Reaper Bones 4: Enthusiasm and Commentary Thread

ladystorm

5 hours ago, trappleton said:

I'm not going to be ungrateful for more stuff, but how many of you guys re-base your Bones? The integral bases have never left me wanting more. I know some of the arguments in favor of re-basing, but I still don't see the appeal.

The appeal of the one inch rounds is turning them upside down, dropping the integral base inside, glue in place: done. 

That ^ works well combined with this:

I rarely bother cutting off the built-in base though, I usually just work it into whatever terrain I put on the standardized base.  If that's not going to look right at all, then I'll worry about removing the integrated base.

• Like 3

• Replies 18.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

58 minutes ago, Xiwo Xerase said:

In the 1" round bases on the store (74035), I put two 3/4" diameter fender washers inside the base and then a 1" diameter fender washer on the bottom.  I don't have any 2" bases yet so I can't help with those.

I'll have to find those and see how they work for me. 2" should hopefully use 1" washers, ill need to play around with what I have:)

52 minutes ago, icarus231 said:

All that is missing are dragons. Especially cat dragons

Still holding out hope here also!

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, Ratmaster2000 said:

I'll have to find those and see how they work for me. 2" should hopefully use 1" washers, ill need to play around with what I have:)

Still holding out hope here also!

You can get 2" fender washers, which should fit neatly over the bottom of a 2" base. 

• Like 1

I use the magnetic bases for my Western minis.  I transported them to Conventions when I GMd a Western RPG.  With four scrap boards to make the sides and top and bottom.  Saw cuts  for three levels of several 1" or 2" wide metal shelves and Plexiglas front and back so you can see the minis.  A handle and a strap to carry it and I was done.  It does not look pretty but it stays together and the minis get damaged less.  It is heavy.  Most of my western minis are metal.  Fully loaded it is about 40 lbs

• Like 4

goal    difference    hours
1615000    $17,037    7.375632753
1665000    $67,037    29.02132985
1710000    $112,037    48.50245724
1775000    $177,037    76.64186346

Based on the current 24 hour average

• Like 6

2 minutes ago, Crowley said:

goal    difference    hours
1615000    $17,037    7.375632753
1665000    $67,037    29.02132985
1710000    $112,037    48.50245724
1775000    $177,037    76.64186346

Based on the current 24 hour average

This is a great stat block!

Really puts perspective on the whole thing.

Edited by tidtil
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, Pangolin d'AntEater said:

Not so many Dragons in this KS so far. since I am somebody who always says you can't have enough dragons, would have thought was a bad thingg, though this time around I think it is actually a good thing and will allow for even more giants and rocs etc.... One reason why I have changed my mind on numbers of dragons etc is beacuse I have just received KS 3 here in the UK. This means I opened a Mal Drakar!!!!!!  My goodness, it's enormous!!! Even bigger than it looked in the pictures in KS3... In fact, because I have no where to be able to build it for a while, I shouldn't have taken it out of the box, cos it must have grown when it was out...... It WON'T FIT back in the box.... and I'm not silly enough to try wrestling an enormous multi-headed dragon which will remember every indignity.

Was it in a plain brown box? 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Asoares said:

We keep most of ours in a tool box and some in the D&D chest but both those are already pretty full so I have no clue where I'm gonna put all the ks ones when they come. My mom doesn't want boxes and boxes of D&D stuff just stacked around and there's no room in any of the 3 closets really so its less a problem of how to store the minis and more a problem of not having a place to put the storage

Welcome to the wonderful world of gaming and miniatures. There is never enough storage or space, you're going to have to get used to that fact.   Meanwhile maybe you and your mom can work out an acceptable storage solution, maybe a shelving unit or new chest of drawers to keep everything neat and tucked away. 

Unless she is ready to help you get your own apartment. :D

1 minute ago, Limey72 said:

I have a crazy cat lady from reaper in metal but I can't remember the name

Edna. https://www.reapermini.com/OnlineStore/Chronoscope/sku-down/50235

Edited by Inarah
  • Like 2

3 hours ago, Pezler the Polychromatic said:

I concede the point, good sir, though that one is not as good as a painting reference. Unless.......hmmmmmmm......

Well it's probably a real good paint stripper...

• Like 1

Numbers Based on 1400-1500 Reaper time today:     
Total Gain Today:    $29,065
Total Gain 24 Hours:     $54,402
Current Goal:    $1,615,000
Total to Next Goal:     $14,584
New Backers This Hour:     10
Gain in last Hour:     $2,453
Current Average Pledge:     $137.17
Average Hourly Backers Today:     6.4
Average Hourly Backers 24 Hours:     6.5
Average Hourly Pledges Today:     $1,938