Reaper Bones 4: Enthusiasm and Commentary Thread

• Replies 18.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

IMO Reaper has always had a communication/PR problem due to the way that they choose to structure the dissemination of information. ie. We can't post an update because it's not update day. We can't gi

So I'm later than I had hoped to be.  I have content for this week, but let's pick the second January update (fourth Friday 1/25/19) Content. Five options.  Use the Like this post options to cast

Survey Time!   I'm going to let yall have a wee bit of input on the next Expansion Pack I feature for the updates. I have parameters I have to follow, so it isn't super open for yall to

Posted Images

On ‎5‎/‎22‎/‎2019 at 10:45 AM, Chris Palmer said:

For anyone who might be interested, I have posted an assembly and conversion thread over on the Conversion and Presentation sub-forum,   to show how I remounted Mossbeard's arms so the wider parts were changed to be the shoulders rather than the wrists.

Mossbeard Conversion

fullsizeoutput_49c3.jpeg

I saw this over on facebook, looks pretty cool.

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

IT’S HERE! Oh, wait, it’s not the Bones, it’s the minis from Another Company (tm) that match the Painting DVD in my Bones order. So I suppose I should clean and put together these metal minis while waiting for the Bones to get here....

• Like 5
2 hours ago, Lostbug said:

IT’S HERE! Oh, wait, it’s not the Bones, it’s the minis from Another Company (tm) that match the Painting DVD in my Bones order. So I suppose I should clean and put together these metal minis while waiting for the Bones to get here....

Well its something.

• Like 5
23 hours ago, Gadgetman! said:

Tracking now says my package left England yesterday, but isn't scheduled for delivery until the 31st. 

Also, it's 'Pining for the fjords, so excuse us if the package stays a few days in a location that doesn't make sense' PostNord that's supposed t do the deed here in Norway.   

The Pledge Manager links to UPS Interlink, which of course doesn't recognise the tracking code.   

Jinxed it...   

Now the package is in Holland...   And delivery date is the 4th of june... 

• Sad 9

That Megatherium is an awesome model!

I wonder if the Hornslasher is a fantasy creature or based on a real prehistoric one, I can't think of a prehistoric equilavent.

• Like 2
1 hour ago, Glitterwolf said:

That Megatherium is an awesome model!

I wonder if the Hornslasher is a fantasy creature or based on a real prehistoric one, I can't think of a prehistoric equilavent.

I think it is a generic fantasy creature, nothing comes to mind that looks like that that existed, to me

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
1 minute ago, Sirithiliel said:

I think it is a generic fantasy creature, nothing comes to mind that looks like that that existed, to me

Yeah, that's what I was thinking as well, I can't find anything similar.

I asked because all the other in the Lost Valley pack at least somewhat resemble real megafauna/ dinosaurs etc..

• Like 3
3 hours ago, dice4hire said:

Im waiting on AU customs it seems. No Aetherworks yet.

On Reaper Live last night, they said that it was being delayed by Australian Customs having to fumigate the containers. Apparently the ship was infested with stinkbugs :blink:

• Confused 3
  • Sad 7
3 hours ago, Glitterwolf said:

Yeah, that's what I was thinking as well, I can't find anything similar.

I asked because all the other in the Lost Valley pack at least somewhat resemble real megafauna/ dinosaurs etc..

best i can think of is a excessively spikey version from the family Mahajangasuchidae, or land crocs. Maybe even Mahajangasuchus itself. Definitely not one of the longer-legged varieties like kaprosuchus. Its head isn't really croc-like like that family but it's the closest i've been able to match them

Edited by Sirithiliel
  • Like 4
3 hours ago, Kuroneko said:

On Reaper Live last night, they said that it was being delayed by Australian Customs having to fumigate the containers. Apparently the ship was infested with stinkbugs :blink:

To be fair, would one rather get a box of Bones with stinkbugs? Or without stinkbugs? Or even stinky bugs?

• Like 11