Sign in to follow this  
ladystorm

Reaper Bones 4: Enthusiasm and Commentary Thread

I am liking those female fighters.  I think I will do a weapon swap on Dannin so she has dual daggers.

• Like 4

21 minutes ago, Thes Hunter said:

Anyone interested in an update on where the core set stands price per mini based on size?

Is that comparison useful?

Is this the cat that makes all the noise? She looks so much cuter than her voice. 

There's a reason why Buglips calls her Pack-A-Day. :lol:

• Like 4

Just now, Pezler the Polychromatic said:

There's a reason why Buglips calls her Pack-A-Day. :lol:

She is so young and cute looking. Maybe she really does smoke a pack a day!

• Like 3

On Monday, August 07, 2017 at 7:56 PM, Reaperbryan said:

You're new, and so you haven't heard me tell of my experiences over and over until you're bored of them. But Greyfax is a veteran user, and ha earned my wrath, first by trolling me deliberately, and then by bragging about it.

It's pretty much exactly what I said. Buglips was just being silly at a time when I was away. I might have been eating, sleeping, I don't know for sure. But For a period, the backers were amusing themselves. Buglips made a comment along similar lines, I don't recall exactly what, but he essentially promised that I had confirmed a specific model. By the time I came on to refute this, many people had seen the "confirmation" and left, missing my refutation. So the next goal comes up, and it's not what Buglips said it was, and I had to spend DAYS explaining to very angry people that claimed they had increased their pledge specifically to get the Buglips promise, and this was fraud, and I was a cheat and crook and a liar and more. 

So, given that backstory, please understand why I do not take lightly to pretending that I promised something I did not. I try to be clear when I am not being necessarily evasive.

Also, welcome to the boards. Don't let me scare you away.

I know my job around here is to take all the blame, but you mixed this story up a little.  I was actually the person fooled by other people joking around and thought we were getting a dragon that we actually were not.  Given some time I could find the specific thread, which was an excellent example of joke speculation gone wrong.  The only correction I had to make was to chase down people I personally know in order to set it straight.  I have not, to my knowledge, otherwise said we were getting a thing that was not a thing.  

• Like 14

I've stayed out of the comments since the first day, when I just said hello to everyone and then I let it play itself out. To me, there's too much carp in the comments of most (if not all) kickstarters and too many people complain/whine/elf/moan over stuff they want/need/must have and get mad when the creators don't do what they wish. It's best to stay in this fun playground and hang out with you goofballs and paint. So much less stress.

• Like 12

Yes I find this forum is way preferable

• Like 4

27 minutes ago, JDizzO said:

I am liking those female fighters.  I think I will do a weapon swap on Dannin so she has dual daggers.

I was more annoyed with mismatched weapons when playing D&D and pathfinder as it felt like the system punished you for not specializing.

• Like 2

36 minutes ago, ub3r_n3rd said:

I've stayed out of the comments since the first day, when I just said hello to everyone and then I let it play itself out. To me, there's too much carp in the comments of most (if not all) kickstarters and too many people complain/whine/elf/moan over stuff they want/need/must have and get mad when the creators don't do what they wish. It's best to stay in this fun playground and hang out with you goofballs and paint. So much less stress.

Pretty much this.

Now, if they could keep their whiny drama off the FB groups, I'd be wholly content (I use the words 'they' and 'their' as general coverage, I do not necessarily believe anyone here is doing 'whiny drama'). I'm a little grumpy, though. :/

• Like 5

23 hours ago, Sirithiliel said:

Roc?

Roc?

Til you drop.

Roc, roc, never stop!

The soundtrack never stops, folks.  Welcome to my mind.

• Like 8

I don't actually mind the KS comments and typically skim them as I walk to and from work at the moment.  Yes, there's occasionally people on them that annoy the gnomes out of me, but equally there's some funny stuff and some decent ideas, and I enjoy interacting with other backers and Reaper staff.

I'll cheerfully admit I get annoyed at people who assume they know how to run a miniature Kickstarter better than Reaper, but in the greater scheme of things it's minor and I can ignore them fairly easily.

