ladystorm

Reaper Bones 4: Enthusiasm and Commentary Thread

Aaaaand the dpd tracker now states they couldn't deliver it to me personally, even though I was home and will deliver it to a pickup shop instead. :zombie:

• Confused 1
  • Sad 6

3 minutes ago, Nunae said:

Aaaaand the dpd tracker now states they couldn't deliver it to me personally, even though I was home and will deliver it to a pickup shop instead. :zombie:

Well..if you want something done right...you have to do it yourself.

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

10 minutes ago, Nunae said:

It is close! That's a good thing!

Have fun with it and don't forget to show us what you do with it!

• Like 4

30 minutes ago, Nunae said:

I really hope your DPD branch is more competent than ours. The last time our order was transferred to a pickup shop it took 6 days to get there :rock:

Edit: Sorry if I'm being overly negative on this bit of the forum. I'm just fed up with my lack of minis. At this point it's just the cats in boxes pictures that are keeping me going :mellow:

Edited by Kuroneko
Tired and grumpy
  • Like 3
  • Sad 4

15 minutes ago, Kuroneko said:

I really hope your DPD branch is more competent than ours. The last time our order was transferred to a pickup shop it took 6 days to get there :rock:

I hope so, too. I almost never use DPD for this exact reason. A neighbour had his DPD package denied by the nearest pick up store (which is a book store down the road) because they deemed it too big. 

And according to the tracker it's back in the DPD center for our city (where it started this morning), so it's likely nothing will happen today and I won't be able to pick it up, which is annoying.

• Like 2
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 5

8 hours ago, Skallabjorn said:

Still in process of inventory, but a couple of my Jade Fire minis have weapons that look.... odd. The spearmans spear is missing the head and the swords on the jade fire warriors swords just look blobby. Is this how they are cast?

Also have thus far, broken adze on mumlak, broken arm on stone giant guard, and broken leg on cave spider. Need to finish inventory/prefit on one more core set, all my add-ons, all my core set extras and fan favorites.

Here are related pics 

P_20190509_064219.jpg

P_20190509_064332.jpg

P_20190509_064137.jpg

P_20190509_070106.jpg

P_20190509_070039.jpg

Is this how they are  supposed to look, or did I get a bad casting?

Edited by Skallabjorn
  • Like 2

20 minutes ago, Skallabjorn said:

Here are related pics 

P_20190509_064219.jpg

P_20190509_064332.jpg

P_20190509_064137.jpg

P_20190509_070106.jpg

P_20190509_070039.jpg

Here's the update that has the production pictures of the Jade Fire girls.  It looks like the spear should definitely have a point, but the other weapons do appear to be more war club in nature than swords...

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/1513061270/reaper-miniatures-bones-4-mr-bones-epic-adventure/posts/2310666

Edited by Chris Palmer
  • Like 4

4 minutes ago, Chris Palmer said:

Here's the update that has the production pictures of the Jade Fire girls.  It looks like the spear should definitely have a point, but the other weapons do appear to be more war club in nature than swords...

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/1513061270/reaper-miniatures-bones-4-mr-bones-epic-adventure/posts/2310666

Thanks, Chris. I will have to see about a replacement for the spear mini. Certainly justifies the labor in a full inventory. I was worried that I was just being too picky.

• Like 4

I got shipping, woohoo! Now at least I can track my parcel and see where it resides, haha :D #happy #hyped

My colleagues got some weird ideas when I screamed, haha :p 

• Like 6
  • Haha 7

Untitled.thumb.png.6b4397c3b5fe586dd06830ea47f3d1ec.png

The train delay message... with so many delays at this point I think the proper thing to do is laugh, or cry, but mostly laugh.

• Haha 1
  • Sad 9

5 minutes ago, Btass said:

Untitled.thumb.png.6b4397c3b5fe586dd06830ea47f3d1ec.png

The train delay message... with so many delays at this point I think the proper thing to do is laugh, or cry, but mostly laugh.

Delayed by 1 day with such a reason is good news tbh, if I'm not mistaking you knew some pages back a train had derailed right? This is your confirmation that your package wasn't flung out of the train and is still heading your way with a minor delay :) 

• Like 6

Package arrived without a hitch in the Netherlands ^^ 2,5 kg of plastic crack

Did a dry fitting, everything is in order and nothing broken, but I'll need to boil the Frost Giantess' wolf and possibly Dance of Death. The wolf doesn't fit on his base and the two dragons look to the side instead of at each other.

Love the townsfolk set, but I'd really like to see some female minis without huge breasts, same with the giants. The dragon turtle, roc and Blacksting are great! Dragon turtle had his flight stand too.

I'm considering using Blacksting as a Fell Beast. I have a spare Nazgul from GW, I'll have to see if I can sculpt him a suitable saddle and bridle.

• Like 9
  • Thanks 2

18 minutes ago, Venun said:

Delayed by 1 day with such a reason is good news tbh, if I'm not mistaking you knew some pages back a train had derailed right? This is your confirmation that your package wasn't flung out of the train and is still heading your way with a minor delay :) 

Yep, just sad because now it will most likely no be delivered until Monday, and I have a DnD game on Monday night that could really use the skeletal and zombie dragons and the skeletal monsters. It's the final battle of an undead campaign too. Oh well, there's always the next campaign, and I'm running a lord of utter-cold necromancer! *Queue evil laughter* Muwhahahahaha!

• Like 8

11 minutes ago, Btass said:

Yep, just sad because now it will most likely no be delivered until Monday, and I have a DnD game on Monday night that could really use the skeletal and zombie dragons and the skeletal monsters. It's the final battle of an undead campaign too. Oh well, there's always the next campaign, and I'm running a lord of utter-cold necromancer! *Queue evil laughter* Muwhahahahaha!

Print out the pictures from the kickstarter page and mount them on a base xD 

Jokes aside, would have been sublime if that was in time, but it's still getting nearer and nearer to you. This way, the first time your players get to see your figures you'll have (hopefully) painted them up to give an even better impression :) 

• Like 2
  • Haha 4

14 minutes ago, Btass said:

You can always cancel because of "illness"

Or do a hot springs episode....

• Like 2
  • Haha 8