Reaper Bones 4: Enthusiasm and Commentary Thread

ladystorm

• Replies 18.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

2 minutes ago, Jessie said:

Telling me the value means I shouldn't complain is like telling me you got a bunch of radishes for 50% off when I've been asking for tomatoes.

BUT no one is forcing you to buy the core set OR the radishes.  So ask all you want but don't complain when what you want is not there.  Just do the easy choice of not paying for something you don't want.

• Like 4

While i don't need / want more goblins, or things we havea  ton of already like demons, I'm still in for the core set and I"m not faulting their inclusion into that core set

I just hope to see more of what i do want later down the line in this KS.

Things i don't want can always be chopped apart for corpse tokens or disarmed for weapon swaps

• Like 8

15 minutes ago, hungerfan said:

BUT no one is forcing you to buy the core set OR the radishes.  So ask all you want but don't complain when what you want is not there.  Just do the easy choice of not paying for something you don't want.

I'm sorry are my 4 posts on this thread really putting someone out? Taking up valuable digital space? How about we all express our opinions as we like in a friendly manner. I'm not sure why some get categorized as complaining when other critical posts do not. I have a few posts about the minis I'm excited about, presumably those ones are okay?

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Jessie said:

I'm sorry are my 4 posts on this thread really putting someone out? Taking up valuable digital space? How about we all express our opinions as we like in a friendly manner. I'm not sure why some get categorized as complaining when other critical posts do not. I have a few posts about the minis I'm excited about, presumably those ones are okay?

I don't see where he is attacking you for you to respond like that?

He's saying your comparison wasn't accurate, because if you to go a store for tomatoes and get radishes, you have a reason to be annoyed, but here you are not required to get the radishes and can just pick out the tomatoes you want to have?

I'm not sure where someone is criticizing you, but rather stating the KS is ala carte and you can pick what you want out of it? If you don't like the goblins and several other additions to the core set, you can buy the ones you DO want

just seems like a suddenly very aggressive and defensive response that i am not sure was warranted. Everyone can have their opinions, and i don't think anyone gets stifled here

Edited by Sirithiliel
  • Like 2

6 minutes ago, Jessie said:

I didn't say YOU were complaining.  Just that many others on KS comments were and about some silly things that could easily be fixed by not buying the core set.  My reply to you was because of the radish comment and I wanted to point out that I hate radishes and would never buy them even if that was all they had.  I would move on and use my money on something I did like.

Edited by hungerfan
EDIT: If I had read the next post I would have just made my reply "What Siri said." :)
  • Like 2

2 minutes ago, Jessie said:

Here is why I don't like that argument. There is a limited number of things that will get made in Bones during this Kickstarter. So it's not so much that one doesn't get dollar value from the core set, it's that space / releases taken up by creatures we already have (griffon, owlbear, another set of gobs that I didn't think we needed when they got released in B3) versus new creatures (certain elementals, more variety on certain giants, see my list from earlier).

That said I'm only complaining here amongst Reaper regulars and only because I'm a big Reaper fan and plan to be buying from them for years. There are some things that really got knocked out of the park. I just don't want to be in Bones 5 with some of my very basic gaming needs not met in Reaper's catalogue because they know goblins sell well but they can't kickstart existing goblins without irritating their retail so they just make a new sculpt to get around that (B3). Telling me the value means I shouldn't complain is like telling me you got a bunch of radishes for 50% off when I've been asking for tomatoes.

One, please understand that I also feel that people should be able to express their opinion, and I recognize the difference between expressing your opinion here, and someone who repeatedly espousing a negative view on KS.

I too would like my gaming needs met by Bones. I have no desire to drag heavy and painstaking painted metal figures with me to run PFS or other games. So filling holes is definitely one of my priorities. 

However, Reaper may have other reasons for needing different goblins than the sculpts they already have, and the PFS. 

