Sign in to follow this  
ladystorm

Reaper Bones 4: Enthusiasm and Commentary Thread

32 minutes ago, Knight of the Dinner Table said:

Got my shipment today (Germany). Everything looks to be in order, but I have yet to go through everything.

Biggest gripe: Baba Yaga's Hut: I know that they promised that the legs would be detachable and I know they explained what went wrong. Still, it's definitely a negative. And ... now that might just be me ... I was under the assumption that the roof could be removed so you could use the inside of the house. THat is either not the case and my assumption was wrong from the start ... or I'm too timid to exercise the necessary force.

Be as it may ... as it stands at the moment, the Hut is not as usable for me as I hoped it would be.

Stygian Barge: I hope that the warped parts can be unwarped by the hot water method. Lots and lots of parts ... an assembly instruction (even if only a single sheet of paper) would have been nice.

Some minis in the Dreadmere expansion were assembled in a way that you can clearly see gaps (large gaps). That's why I prefer to do that myself.

The good news is that the parts on the barge only fit one way. The weirdest part is the way the anchor and rope on the starboard side go together, it has a lot of parts.

• Like 6

32 minutes ago, Knight of the Dinner Table said:

Biggest gripe: Baba Yaga's Hut: I know that they promised that the legs would be detachable and I know they explained what went wrong. Still, it's definitely a negative.

Agreed, I was hoping they would have made the legs like Mossbeard's, just big sockets the legs could fit into on the under side. As it is, as anyone tried cutting off the legs and using magnets to attach/remove them? I've never done it before so I'd like to see a test before I charge in.

• Like 3

I just received my order, ~36 pounds.  One of the last US orders I know because I have an APO address, but almost everything perfect.  Weirdly the Darkreach box was open and the Gloomstalker was missing, but otherwise, everything seems in order.  Excellent work, Reaper!

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Am I really the only one whose Baba Yaga hut showed up and was able to stand perfectly? I find it hard to believe, but I wonder if there were some major QC issues...or maybe packing order issues?

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Knight of the Dinner Table said:

I was under the assumption that the roof could be removed so you could use the inside of the house. THat is either not the case and my assumption was wrong from the start ... or I'm too timid to exercise the necessary force.

It was explained during one of the Reaper Live episodes that while a removable roof and a usable interior was part of their original plans, productions demands required them to abandon those features.

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

25 minutes ago, Paradoxical Mouse said:

Am I really the only one whose Baba Yaga hut showed up and was able to stand perfectly? I find it hard to believe, but I wonder if there were some major QC issues...or maybe packing order issues?

Nope. Mine stands just fine.

• Like 5

48 minutes ago, Paradoxical Mouse said:

Mine stands on itself aswell, a few toes were still in the air though, so I did the boiling water trick to put it flat and more stable just in case :) 

• Like 5

Just got my box:

P5140151.thumb.JPG.1d16d915e75df0e971b1a844b78d08d0.JPG

Champagne is on ice for grand opening with wife tonight.

Divorce lawyer is on stand-by for when we can't agree about who ordered what.

• Like 11
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 8
  • Sad 1

2 hours ago, Knight of the Dinner Table said:

I was under the assumption that the roof could be removed so you could use the inside of the house. 

I had asked this question during the KS.  It was a resounding no.  So it was never intended to be removed nor was it ever promised.

• Like 4

2 hours ago, Btass said:

Agreed, I was hoping they would have made the legs like Mossbeard's, just big sockets the legs could fit into on the under side. As it is, as anyone tried cutting off the legs and using magnets to attach/remove them? I've never done it before so I'd like to see a test before I charge in.

They showed how they cut off the legs on Reaper Live, basically heat em up  (boiling water) and they cut really easy with an exacto. 

I don't think they are a good candidate for magnetizing though. That was originally my plan but they appear to be very hollow, which means you would have to create the seat for the magnets yourself and get everything flush on both sides, which would be difficult.

I have an idea how it might work, though. Maybe cut the legs, fill with GS/other sculpting medium, push magnet in place, left that whole side dry. After that side cures you attach the magnet, fill the other side with medium and push the hardened side into the uncured side to force the uncured side to conform to the cured, then detach and let dry. That should also make an impression for the second magnet. Think I'll post this in the current hut discussion to kick the tires on the idea.

Posted:
https://forum.reapermini.com/index.php?/topic/86161-bones-4-and-baba-yagas-hut/&do=findComment&comment=1830761

Edited by pinkymadigan
  • Like 8

2 hours ago, Glitterwolf said:

I was under the impression that  a second container was coming on a second ship?

I might have misunderstood.

I think they were both sent at the same time, but one got stuck in customs for longer. No official word, but that's the impression that I got.

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Oliver said:

I just received my order, ~36 pounds.  One of the last US orders I know because I have an APO address, but almost everything perfect.  Weirdly the Darkreach box was open and the Gloomstalker was missing, but otherwise, everything seems in order.  Excellent work, Reaper!

Hmm, maybe that's where my replacement gloom stalker is coming from::o:

• Like 4
  • Haha 2

1 hour ago, Darsc Zacal said:

It was explained during one of the Reaper Live episodes that while a removable roof and a usable interior was part of their original plans, productions demands required them to abandon those features.

I wonder how long until someone cuts the roof off one and fixes up the inside so that it's usable...

• Like 5

That will be very difficult as the roof of at least one of the small towers is above the main roof, you'd have to take that off, too - and take it off every time you want to access the main "hall". Furthermore, it seems to be quite rigidly in place, I cannot imagine that at the moment, but then I do not have a lot of experience (so even if it's possible, it won't be possible for me).

• Like 5