Sign in to follow this  
ladystorm

Reaper Bones 4: Enthusiasm and Commentary Thread

8 minutes ago, Limey72 said:

Well got in early #35 then had to run out.  Quick question what is number 13 in the core set it looks familiar

It's that sweet chaos lord figure that Kuro painted last year.  I think the original was limited or resin.  All I recall for sure was that a) he looked sweet and b) i wanted him!

EDIT:
Here he is

Edited by Dr_Automaton
  • Like 4

Just asked for some Dallas Cowboys bones minis in the comments section and Reaper bod on duty informs me that they don't have a licence to produce Dallas Cowboys minis. Think I'm going to drop Jerry and the lads a line to see if they'll do me a favour in return for all those years of eating food whilst watching them play colonial football. It'll be some payback for the weeks of my life I've lost to commercial breaks in NFL broadcasts 

Edited by Beagle
  • Like 7

4 minutes ago, Dai-Mongar said:

Not just you. The wraiths are cool, but I'm not sure if they're worth pledging for by themselves. I'll put a dollar in if nothing else to get access to the pledge manager.

Could be that my enthusiasm is dampened by still waiting on my Bones 3 rewards. Not that I'm bitter about it, but it does make me think twice.

Right there with you. I wish the wraiths would have been part of core, with the animals being the optional items. I think at this point, there are more than enough animals and goblins in the core set. On to the good stuff!

The M:F ratio does seem a bit out of whack. With Reaper's history I'm willing to give 'em the benefit of the doubt, and the benefit of day 1 of a long campaign. I do really hope they can balance it out though.

• Like 4

And is it just me, or will there be a split off to the building on the first map to maybe an expansion? see how the road keeps going, but there is also a star at the door of the building? Guess we will see.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, terminalmancer said:

The M:F ratio does seem a bit out of whack. With Reaper's history I'm willing to give 'em the benefit of the doubt, and the benefit of day 1 of a long campaign. I do really hope they can balance it out though.

Definitely need a few more female wraiths. I know there are no physical characteristics to distinguish them but I assume their ragged robes and chains would be a bit more coordinated than those of the male versions.

Edited by Beagle
  • Like 5

27 minutes ago, trappleton said:

Also, man. A lady "greybeard" -- not with an actual beard, but just a Helen Mirren-type older wizard lady -- that would be a rad mini to see!

Or a lady greybeard wearing a fake beard, with obvious string holding it in place?

"Greetings my brother wizards!' ::P:

Though I would actually very much like to see some older female wizards/witches as well.

The Auld Grump

• Like 11

17 minutes ago, Argentee said:

I like the minitaurs. The more unusual sculpts are really grabbing me. 

carefull once they grab ya they will gore you to death

• Like 1

Just now, TheAuldGrump said:

Or a lady greybeard wearing a fake beard, with obvious string holding it in place?

I don't care if it's purple, I have a mighty need for this. MIGHTY NEED!

• Like 3

Just now, NebulousMissy said:

I don't care if it's purple, I have a mighty need for this. MIGHTY NEED!

Yentil! I love the idea!

• Like 1

59 minutes ago, trappleton said:

You guys, I think the Minitaur Leader is wearing pants made of skinned human faces. :blink:

Look up 'Nábrók ' for horrible leg wear....

The Auld Grump - I still have not used them in a game, but... *shudder*

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, Ratmaster2000 said:

And is it just me, or will there be a split off to the building on the first map to maybe an expansion? see how the road keeps going, but there is also a star at the door of the building? Guess we will see.

I do not see this star you are speaking of. 

18 minutes ago, TheAuldGrump said:

Though I would actually very much like to see some older female wizards/witches as well.

The Auld Grump

Older females, without being horribly withered crones.

• Like 7