ladystorm

Reaper Bones 4: Enthusiasm and Commentary Thread

7 hours ago, Skallabjorn said:

Test fitted the canopy, and the fill IS visible. Probably going to cut them out.

Looks to me like a project for needle files and fine sandpaper.

Have to check mine.  After I get through with the detailed inventory.

GEM

• Like 3

21 minutes ago, Tmac2200 said:

Hey, I don't know if this is allowed or not, (very sorry if it isn't,) but my mom and I paint our miniatures together and we just got our big box from bones 4 and we post all of our minis on instagram. We'd love it if y'all checked our page out and maybe passed on some constructive criticism. We are @macklinfamilyminiatures

Thank you so much if you stop by and once again I am very sorry if we aren't supposed to promote any other websites, or link outside accounts. 

So long as you’re not linking to a commerce site, you and your mom aren’t selling or buying anything, then it’s okay to link to a site showing off your work.

• Like 6

2 hours ago, Tmac2200 said:

Hey, I don't know if this is allowed or not, (very sorry if it isn't,) but my mom and I paint our miniatures together and we just got our big box from bones 4 and we post all of our minis on instagram. We'd love it if y'all checked our page out and maybe passed on some constructive criticism. We are @macklinfamilyminiatures

If you're looking for feedback, a better place to post your lovely painted minis would be over the the Show off section of the forums: https://forum.reapermini.com/index.php?/forum/4-show-off/  ^_^

This thread moves very fast, and posts get buried quickly. 

Also, you could add your Instagram account information to your forum signature area. Signatures aren't displayed on the mobile version of the site, but they do show up on the desktop version. 

Huzzah! 

--OneBoot :D 

Edited by OneBoot
  • Like 10

I went through all the boxes, everything is accounted for. Mumlak had his weapon broken, so did one of the stone giants (the others came unassembled). One of the crab looking things from fan favorites also has something broken, but that's everything so far.

Add on baggies are all there, but I haven't opened the big ones yet.

The wraiths and bonus goblins are currently on my father's counter top drying from being brushed, I hope to practice batch painting on them. But seeing them all lying there, 24 is A LOT.

• Like 10

We got the notification for the box as a delivery today. Turned out to be at a time where my wife's dropping the kid at school.

So just in case we put a note on the door to drop it at the neighbour.

DPD (Europese delivery guys) sent me a tracker however, which showed me how many stops he still had to make, and even where those stops were.

It turned into a race, haha. My wife missed the courier by 1 minute, but thankfully he read the note and dropped it at the neighbour.

She just send me this pic... and now I wanna go home instantly.

Reaperbox.thumb.jpg.60342ad9c11fa8f8e12fb8d697ad0522.jpg

• Like 21

1 hour ago, OneBoot said:

If you're looking for feedback, a better place to post your lovely painted minis would be over the the Show off section of the forums: https://forum.reapermini.com/index.php?/forum/4-show-off/  ^_^

This thread moves very fast, and posts get buried quickly. 

Also, you could add your Instagram account information to your forum signature area. Signatures aren't displayed on the mobile version of the site, but they do show up on the desktop version. 

Huzzah! 

--OneBoot :D 

Actually if you turn your phone sideways aka landscape they'll show up. I had my phone that eay when I came across this post :)

• Like 7

*** Waits for notification, cobwebs form around his snout, tail stopped wagging ***

• Like 2
  • Sad 7

The difference.

P_20190513_065811.jpg

Had to use my +2.75 magnifiers for that one.

Edited by Skallabjorn
  • Like 16

8 minutes ago, Glitterwolf said:

*** Waits for notification, cobwebs form around his snout, tail stopped wagging ***

You'll get yours soon man, I'm calling it right now. Before this week is over, you'll have your notification.

Edit: Looks good Skallabjorn, how does it look dryfitted? And are you gonna sand it abit more aswell or do you think the paint will cover what's left?

Edited by Venun
Missed a post
  • Like 4
  • Thanks 1

7 minutes ago, Glitterwolf said:

At least you are not in AU/Asia.

• Like 5
  • Thanks 2

10 minutes ago, Skallabjorn said:

The difference.

P_20190513_065811.jpg

Had to use my +2.75 magnifiers for that one.

looks good that way!

• Like 5

Just got the delivery notice for my Bones. I shall be sitting by the front door tomorrow.

• Like 11

I glued together the hill giants this weekend, and mine didn't have bases even if one had a tab for it.  I remember some discussion on this thread about these giants, but I could not find it.  Does someone remember what the final verdict was, bases or no bases?

• Like 2

Mine don't have bases either. The one with the tab has a tiny thing on his sprue which goes with the tab and evens his foot in a weird way.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1