Sign in to follow this  
ladystorm

Reaper Bones 4: Enthusiasm and Commentary Thread

2 hours ago, Doug Sundseth said:

How much does the average consumer really want to pay for a Bones mini?

Less than what they're charging currently for me. I keep telling myself that Bones Black is going to catapult the quality, but the velociraptor I painted over the weekend has given me pause. Hands and feet are just vaguely sculpted blobs. I blame sculptors feeling like they need to use computers to get things done quickly, probably due to pressure from the KS timeframe these projects are built on. Bones Black will make it possible to compete in fidelity with other materials, so I'm maintaining some hope.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

I got the Orc shaman in Bones Black (they were giving him away as a freebie) and I'm a bit disappointed because mould lines, flash, blobs concerning detail etc. But ... the miniatures of the Dreadmere expansion that arrived today are great - they do not have those problems ... are they Bones Black, too?

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Bane Of Humanity said:
3 hours ago, Knight of the Dinner Table said:

I was under the assumption that the roof could be removed so you could use the inside of the house. 

I had asked this question during the KS.  It was a resounding no.  So it was never intended to be removed nor was it ever promised.

Actually, as of August 2017 the plan was to have a removable roof (and legs).    Brian and Ron said that was the plan in this Bones 4 livestream: (cued to the exact point they make the statement)  https://youtu.be/a8-lU9NEMR8?t=250

Edited by Chris Palmer
  • Like 5
  • Thanks 2

2 minutes ago, Knight of the Dinner Table said:

I got the Orc shaman in Bones Black (they were giving him away as a freebie) and I'm a bit disappointed because mould lines, flash, blobs concerning detail etc. But ... the miniatures of the Dreadmere expansion that arrived today are great - they do not have those problems ... are they Bones Black, too?

Yes. All the Expansions and some of the Add-Ons were cast in Bones Black.

• Like 7

1 minute ago, Chris Palmer said:

Actually, as of August 2017 the plan was to have a removable roof (and legs).    Brian and Ron said so in this Bones 4 livestream:  https://youtu.be/a8-lU9NEMR8?t=250

Thanks Chris ... I had started to doubt myself. That's annoying. Two changes to the hut make it a lot less usable (and at least the non-removable roof came as a total surprise for me - must have missed that information ... was it in an official update? I don't think that Reaper should rely on "Reaper live" to inform backers about such changes). I understand that changes sometimes must be made, but with some other changes (base for the barge, size of dragon), I'm a bit put out with Reaper at the moment (which will probably be over as soon as Bones 5 starts).

• Like 7

15 minutes ago, Knight of the Dinner Table said:

Thanks Chris ... I had started to doubt myself. That's annoying. Two changes to the hut make it a lot less usable (and at least the non-removable roof came as a total surprise for me - must have missed that information ... was it in an official update? I don't think that Reaper should rely on "Reaper live" to inform backers about such changes). I understand that changes sometimes must be made, but with some other changes (base for the barge, size of dragon), I'm a bit put out with Reaper at the moment (which will probably be over as soon as Bones 5 starts).

Yes, it seems Reaper was operating under the impression that folks would be fine with whatever changes needed to be made during production, and they didn't need to be mentioned, since the fine print on the Kickstarter states that things might change from what's being shown.  On the bright side, I think they have learned a lesson this time, and Ed promised better communication in the future:

(cued to the point where Ed makes his statement.) https://youtu.be/FbrogWjRtNw?t=2185

Edited by Chris Palmer
  • Like 7
  • Thanks 3

2 hours ago, Paradoxical Mouse said:

Am I really the only one whose Baba Yaga hut showed up and was able to stand perfectly? I find it hard to believe, but I wonder if there were some major QC issues...or maybe packing order issues?

Mine is fine. I left it sitting on my drinking room table for about a week, and it never tipped over or ran away. 

• Like 10
  • Haha 1

3 hours ago, Paradoxical Mouse said:

Am I really the only one whose Baba Yaga hut showed up and was able to stand perfectly? I find it hard to believe, but I wonder if there were some major QC issues...or maybe packing order issues?

Nah, mine was good too

• Like 7

36 minutes ago, Chris Palmer said:

Actually, as of August 2017 the plan was to have a removable roof (and legs).    Brian and Ron said that was the plan in this Bones 4 livestream: (cued to the exact point they make the statement)  https://youtu.be/a8-lU9NEMR8?t=250

KS comments reposted on the reaper forum

Scroll down until you find a post from Pochi.  This was also posted august 2017.  In the video they weren't sure.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 2

My hut arrived and was standing on its own, but rolled after a few days in a warm windowsill (leaned more forward). 

On my second boil/quench, and it isn't in the hot window anymore. I am seeing the tilt come back slowly. Just a matter of time before it rolls. It is really difficult to get the center of mass just right on it. I think I'm going to need to figure out a way to drill pins in its legs, or rig a tri-pod post to the bottom. 

• Like 7

22 minutes ago, Bane Of Humanity said:

KS comments reposted on the reaper forum

Scroll down until you find a post from Pochi.  This was also posted august 2017.  In the video they weren't sure.

Hm ... I did not understand that to mean you cannot remove the roof. I thought it meant "there is no interior sculpted, i.e. it's a blank space, not even texture on the walls" ...

• Like 4

1 minute ago, Knight of the Dinner Table said:

Hm ... I did not understand that to mean you cannot remove the roof. I thought it meant "there is no interior sculpted, i.e. it's a blank space, not even texture on the walls" ...

Yea, there is no interior sculpted.  Its supposed to be hollow.  I dont actually have the model so I cannot tell you if its glue together or if the roof does come off but is glued on.

• Like 5

1 minute ago, Knight of the Dinner Table said:

Nope, that's one of my gripes - roof does not come off, firmly glued into space.

Well, you can get some super glue remover.  Might take some finesse.  

• Like 4