And they may not be able to tell us what those are, but are likely based on excellent reasons, that we would be sympathic to if we could know. For example, if they projected in two years time they may no longer have certain licenses they may act now to make sure their line did not have holes. They wouldn't be able to say anything because that would pretty much be a diplomatic disaster all around, but it would be prudent for them to make those kinds of projections. I am not saying that is what is happening here but using it as an example of how and why we may not be able to understand why they take some of the actions they take. 

So I accept that some of their descisions I may not like, however  I know that despite having very good reasons for feeling the way I do, Reaper has to choose what is best for their company. So I have to decide where my own personal value lies in the project. To be honest I don't mind having the goblins but my own personal opinion is that I do not need any more long breaded pointy hat wizards. I have to decide if the core set is still worth it to me even with those models or if I will go piecemeal. What I personally decide really doesn't matter. Everything I contribute goes to unlocking more stuff. 

I do believe we can and should express our opinions in a productive way, as you have done here. 

My comment that you reference was in terms of the KS backers who go beyond stating their opinion and turn the tone of the comment section towards the unpleasant in an attempt to sway Reaper to their point of view. 

There are a lot of different view points, potentionally just as many as their are individual backers. Even without Reaper needing to balance the future needs of their business, there is no way that everyone will like every single thing, so they have to balance. And as such they will always make at least one choice that each of us dislikes. 

I am suggesting that if we all took a more zen like view point, and rid ourselves of the desire to change reapers goals to only that which please us, that we would have less negativity in the comment section, and as such may then continue a fun inviting environment that leads to unlocking more goals. 

Though at at the same time, that may be an unrealistic desire on my part.

• Like 5

1 minute ago, TaleSpinner said:

<MOD Voice>

Play nice....

</MOD Voice>

May I suggest we shift the tomato vs radish debate to something more cheerful. None of us are being forced to spend money.

.... I will blame Reaper for twisting my arm repeatedly (I know that my funding state is on me. I blame for amusement only).

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, Jessie said:

Maybe I don't understand. I'll take a step back if that helps keep the good vibe.

Meh it was just my wording.  Mostly referring to the collective "you"  of KS backers and their comments. It all got tangled up when I replied to your post here on the radishes. :)  

Back to goal speculations and stuffs.

• Like 3

I suppose I mean...the arguments of "no one's making you buy it" or "it's still a great deal" don't work on me so I wouldn't expect them to appease people in the KS comments.

A couple years ago I was backing a different Kickstarter and the fans of the brand were overwhelmingly negative towards anyone who criticized or questioned and it was just a huge echo chamber. I wouldn't want the same thing to happen here where we feel the need to gang up on people offering suggestions or mentioning what they don't like. Sometimes people just want to be heard. Snake boobs are a good example where it was just talked out here with people's concerns and no one said they couldn't express their opinion since no one was forcing them to buy it.

• Like 5

i've mentioned plenty of times in this thread that i didn't like the inclusion of yet more goblins and yet more demons in the core set, without anyone jumping on me about it

you're allowed to state what you dont' like, just Reaper are the ones with the business models and they're the ones that said only 20% of the backers are returning backers, so they include basic monsters in the core set for those new backers, and that's not going to change. 

We can continue to ask and plead for what we do want to get included as well, and you're quite free, we all are, to state what we dont' like about what's in there

but as Reaper says, what one person doesn't like (like Chibis) is what someone else expressly backs to get (like Chibis)

don't be afraid to say what you don't like. I will freely admit to not liking more goblins, more demons, or snake boobs. 

just be sure to try and put your voice in for what you DO want, and hope Reaper sees enough requests and puts it in

• Like 3

Suggestions for stuff to come are one thing.  Those complaints on KS about stuff added already are a different beast and should not really be there. Those items have been added and they will not be removed so just say "meh" and move on hoping they hear your voice and a future goal has something you like.  

[Again...the collective you/your is being used here. :)]

There are quite a few things in the core I doubt I would paint or in the expansion but after my daughter's eyes lit up when showing her some of the things in them I pretty much knew I was stuck $150 at least.  She is 7 1/2 and has been there with me since Bones 1.  So when she likes something I gotta get it even if I don't. Starting to think she works for Reaper.

• Like 11