ladystorm

Reaper Bones 4: Enthusiasm and Commentary Thread

22 minutes ago, TGP said:

#Facebookchallenged here. What did they announce on fb?

The only thing I could find was about MOSSbeard going to retail in the fall?

There was a post back a few pages that they announced they're done shipping.

• Like 3

25 minutes ago, Fnordlover said:

Has anyone else that got the Lost Valley had problems assembling the ankylosaur? Mine's tail seemed loose due to a smaller than ideal tab when I did a quick dry fit while inventorying, but that didn't worry me. When I went to properly assemble her though, I found out that the wobble wasn't caused by the undersized tab, but the tail and the body not actually fitting together properly. If it's universal so be it, but if others fit together right I'll ask Reaper for one of those.

Mine was also pretty loose.  Moreso than most of my other pieces.  Took a large amount of superglue and a rubber band to hold it in place.  I'm worried about it long-term though.

• Like 4

2 minutes ago, animesensei said:

Mine was also pretty loose.  Moreso than most of my other pieces.  Took a large amount of superglue and a rubber band to hold it in place.  I'm worried about it long-term though.

mine is holding fine, and fit together fine

• Like 5

3 hours ago, Weird-O said:

Wait. It'll be possible to buy entire expansion boxes from the store?!?

It was after Bones 3, and yes they went fast.  There were also a few at ReaperCon  2017 as prizes.  Past performance is not a guarantee of future behavior, etc, etc.  

• Like 6

My crate arrived this morning finally. It looks like rolled down the freeway for most of the trip between the UPS hubs in San Pablo and Sunnyvale. All the inner boxen are banged up to varying levels, but most of the figures are intact or easily repairable. Still counting the inventory. I just wish there were a packing slip. I'll have to check the pledge manager to confirm what I had ordered.

• Like 9

6 minutes ago, ultrasquid said:

I just wish there were a packing slip. I'll have to check the pledge manager to confirm what I had ordered.

Agreed, the worst to inventory were bases, especially if you bought a ton like I did. All the pledge manager says for bases however are a bunch of random numbers. 

• Like 5

5 minutes ago, ultrasquid said:

My crate arrived this morning finally. It looks like rolled down the freeway for most of the trip between the UPS hubs in San Pablo and Sunnyvale. All the inner boxen are banged up to varying levels, but most of the figures are intact or easily repairable.

Hurrah box. Sorry for your casualties. Post a picture [?] did arms snap off? What is the worst of the damage?

• Like 4

DSCF0535.thumb.JPG.93240aba44ea3f34a30f872a01b6e4c4.JPGJust picked up my Bones IV package from UPS.::):

They managed to turn my box into a cardboard bag.:down:DSCF0529.thumb.JPG.a4571d5008339425a01c568ac97706e7.JPG

Fortunately, Reaper used good quality packing tape .

Otherwise my order would be scattered from the Mojave Desert to Denton, Texas.

GEM

I haven't even opened the box yet.

• Like 14
  • Haha 1

So uh I guess my bones will be delayed further. A train has derailed, hopefully the bones weren't on it.

Screenshot_20190508-200328.png

• Sad 10

1 hour ago, Green Eyed Monster said:

They managed to turn my box into a cardboard bag.:down:

Looks just like mine.

1 hour ago, TGP said:

Hurrah box. Sorry for your casualties. Post a picture [?] did arms snap off? What is the worst of the damage?

I have pics, just haven't has time to upload them yet. So far the worst is some damage to the art book cover, Mammoth-man's broken adz, and severe warping of most of the Fantasy Terrain pieces. Possible missing parts but I'm not sure about that yet.

• Like 2
  • Sad 4

Still in process of inventory, but a couple of my Jade Fire minis have weapons that look.... odd. The spearmans spear is missing the head and the swords on the jade fire warriors swords just look blobby. Is this how they are cast?

Also have thus far, broken adze on mumlak, broken arm on stone giant guard, and broken leg on cave spider. Need to finish inventory/prefit on one more core set, all my add-ons, all my core set extras and fan favorites.

Edited by Skallabjorn
  • Like 3

29 minutes ago, Nunae said:

My package is on the delivery truck, a whole day early ::o:

Awesome, hope it actually arrives early (and you're home for it!) :) 

Sad to hear about the other boxes that have been used as pingpong balls, hope you guys get it all sorted out.

• Like 5

14 minutes ago, Venun said:

Sad to hear about the other boxes that have been used as pingpong balls, hope you guys get it all sorted out.

I used to have a job that involved creating technical drawings of machines that sort Mail (and parcels).

This damage is consistent with what can happen if those machines run amok. Normally, the boxes just whisk by, electric lights and lasers check that each one is level, in limits, oriented properly, sliding down chutes, whizzing along on roller beds, ...but once in awhile a jam occurs. 

And those robot arms and lift buckets are stout. And they keep banging away until a human can get to an emergency stop button. (As a matter of fact it is a big, red, button....several per machine.)

It’s not necessarily people doing these bad things to innocent boxes; it’s robots, Giant Stationary Robots. 

• Like 11

56 minutes ago, Venun said:

Awesome, hope it actually arrives early (and you're home for it!) :) 

Should be here in 30 min - 1h. And yes, I'm home for it.

It’s not necessarily people doing these bad things to innocent boxes; it’s robots, Giant Stationary Robots. 

I've always known you shouldn't trust robots :ph34r:

• Like 2
  • Haha 7