Reaper Bones 4: Enthusiasm and Commentary Thread

ladystorm

• Replies 18.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

1 minute ago, tidtil said:

1. Hi, new to the forum and first time backer of the Bones KS. Only started painting recently and I am super excited to get my hands on these minis (I know, 2019 is a long way away).

Welcome! I got into mini painting because of Bones 1 KS, that wait for the first delivery was killer (good anticipation, but...). I ended up buying all the learn to paint kits that Reaper sold on their website while waiting. 

• Like 3

53 minutes ago, Doug Sundseth said:

Reaper has said that they don't offer parts of the core set separately early in the campaign. That's a late-campaign addition for reasons of developing and maintaining excitement.

(There are comments to that effect earlier in this thread; only 160 pages to read to find them. :poke:)

True. I even think it makes sense.

The only downside for me is that it makes it very hard to gauge my own pledge right now, because I can't be sure whether the core set has crossed the "buy this thing" vs. "pick up a few items" level yet.

Yeah, yeah. First world problems and all that. ::P:

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Dr.Bedlam said:

I grow irritable.

It's my own fault. Experience has taught me that the reading of comments sections on the Internet is all too often a waste of time, effort, and blood pressure medication. But some of the folks on the KS comments are really, REALLY, out of line. 

Perhaps I am too self centered. I tend to think most people think the same way I do (a fallacy if there ever was one). Y'see, I originally dropped a buck, just to be able to cherrypick from the items offered. After considering what was offered in the Core Set, and what was LIKELY to be offered as stretch goals, I changed my mind and dropped a C note, followed by some sawbucks as some of the add ons appeared and appealed to me.

I have not bought all the add ons. I don't want them all. And that's okay.

Screaming about how I don't want Skeletal Monsters and you're all a big doodoohead for putting them in there and you never add anything I want and wah wah wah... is not okay.

Y'see, I've already put IN for the stuff I want. I may pay more, as more is unlocked; I may not. Up to me. But as far as I'm concerned, anything added to the core set now is FREE. And it is not in my nature to complain about free things handed to me, unless they're going to be a hassle to dispose of, like used mattresses and large heavy appliances that don't work. 

So if Bryan is going to ship me his old mattresses and his burned out microwave as Special Stretch Goals, then he and I are going to have harsh words. But CHIBIS? Seriously, people? FREE chibis? I didn't WANT them, because I didn't know they EXISTED. As it is, I'll likely end up painting them for Dances With Mouselings and collect many smooches. At absolute worst, I'll give them to the kids at work.

What's the PROBLEM? Jeez.

And that Facebook jazz is why there exists an account for Tom O. Bedlam, and why there's this other account somewhere else under my right name that no one ever looks at except my coworkers and a few people I knew in high school.

Well some people will complain about everything.

If I get something for free I don't like, I will happily donate it in a box of goodwill or maybe even sell it on evilbay ( OMG free Money! The Horror!!!).

Or just give them to my nephews as toys.

As for fartbook, just not my thing, but I have no problems with it.

If I want to post about silly things or mundain activities to friends, I will post it here in the randomness...

• Like 2

34 minutes ago, Pingo said:

I don't Facebook, for one.

I daresay I may be missing useful things. But from what I hear I am also missing some very tedious and missable things.

About 40% of my Facebook feed has a striking resemblance to this forum.

• Like 5

3 minutes ago, tidtil said:

Yeah I got the one with the skeleton, knight and orc and played around with that. Think it actually turned out pretty well despite my complete lack of artistic ability.

Bones are great for gaming, but they are also great for practice.

The low-cost of Kickstarter Bones is remarkably freeing, when you want to try something crazy, silly, or unusually difficult.

I hope Bones IV enhances your experience so far!

• Like 8

2 minutes ago, klarg1 said:

The low-cost of Kickstarter Bones is remarkably freeing, when you want to try something crazy, silly, or unusually difficult.

I got about 100 minis from a friend's Descent v. 1 and they too are great for practice. Doesn't matter much if they don't turn out great since they were freee.

• Like 8

2 minutes ago, klarg1 said:

My new Pig Faced Orcs would never have happened if not for a largish bag of leftover Bones orcs. Not only good practice, but conversions are WAY easy.

• Like 6