Reaper Bones 4: Enthusiasm and Commentary Thread

ladystorm

5 minutes ago, trappleton said:

It looks like a Reaper employee made many incendiary political remarks and targeted a particular individual on Facebook. Reaper became aware of the incident after it ended, and their Board of Directors appears to be investigating the issue.

People are treatenening to pull their pledges (supposedly did, but they are still commenting which makes me doubt their statement)  I'm waiting for the whole story rather than just piece cut from a fb discussion and pasted into imagur.

• Like 11

• Replies 18.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

10 minutes ago, trappleton said:

It looks like a Reaper employee made many incendiary political remarks and targeted a particular individual on Facebook. Reaper became aware of the incident after it ended, and their Board of Directors appears to be investigating the issue.

Ew. :unsure:

• Like 6

58 minutes ago, Mythral said:

I would disagree entirely. Never ending story is a great flick, if you look at it through the perspective of a child. Some of the greats came out of the 80's. 

Labrynth, The Dark Crystal, Dragonslayer, Willow... 

and my two personal favorites, Legend and Krull. I can't imagine someone making a better version of these movies even with CGI. Not to mention Conan or Red Sonja....

if if it weren't for Game of Thrones, fantasy would be in an age of decline.

I've recently embarked on checking out a lot of old-school and classic fantasy movies that I missed at the time by virtue of having not been born yet.  This weekend past was Hawk the Slayer, which I enjoyed thoroughly despite (or possibly because of) some delightfully low-budget effects.  Neverending Story is currently one of the options for next weekend.

• Like 8

12 hours ago, LittleBluberry said:

Once upon a time there was the Legion of Justice and Caeke.  And they were adorable, but the planned villain never made it past the concept art.  This is part of the reason why calls for a villain for the mouselings have surfaced, I think--it's the cute line that's sticking around for Reaper, and they deserve a bad guy that fits their theme. 

This is, of course, my opinion.  But from what I've heard mouselings do a lot to bring people to the hobby, which is good for everyone.  ^_^

Wow... there is so much I just don't know about that happened in the misty vapors of Yester-Reaper...

3 hours ago, Chris Palmer said:

That's what we need; a ship dragon!   :lol:

Ir better yet, a dragon ship!    Like in the book Midshipwizard Halcyon Blythe!

Emperor Elric would call them Battle-Barges, but you call the Dragons to assist with the ships, not turn them into one.  That's how you get the Mad Ship traders, or worse...

• Like 5

1 hour ago, Mythral said:

I would disagree entirely. Never ending story is a great flick, if you look at it through the perspective of a child. Some of the greats came out of the 80's. 

and my two personal favorites, Legend and Krull. I can't imagine someone making a better version of these movies even with CGI. Not to mention Conan or Red Sonja....

Sorry, but I saw most of those when they came out and several since. I know better.

Krull? Really?

And as for GoT? Nice production values. I'm glad you like it.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Smigg the Miserable said:

So many memories... and some I'll still watch even though they aren't as great as they once were.  Krull is still probably my favorite Suck Fairy bait.  Because the idea of the glaive (which caused me all kinds of trouble when I got into D&D) was amazing.  That's what I like about those movies though.  Not the acting.  Not the scenery.  The ideas that took me to different places in my youth.

2 minutes ago, Doug Sundseth said:

Sorry, but I saw most of those when they came out and several since. I know better.

Krull? Really?

And as for GoT? Nice production values. I'm glad you like it.

Yes. Krull.  Really.  Great show if you watched it at the right time in your life.  Doesn't mean most aspects of it weren't terrible.  But it fired my imagination.  

And GoT may have production values, but I'll still never watch it... because I could never sit down with my family and watch it.  

I guess in the end, I still fall for movies that make my imagination take off, regardless of whether other people like it or whether it is popular or never will be.

• Like 6

1 hour ago, Mythral said:

And you just listed most of my favourite movies. But they get a lot of nostalgia points. If you saw them now for the first time without already loving them, your opinion would probably be different.

There are 80's movies that some people absolutely adore that I haven't seen and refuse to see because I know I won't like them and I don't want to ruin someone else's fun with my cynical disposition.

That's why if someone were to watch The Dark Crystal now and tell me it's boring or silly or whatever, I wouldn't rage on them. I'd think they were wrong, but they're entitled to their opinion.

• Like 12

The total keeps reaching 187k and then falling back, so it's possible people are pulling their pledges. I keep forgetting to make a note of the backer count. That's a shame if so. Hopefully some of them will come back once the dust settles. 

• Like 5