Reaper Bones 4: Enthusiasm and Commentary Thread

ladystorm

• Replies 18.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

1 hour ago, jsalyers said:

What is the first model you'll paint from Bones 4 and why?

Well, I'd like to say one of the big models. But being honest.... probably a group of kobolds or mooks or a bunch of small terrain bits like the traffic cones. 

• Like 5

1 hour ago, jsalyers said:

A question to pass the time while we wait for the cat dragon next update.

What is the first model you'll paint from Bones 4 and why?

I'm not sure Cat Dragon is a valid answer but the judges might allow it.

I won't know until I get them. I might assemble Gauth first but as for painting? Probably something small and cute that catches my eye. Or something I realize I have a MIGHTY NEED to throw against some unsuspecting PCs.

• Like 3

Numbers Based on 1400-1500 Reaper time today:     
Total Gain Today:     $19,412
Total Gain 24 Hours:     $38,925
Current Goal:    $1,385,000
Total to Next Goal:     $17,482
New Backers This Hour:     5
Gain in last Hour:     $954
Current Average Pledge:     $124.93
Average Hourly Backers Today:     5.1
Average Hourly Backers 24 Hours:     5.2
Average Hourly Pledges Today:     $1,294
Average Hourly Pledges 24 Hours:     $1,622
Hours to next goal based on gains this hour:     18.3
Hours to next goal based on 24h Avg:     10.8

Current Total Pledges:     $1,367,518
Current Total Backers:     10,946
Previous Hour Total Pledges:     $1,366,564
Previous Hour Total Backers:     10,941

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Chris Palmer said:

Well, that explains why something I was trying to do with some of the "clear" paint didn't work...:blink:

You'd think they'd call it "pure" or something else to avoid the confusion...

That's why I'm always -very- careful to differentiate between the Reaper Clear paint range, and the Tamiya Clear paint range when taking about them.  The Tamiya Clears are a true translucent paint that are a svartalfar and a half to work with (to be honest, they act more like a tinted gloss sealer than a paint).  The Reaper Clears are not translucent at all (but do thin wonderfully for glazing).

• Like 8

I would say if the KS ended today, I would be most likely to paint the Tree, rowboat, raft, kobolds, and crocodile first. Though order is subject to change at any time.

23 minutes ago, T'hain Esh Kelch said:

I am still painting Bones I, sooo......

You don't have to paint them in order ya know?

Edited by Thes Hunter
  • Like 6

50 minutes ago, Pegazus said:

Never noticed the "Community" tab on the KS. Shows where the backers are from. Shows a bit why they picked U.K. and Australia for the hubs since they round out the top four after the US and Canada. Germany is a distant fifth. If backers is a useful proxy for customers in general, looks to be half their sales are on the island with the other half scattered across the EU.

Also interesting is that two Aussie cities are in the top five cities.

That is interesting.

On cities, I wonder whether part of that might be an artifact of many large US cities having much of the demographic most likely to buy into this sort of thing living in separately incorporated suburbs. I suspect Kickstarter reports by city name, not by MSA* name. Example of this effect: San Antonio is the 7th largest city and 24th largest metro area in the US.

Even with that, though, seeing Austin in the top five is unexpected.

* "Metropolitan Statistical Area"

• Like 5

Not sure how to link it, but Izzy has a picture of the Spirit Beast concept art (from the Dreadmere expansion) on her facebook, but in that picture the creature is summoned or something by a female mage with a bowl. That female mage hasn't made it to the campaign so far, right? Or am I going blind?

• Like 3

PACK TERRAPIN is likely what I would paint first.  Right up there with his handler.  That fellow, with a torch perhaps, matches a Player Character of mine.

In honor of Izzy's work, Terrapin Badges:

Because, why not?

• Like 5

2 hours ago, icarus231 said:

Are we getting one?

Other than the previews that have been shown here: http://www.reapermini.com/bones4   Reaper has not confirmed the contents of any future stretch goals. 

All of the mentions of a cat dragon you've been seeing have been enthusiastic requests for Reaper to make such a mini, not statements that one is being made or included in this Kickstarter. 

Huzzah!

--OneBoot :D

• Like 6