ladystorm

Reaper Bones 4: Enthusiasm and Commentary Thread

I'm just happy my delivery date is Friday, so if it's on time, I can open my paltry 19.4lb box on Saturday with my friends and get some core set assembling done! 

• Like 5

I'm still reading to try and catch up, but here are some critiques from what I'm reading in this form.

First, Brexit: Time Lines

Following a referendum held on 23 June 2016 in which 51.9 per cent of those voting supported leaving the EU.

On 29 March 2017, the Government of the United Kingdom invoked Article 50 of the Treaty on European Union.

This gave until 29 March 2019 to fulfill pledges before Brexit.

The KS went live on 1 August 2017

Fulfillment was planned for Feb 2019. Obviously not a ton of wiggle room, but they had some.

Now, I am not Reaper, not do I anything with world wide shipping, but I would assume that prior to 1 August 2017 they had already planned how to ship over 25,000 orders all over the world, very possibly before 29 March when Article 50 was filed. For shipping reference please see the posts above.

Now, it is unfortunate that Brexit is happening, I think, and so do many other non British people think it was not a good idea, but they are doing it so it will have repercussions for Britain, Europe, and the world. A small company like Reaper probably doesn't have a ton of options right now, and Brexit was just pushed back to 31 Oct. 2019 (very scary).

Second, Store:

While I do understand that you would like to have the store wait, they are sitting on an unsold product, paying for that storage. They need to sell and move it to make more room for future miniatures. Now, I do agree, a month or two after the world gets their shipments would be nice, but I don't work there, so maybe they have a good reason.

Also, keep in mind that the dragon T'raukzul just hit stores in Dec. I missed KS 1-3 because I was between playgroups for DnD and it took until then to get (at the time) the only large dragon to hit the stores, and I had to wait a year to order him. Only 2 or 3 of the minis from bones 4 are even remotely available and they will most likely only make a few more new ones per month so you should get your order long before even a dozen or so minis from KS4 are available to the world.

I too feel your pain. I didn't order the pit fiend and balor (foolishly) so I found them on Ebay (paid way too much, but I NEED them, or so I told myself and got them 2 weeks ago and one is already painted), yet my order won't be here until maybe Friday. The notification could have read something like: Domestic fulfillment has concluded for US, the Denton facility has completed shipping on Bones 4, or something like that.

Have a good day, and I'll see you all on the other side.

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1

Megan thinks it is unfair that I will be getting to see the Bones IV stuff two hours earlier than she will...

Yep! :devil:

(Picking up the package from UPS, then taking it with me to the after school game - I won't actually open it until Megan and I can open it together. I will just have the chance to open it in potentia.)

Got the notice for tomorrow!

The Auld Grump

• Like 6
  • Haha 7

4 minutes ago, TheAuldGrump said:

Megan thinks it is unfair that I will be getting to see the Bones IV stuff two hours earlier than she will...

Yep! :devil:

(Picking up the package from UPS, then taking it with me to the after school game - I won't actually open it until Megan and I can open it together. I will just have the chance to open it in potentia.)

Got the notice for tomorrow!

The Auld Grump

Schrodinger's Bones - until she sees you and the box after the game, it's both sealed and opened!

• Like 2
  • Haha 11

1 hour ago, Bane Of Humanity said:

As far as Brexit goes.  I dont think Reaper knows what or how they are going to do things.  
I will agree with you though.  Communication has been lacking since Reaper Byran left.

1 hour ago, Glitterwolf said:

They do need a new PR guy.

For those who know what this means:

I threw the gauntlet down, it has yet to be picked up (except for an acknowledgment on a certain "live" episode). My offer still stands.:rock:

#28 10:10

Edited by Ratmaster2000
  • Like 11
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, Doug Sundseth said:

Indeed; there would be a different problem instead.

• If Reaper Europe were not in the UK, then any Brexit problems would still apply, but on shipments to the UK rather than to the continent. Historically, sales of gaming product from the US to Europe were very strongly biased toward sales to the UK. (I suspect, but do not know, that this is still the case.)
  • It's easier for a US company to do business in an English-speaking country with laws deriving from English common law (as US law derives) than in a non-English-speaking country with laws deriving from the Napoleonic Code.
  • And English culture is just easier for an American to adjust to than Continental culture, so it's much easier for an American employee to adjust both short-term and long-term.

Valid point.

Best of two worlds would be another hub on the mainland to service Europe and beyond and keep the UK hub for the UK.