So yeah.  There's some value to be had there especially in the interactions between Reaper and Backers - I think it helps build a sense of engagement and encourages people to participate in the conversation rather than sitting back passively and treating it as a pre-order.  And I like that aspect of it all.

• Like 5

I like playing the kickstarter comments game sometimes since it drums up interest in the campaign and I can help answer redundant questions.  I should be spending more time here though.

• Like 4

hmm i think i will carve the boobs off my snake enchantress lady when i have her. The way they're scaled looks weird to me xD and she is very obviously female with the thin waist, large hips, and slender head compared to the bulkier males.

i'm also tempted to sever the head of the skeletal manticore and the skeletal dire bear, and put the beaked head on the manticore to make a undead griffin (with green stuff to make the wings look like tattered feathers), and put the spare skulls on hte owlbear body to make it a normal bear

• Like 14

9 hours ago, NecroMancer said:

It seems like they are mostly desired by people who have been in the hobby for awhile and have painted darn near every type of creature, monster and hero so it is probably a nice mix up for them.

I am still new to the hobby so they don't appeal to me much.  That being said I'm super happy they are being added to the core set!  It will give me something new to try and who knows maybe I will fall in love with them maybe not.  But I am getting the core set anyways so it will be nice to get them through that instead of having to buy them separately which I might never do and might not find something I really enjoy to paint.

I say Bravo Reaper!  Great KS so far and I wish you all continued success!  Can't wait to see what our adventurers stumble across next

I have been painting a lot of stuff, mostly evil..some pesky Elves along the way though..

Never cared for Chibis, until I painted a mermaid Chibi for my stepvixen who is a synchronized swimmer.

Now I have some more waiting for me to paint them.

They're actually fun to paint, the big heads and eyes give you an excellent opportunity to paint eyes and skin better.

8 hours ago, Dai-Mongar said:

blogger-image--1060523746.jpg

Whoever converted that cow into a Dragon is a genius!

7 hours ago, Grayfax said:

Hmmm... so the tiger and the dragon, yin and yang... does that mean a sabretooth tiger dragon is the balanced whole? 

Nah... maybe just insane... tigers should not dream of flying through the sky

Beg to differ.

https://www.natotigers.org/

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Flying_Tigers

2 hours ago, Thes Hunter said:

I did not actually have a problem with this in regards to product. But I had a regular customer assume we were dating because he saw me in the store all the time. (I was working behind the counter, so I had to be at least marginally polite.) 

We typically used the same computer center nearby. One day while I was reading my email and chuckling, he looks over my shoulder and asks who the guy was I was emailing. And I was like "F Off." and he then gets all butt hurt because I was 'mean' to him and tries to turn everyone against me. I being the nerd I am, was somewhat oblivious to most of this. However one of the guys in the regular magic group asked me why I was so mean to him and I explained. It almost got him a butt whomping by most everyone in the store. My manager, the guys he had been gaming with, etc. It was then when I really realized how much of a creep he had been. And when I confronted him about it, he even said "But you were my girlfriend! and I should know who my girlfriend is emailing." and I was like "Exactly WHEN did this happen, and wouldn't I know about this?" Of course he tried to make the emotional argument that I didn't have to know, it was him to decide. Yeah, like I let that fly. Anyways, no swords were required, but he was pseudo banned from the store for a while. But I think it was mostly shame that kept him away. 

Just be glad you didn't get married without knowing..

2 hours ago, ub3r_n3rd said:

*** HRMPH!***

*** Files teeth, sharpens claws, attaches morning star to tail, dons armor***

*** GOOFBALL HUH?***

*** We need to "talk" ***

• Like 10

@Sirithiliel Ron's calling you out! Okay, well not you specifically, but your name jumped to the front of my mind. :P

Ron Hawkins about 3 hours ago

I love the options that the Skeletal Monsters pack offers. With those extra heads you can make a lot of skeletal critters. I want someone to make a winged skeletal owlbear!

Edited by pcktlnt
  • Like 9

Aye, but you will get people who whine because they feel the last 3 were better. Or something random, however constructive feedback would be more valued than throwing toys out the pram. 

From what I gather most of the people on this KS are new to the hobby entirely O.o so varied options is good.... Clearly others don't think so?

• Like 3