Reaper Bones 4: Enthusiasm and Commentary Thread

• Replies 18.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

5 minutes ago, Gadgetman! said:

They don't have a legal right to it. At all.   

But I'm willing to take a risk in order to REALLY, REALLY elf them over... 

I hope it works out!

I would not give this number to a delivery service.

Even if it meant they wouldn't deliver my pledge.

Reaper might need a different courier for this, never heard of such a thing.

• Like 4

It seems this is only asked of Norwegians, which to me states that the border guys at Norway are asking this of the couriers going in the country.

No other places have we seen this question, only in Norway. The DPD package to me (NL) went without any such questions, along with many other europeans.

I wonder why Norwegian customs is asking for this number..

• Like 4
2 minutes ago, Venun said:

It seems this is only asked of Norwegians, which to me states that the border guys at Norway are asking this of the couriers going in the country.

No other places have we seen this question, only in Norway. The DPD package to me (NL) went without any such questions, along with many other europeans.

I wonder why Norwegian customs is asking for this number..

Norwegian Customs work for the Government, right?

So they could get it, but not the delivery guys.

I do hope this will end well for gadgetman, I'm kinda paranoia when it comes to providing personal info that can be used for identity fraud and such.

A courier service should not have this info.

• Like 3
10 minutes ago, Venun said:

https://www.datatilsynet.no/rettigheter-og-plikter/personopplysninger/fodselsnummer/

This here tells me the number isn't considered private information and thus isn't protected by the data protection laws.

It also says Norwegian Taxes use it to easily identify the person, I'm guessing it's for the import taxes.

I thought it was similar to our BSN number, you don't give your BSN number to the mailman.

Customs in the Netherlands will just send you a bill when you need to pay customs right with the package, pay when delivered or it won't be delivered.

I have had some stuff from the USA where I needed to pay at the door when delivered.

No problem.

Still see no reason why a courier would have to have that number.

• Like 2

That's just the issue, Norwegian customs DOESN'T REQUIRE the number!   

It's completely irrelevant WHO is importing something when the VAT and whatever TOLLs are applied(As long as it' not a company or organisation). For that they just need a value and goods. Mostly, the customs work is done by the shipping company or the shipping company in conjunction with the customs people.    

(The Norwegian post handles it by themselves)   

The post just ships the package to the nearest post office and slap a 'Pay on Delivery' note on it, and I pay whatever fees when I collect it.   

DHL hands me the package, then mail me an invoice a few days later. After all, they have my name and address...    

UPS I believe bring a wireless CC reader and take payment when they deliver the package.(Years and years since they delivered me anything)    

EDIT: Also, no tracking code today... Maybe tomorrow?   

Edited by Gadgetman!
  • Like 6
18 minutes ago, Gadgetman! said:

That's just the issue, Norwegian customs DOESN'T REQUIRE the number!   

It's completely irrelevant WHO is importing something when the VAT and whatever TOLLs are applied(As long as it' not a company or organisation). For that they just need a value and goods. Mostly, the customs work is done by the shipping company or the shipping company in conjunction with the customs people.    

(The Norwegian post handles it by themselves)   

The post just ships the package to the nearest post office and slap a 'Pay on Delivery' note on it, and I pay whatever fees when I collect it.   

DHL hands me the package, then mail me an invoice a few days later. After all, they have my name and address...    

UPS I believe bring a wireless CC reader and take payment when they deliver the package.(Years and years since they delivered me anything)    

EDIT: Also, no tracking code today... Maybe tomorrow?   

Strange behaviour from DPD.

You couldn't reason with them?

• Like 3
8 hours ago, Pezler the Polychromatic said:

*speaks from inside the box* The closer a package is, the more impatient we become.

Truth. I don't know what's worse though, knowing they're on their way, or having them and not having any time to play with them?

• Like 8
1 minute ago, Crowley said:

Truth. I don't know what's worse though, knowing they're on their way, or having them and not having any time to play with them?

Both, it was tough to wait, but now my living room is covered in them and I haven't even finished opening them all to check if I'm missing anything. Doesn't help that I will need my barge completed by Sunday so that was started immediately.

• Like 7

Just got an update on my Pledge that left Reaper Nottingham HQ on Tuesday. Y'know, the one DPD said would be delivered on Wednesday? 

As of 12.30 today, it was still in DPD Nottingham :rock:

I would like to point out that my monthly tithe from Reaper UK was send out yesterday with the free (Royal Mail) shipping option. It arrived this morning. Truly not happy with DPD right now ::(:

Edited by Kuroneko
  • Like 1
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 5
On 5/8/2019 at 1:36 AM, NebulousMissy said:

Mine has one. You're not alone.

Will be fixed with some x-acto work and green stuff.

They're easily filled with Elmer's Glue or if you like to be fancier (like me) you can get some Golden's Moudling Paste from Hobby Lobby or Michael's. Just fill and allow to dry. Works like a champ.

• Like 7