Previous Hour Total Pledges:     $1,583,298
Previous Hour Total Backers:     11,597

• Like 3

• Replies 18.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Cool, thanks! I'm always curious to hear about what other people do.

4 minutes ago, DragonWyrm said:

If you don't want to rebase you can always use the bases to make some terrain. Stack and glue them in certain ways to create rock formations.

Ohhhhh my lord I can't believe I didn't think of this. I'm definitely using my bases to make all sorts of terrain out of Sculpey and rocks I find in the park. Thank you!!

• Like 6

18 minutes ago, trappleton said:

I'm not going to be ungrateful for more stuff, but how many of you guys re-base your Bones? The integral bases have never left me wanting more. I know some of the arguments in favor of re-basing, but I still don't see the appeal.

Most of mine end up glued to washers just to keep them from tipping over during game play.  Sometimes I cut them at the feet and use a fancy sculpted base, if I have one that fits the theme.  I like the consistent look of round bases, and it gives people something to grab hold of when the figure needs to be moved on the map. 

• Like 5

I like having them on bases of a standard size for gaming because it makes it clear how much space on the map that creature is really supposed to take up/control/etc.

I rarely bother cutting off the built-in base though, I usually just work it into whatever terrain I put on the standardized base.  If that's not going to look right at all, then I'll worry about removing the integrated base.

• Like 10

8 minutes ago, trappleton said:

Cool, thanks! I'm always curious to hear about what other people do.

Ohhhhh my lord I can't believe I didn't think of this. I'm definitely using my bases to make all sorts of terrain out of Sculpey and rocks I find in the park. Thank you!!

My daughter was 5 when I first showed her the basing stuff I learned at Rcon a couple years ago.  This was her first base for a mini she painted.  Notice the "stone" she is standing on is in the shape of a square base. :)  I thought it was a pretty good idea and was impressed with what she came up with for the base.

Spoiler

599d91a20f414_2015-05-1720_36.26-cropped.jpg.d2aae2d1ff49e4071667ccc5bfd84eca.jpg

• Like 10

1 hour ago, Nunae said:

How do those older Reaper Minis hold up with the new ones in terms of scale creep btw?

And no worries, I hadn't even noticed, the Reaper pages takes ages to load all the pictures for me ^^

I have been wondering this as well.  Especially concerning the new hill giants compared to the ones in retail right now.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Nunae said:

Are those actually available as 3-packs? I found the individual figures, but no bundles.

1 hour ago, Pochi said:

1 hour ago, Pochi said:

Oops, wrong soldier chicks, these are the ones that were posted before with the shield.

http://www.reapermini.com/OnlineStore/sandra garrity/sku-down/03327

If you go to the Reaper store and do a search for Sandra Garrity, you get all of her sculpts. Scroll through, she has a lot of multi packs available including more packs of females like a rogue pack.

1 hour ago, redambrosia said:

Sandra Garrity's sculpts are fantastic. I don't think their style is popular right now, so they might not make it into bones, but they're still my favorites.

I got the first set, the three casters, a long time ago.  They are gorgeous.

http://forum.reapermini.com/index.php?/topic/49261-02042-marith-of-the-flame-sandra-garrity/

http://forum.reapermini.com/index.php?/topic/66617-02075-katarina-the-invoker/

http://forum.reapermini.com/index.php?/topic/66619-02115-mishka-the-mystic/

They fit fine with modern figures, to my eye. The figures I painted in the links are on one-inch fender washers so you can gauge their size.

• Like 5

42 minutes ago, trappleton said:

I'm not going to be ungrateful for more stuff, but how many of you guys re-base your Bones? The integral bases have never left me wanting more. I know some of the arguments in favor of re-basing, but I still don't see the appeal.

I do much of the time. Mostly I play large scale battle games where man sized minis are on 20 mm or 25 mm square bases (more rarely 25mm rounds), ogre sized on 50 mm x 50mm, cavalry on 25 mm x 50mm and large monsters on 75 mm x 75mm or whatever fits. A lot of the time I just glue the mini as is to an appropriate sized base. Sometimes the Bones mini is oversized compared to others in it's group so I chop off the broccoli and/or use a thin base for it while giving the others a thick base. I'm fine with some variety in height and size but sometimes it's a bit much and many Reaper minis are on the large end of the scale for me. If it wasn't for fitting into units and the game rules I'd likely only rebase a handful instead of most.

• Like 6

49 minutes ago, trappleton said:

Frequently, but not always. I like to take the reaper base flip it over, and then set the integrated base inside the hard plastic base. 

It gives a better place to grab them mini so the paint doesn't zipper off from the bottom. Also gives a nice bit of extra weight/rigidity.

• Like 7

1 hour ago, trappleton said:

I've rebased quite a few. The bones being bendy means that the figure doesn't always have the support to prevent tipping over.

• Like 3

*grumnlepoliticsmuttersnarl*

I /really/ want to rant. I'm going to go slobber over some DRAGON! and squee about goblin minis instead.

And be amused, because moar bases. While I don't use them very often, when I do, they're very, VERY useful. I might have to grab some of the larger ones that are starting to come up available to stabilize some of my larger DRAGON! minis. Some of them are prone to faceplant or yawing over. :/

• Like 2

Numbers Based on 0900-1000 Reaper time today:     
Total Gain Today:    $15,441
Total Gain 24 Hours:     $60,495
Current Goal:    $1,615,000
Total to Next Goal:     $28,208
New Backers This Hour:     8
Gain in last Hour:     $2,391
Current Average Pledge:     $136.70
Average Hourly Backers Today:     3.7
Average Hourly Backers 24 Hours:     5.3
Average Hourly Pledges Today:     $1,544