But that would probably be too expensive.

As for English speaking, the Netherlands is a trade nation and most of speak English and other languages as well.

I will be waiting for my Bones.

Reading some comments I see that not every one gets what I meant. no problem, I will leave it with that.

I didn't mean to offend anyone.

• Like 11

2 hours ago, Ratmaster2000 said:

For those who know what this means:

I threw the gauntlet down, it has yet to be picked up (except for an acknowledgment on a certain "live" episode). My offer still stands.:rock:

#28 10:10

They'd probably want you to move to Texas. No job is worth that. On the other hand, if you were willing to make that sacrifice for us I think you'd be good at it.

• Like 2
  • Haha 10
  • Confused 1

I think most of us know what you meant, and it would be really nice to have everyone have their Kickstarter bones in hand before they start shipping retail.  Probably the worst offenders are the leftover Core & Expansion sets that get put in the store because they're already pre-boxed and can be sold to someone in the US pretty fast.  On the other hand, to get one of those sets to Europe by air would cost a lot more so they basically get to pay for that privilege.  I guess I see both perspectives and there's not one ideal solution.  

The post-fulfillment customer service seems to be a bit hit-or miss as well.  Some people have had super-speedy resolution to problems, I'm still waiting.  I don't mind waiting, but there is no issue tracking system visible on the customer end, so you feel like you're left hanging.  (By tracking I mean an incident reporting system, where you get an incident number you can refer to.)  Probably this is fine during normal business, but with so many big boxes being sent out I suspect there's a lot of emails to sift through about problems and I worry mine will get missed.  

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, Glitterwolf said:

Best of two worlds would be another hub on the mainland to service Europe and beyond and keep the UK hub for the UK.

But that would probably be too expensive.

Antwerp might be a good choice location-wise, but I bet real estate is expensive there (because lots, hundreds[?], of other firms realize this).

You guys in the EU are not second class customers you are just a long way downrange. 

That’s why they packed up your containers first!

Meanwhile, I continued waiting patiently by choice in solidarity with those still waiting because boats are slow. However, in a stunning development Cobra King made a break for it!

CA3CA04C-FCFE-4293-9010-10EA873E68B3.thumb.jpeg.bd09d12ed13b121e4dd24efa09b9245e.jpeg

He managed to bust out of the box while it was still sitting in the hall, before it ever got to the hobby room. He even drug one of the other bags with him....!

(Rumour has it he is looking to link up with Cobra Captain. Not to worry, the rest of the contents remain undisturbed as I continue to wait patiently.)

Edited by TGP
  • Like 7
  • Haha 8

8 hours ago, Bane Of Humanity said:

This Facebook announcement makes me think we will see this again.

#Facebookchallenged here. What did they announce on fb?

The only thing I could find was about MOSSbeard going to retail in the fall?

3 minutes ago, Weird-O said:

Wait. It'll be possible to buy entire expansion boxes from the store?!?

Ditto this question. 

Edited by TGP
If someone could be Enthusiastic enough to repost the Facebook words to this thread that would be just peachy...
  • Like 3

Has anyone else that got the Lost Valley had problems assembling the ankylosaur? Mine's tail seemed loose due to a smaller than ideal tab when I did a quick dry fit while inventorying, but that didn't worry me. When I went to properly assemble her though, I found out that the wobble wasn't caused by the undersized tab, but the tail and the body not actually fitting together properly. If it's universal so be it, but if others fit together right I'll ask Reaper for one of those.

• Like 3

5 minutes ago, Weird-O said:

That's possible (maybe even likely) by no means guaranteed. Last time, after they were sure everyone had received their packages and had time to submit issues, Reaper had a quantity of the Expansions left over, and they offered them in their store while quantities lasted. Most of them were marked up compared to Kickstarter pricing ($80 instead of $50 is what I recall).

• Like 6

8 minutes ago, Weird-O said:

If they have extras I believe that they do put them up as whole units rather than break them down for retail. I think I've heard that they go fast.

• Like 5

12 minutes ago, Weird-O said:

For Bones 3 I bought the Core Set, Stoneskull, and the Graveyard expansion from my FLGS and direct from Reaper. I wasn't in the hobby during the KS. So, if they have extras, they will probably be available that way. My FLGS had stoneskull copies for a long while, if I recall.

If they end up with extras of Lost Valley, I'm almost definitely gonna grab one - I still don't know why I purchased only one, given my dino obsession. Also the fertility idol :wub:

• Like 3