bones 4: Enthusiasm and Commentary Thread

3 hours ago, Ratmaster2000 said:

Vallejo???? It went to Magic Mountain??? Weird!

You're thinking Valencia. Vallejo has Discovery Kingdom. Totally different Six Flags park.

Anyway I got a tracking alert that said my shipment should arrive before 2:30 today and now it's 10 to 6 and it's still not here. :angry:

• Sad 7

Have a gate mark (maybe) on my snake mini.  Really like it otherwise but was wondering if this was just considered normal for the miniature?

IMG_5163.JPG

IMG_5164.JPG

Just got my order! I feel like Bones minis have come a long way from the first castings. It feels like the subtle details are much more visible than they once were.

I got Baba Yaga’s hut, but not my shipping crates, or Giant Raiders. Anyone know if they’re coming in a separate shipment?

• Like 6

Been inventorying...Question for those of you with the Darkreach expansion:. How many of each crystal formation did you receive? 

Thanks!  

Had a few things broken/messed up (all but two easily fixable with CA glue), and a few small things missing (barrels, backpacks for 2 of the  little tool robots).  

Edited by Ottermama
Typo
  • Like 4

2 hours ago, redambrosia said:

My box got delivered after we left. The manager kindly took it to the office for us to pick up when we get back, so they're safe.

Please don't store your new baby with the rest of the miniatures when you're organizing your Bones 4 package. :upside:

• Like 1
  • Haha 12

2 hours ago, Phesic said:

Have a gate mark (maybe) on my snake mini.  Really like it otherwise but was wondering if this was just considered normal for the miniature?

IMG_5163.JPG

IMG_5164.JPG

Mine has one. You're not alone.

Will be fixed with some x-acto work and green stuff.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Muninn said:

Just got my order! I feel like Bones minis have come a long way from the first castings. It feels like the subtle details are much more visible than they once were.

I got Baba Yaga’s hut, but not my shipping crates, or Giant Raiders. Anyone know if they’re coming in a separate shipment?

Should be one delivery. If you are missing product, the email address to use is: [email protected]

This is the information they want in the email:

My apologies for the form letter, but with the large amount of orders being shipped, that also means we have a lot of errors to fix.  I want you to know we are working on getting them fixed as quickly as we can, but due to the large volumes this may take a little time.  Some items were easily broken or were common items that were missed and I can’t get to them until fulfillment is complete, so if your request has one of those I may skip it in the meantime in the interest of getting done what I can.  Please be assured I will be working my way through all of these emails in good time, and you will get your models replaced as needed, it just may take some time. Please give me at least two weeks to rectify your order before emailing me again.  I appreciate your patience!

If your original email to me does not contain the following information please respond as described below so that when I can get it processed I can get it done without requesting more information.  

If you are missing paint, please give me at least one number or one color from the box you are missing.

Please include either an order number, email address, or make sure the email address you are emailing me from are tied to your kickstarter order.  A backer number is not sufficient. If you purchased/received rewards secondhand then I will need your shipping address to make any corrections.

If you are missing or have broken minis, the best way to describe what is wrong is using the miniature numbers or names used in the Kickstarter graphics.

Thanks!

Customer Service Help Desk
Reaper Miniatures
PO Box 2107
Lake Dallas, TX 75065

• Like 6

2 hours ago, Muninn said:

It depends how much you ordered. They mentioned in one of the Reaper Live's that those with HUGE orders can expect several boxes instead of 1 huge one.

• Like 5

15 hours ago, TGP said:

Well...

Everything that can be done at HQ, has been done, they shipped AU first, UK (EU) next, then ploughed through all the US-North America things. 

What remains is now in the hands of the hubs, ports, container ships, usps, ups, and other shipping concerns. (What is DPD?)

That fb thing was from Matt, who runs the shipping receiving department at Reaper, and his bit is done. 

What remains for HQ is the scattering of folks who pledged something but never locked in. They join their fellows from B1, II, & III in a sort of limbo. (There’s always a few.)

13 hours ago, Cyradis said:

They may still have customer service to deal with, but they finished the biggest part: the boxing and shipping. I think that's a darn good milestone to call DONE. Annoying for those still waiting on delivery, yes. But the Reaper HQ has done their part on sending things out the door. 

I think you know me well enough to know that I'm a huge fan of Reaper and their products.

However during Bones III KS I got very annoyed to the point I almost didn't back Bones IV.

Why?

I can wait, but they started selling stuff at retail before EU backers even got their pledge.

So reading this announcement makes me cringe.

Are we going to do this again?

Because then I will really feel like EU backers are second rate and who cares...I'm very patient, I can wait.

I can understand that the Reaper Staff is happy to be done with what they can, but if they have any consideration for the EU/AU /Asian backers, please wait this time with retail till we get our stuff.

Half the fun of a Kickstarter is that you get your stuff early.

The other half is the value, and that's good.

On that part I'm starting to worry about some tales about taxes eventhough we already covered that with Reaper.

So, yeah, I'm getting a tad worried and a little upset by now.

Not because of the waiting game, but because of that announcement which might mean repeating what happened during Bones III.

If that's the case or if we do get hit by extra taxes because of outsourcing delivery or whatever, I will not back nr. 5.

I do hope Reaper will respect the EU/AU/Asian backers enough to take this into consideration.

We are backers and customers as well.

• Like 8
  • Thanks 3

I agree with Glitterwolf on a lot of his points. 

I understand the individual Reaper worker being excited they did their part, but just remember how annoyed a lot of the US backers were when the EU/AU got shipped first and especially when the Canadians got their stuff first. It's just not fun if you feel like everyone got their stuff before you get it. And a lot of us here on the forums were first day backers/first day lock ins as well and would've comfortably sit in wave 1.

So far I haven't found anyone reporting they had to pay extra taxes but the Israeli guy and there are a lot of mainland EU folks confirming having received theirs in the KS comments. But even though the Brexit disaster might have been avoided for our Bones, that's by pure dumb luck. Nobody knew what was gonna happen when they hit the water, the UK might as well have left the EU by the time they reached their destination. And we got never informed on what was to happen in that case. I really hope they won't lock themselves into shipping all the EU orders through the UK again in the "next project". Two years from now the UK is almost certainly out of the EU, so it should be decided closer to fulfillment how those orders will be handled. Especially for the people from Swiss or Norway who have to pay double duties anyway.

And if shipping from the US directly is not feasible due to cost or logistics, please tell us that, don't just ignore that question.

On a more positive note, four people have invited themselves to witness the opening of the big box of Bones. Well, one of them is the boyfriend, who is already here. It will be difficult to wait until everyone is here, but shared enthusiasm is great, and maybe it motivates them to help me paint more. One of them hasn't painted at all so far, and just invited herself along when I texted another friend yesterday after receiving the shipping tracker from dpd. Also, gives me an excuse to cook.

Edited by Nunae
  • Like 7
  • Thanks 2

Im in the camp of it should hit the stores ASAP.  Regardless of who has what.  For me the KS is just basically a bulk purchase at a discount.  The fun part for me is getting the reveals and campaigning for what we would like to see during the KS.  The sooner Bones 4 is finished the sooner "not bones 5" begins.  

Lets face it. Reaper is a business and new product means new profit for the year which means they stay in business.  The sooner bones 4 hits shelves the better for the company, which is better for us whom collect because that means we are that much closer to a whole new array of product for us to buy and then have sit in boxes unpainted for 6+ years...(Yea I still have unpainted bones 1,2,3) 

• Like 4

5 hours ago, Ottermama said:

a few small things missing (barrels, backpacks for 2 of the  little tool robots).  

If you look at the metal versions of the tool bots (50015: Tool Bots (3)), they only have a single backpack between the three robots.  They appear to be sculpted so you can put it on any of the three but there's only one backpack.  The picture for them in the Chronoscope expansion also only shows only one unit with the backpack.

• Like 3

24 minutes ago, Bane Of Humanity said:

Im in the camp of it should hit the stores ASAP.  Regardless of who has what.  For me the KS is just basically a bulk purchase at a discount.  The fun part for me is getting the reveals and campaigning for what we would like to see during the KS.  The sooner Bones 4 is finished the sooner "not bones 5" begins.  

Lets face it. Reaper is a business and new product means new profit for the year which means they stay in business.  The sooner bones 4 hits shelves the better for the company, which is better for us whom collect because that means we are that much closer to a whole new array of product for us to buy and then have sit in boxes unpainted for 6+ years...(Yea I still have unpainted bones 1,2,3) 

I could live with that if that was announced.

During Bones III they waited till the US customers got their stuff, then started retail while EU/AU/ASIA backers didn't all have their stuff.

That makes me feel we are second rate.

So either start selling it rightaway then or wait till everybody gets their stuff.

But communicate please!

This Facebook announcement makes me think we will see this again.

Anyway, I love Reaper and their minis, I'm just asking to treat customers form outside the US the same way as they would treat the US customers.

Right now I'm not so sure anymore about that.

Edited by Glitterwolf
  • Like 5

5 minutes ago, Glitterwolf said:

I could live with that if that was announced.

During Bones III they waited till the US customers got their stuff, then started retail while EU/AU/ASIA backers didn't all have their stuff.

That makes me feel we are second rate.

So either start selling it rightaway then or wait till everybody gets their stuff.

But communicate please!

This Facebook announcement makes me think we will see this again.

Anyway, I love Reaper and their minis, I'm just asking to treat customers form outside the US the same way as they would treat the US customers.

Right now I'm not so sure anymore about that.

I dont think thats the intention.  I would say that its a bit silly for them to ship everything to the US HQ to have it resorted and shipped back across the ocean to Europe and Asian.  
That tacks on at least an extra month to service those regions.  

I think they view it as once its in the mail or on the water.  Its done.  The wait time on the water isn't something they can do anything about and it costs them time to get new product on the store if they wait.  
To also be fair when it comes to European kickstarters that are based over there.  US customers often get treated the same.  For example the Infinity RPG Kickstarter.  I had to wait a full year after it shipped in Europe to get my stuff.  

I would also invite you to read this 
2f241f5ea27f0be6f4e50da183faa6ae_original.thumb.jpg.01629648339aea74e027b6f860653172.jpg 

One part in particular "Due to the logistics of world shipping and trade it is impossible for us to guarantee that all Pledges shipped will arrive to all backers simultaneously or even within a few days or weeks of each other"

I mean I get you're frustrated because everyone else has their stuff.  I think if reaper had any control over fixing this issue though I think they would.

• Like 5