Sign in to follow this  
ladystorm

Reaper Bones 4: Enthusiasm and Commentary Thread

14 minutes ago, Crowley said:

Still going strong!! I like it!! Keep it up!

Yep, the halfway point to the next goal is already in the rearview mirror and we're still keeping up a decent pace.

• Like 5

4 minutes ago, Pineapple said:

Yep, the halfway point to the next goal is already in the rearview mirror and we're still keeping up a decent pace.

Let's hope we keep chugging along overnight...

I just found out that I'm not only older than my entire D&D group (which I new) I've been DMing since before 3/4 of them were even BORN!! 

• Like 20

I hate to say this, but all the stuff they're addin' to the core set is stuff I would have paid extra for...

• Like 14

Just now, Dr.Bedlam said:

I hate to say this, but all the stuff they're addin' to the core set is stuff I would have paid extra for...

Shhhhhhhh 

• Like 11

Hi all.     I know I asked this early on and since we are down to the last few days, I thought I would ask again.  When/if do we expect the minis in the core set that have been added on to be able to add on separately like as in past KS?   This KS is really really light on my pledge amount since nothing is really jumping out at me.  That being said, there several groups of minis that have been added into the core set that I would add to my pledge.  I know what you are thinking, why don't I just add the core set?  Well, I don't want the majority of the minis.  I have 3 lifetimes worth of mini's as it is and don't need to add a ton more when I could add the ones I want. I will end up just buying them retail if I have to but would prefer to add them here if I can. 

So, if anyone has any info about the possibility of them being available like that of the past, I would love to hear about it?   Thanks D

• Like 5

2 minutes ago, torrenofamber said:

Hi all.     I know I asked this early on and since we are down to the last few days, I thought I would ask again.  When/if do we expect the minis in the core set that have been added on to be able to add on separately like as in past KS?   This KS is really really light on my pledge amount since nothing is really jumping out at me.  That being said, there several groups of minis that have been added into the core set that I would add to my pledge.  I know what you are thinking, why don't I just add the core set?  Well, I don't want the majority of the minis.  I have 3 lifetimes worth of mini's as it is and don't need to add a ton more when I could add the ones I want. I will end up just buying them retail if I have to but would prefer to add them here if I can. 

So, if anyone has any info about the possibility of them being available like that of the past, I would love to hear about it?   Thanks D

Probably like the last few days (maybe wed. or thursday), if I had to guess. I am sure they do not want to do a breakup till much closer to the end so not to take away what they are trying to get out. I am sure it will happen.

My question is for those who have done this before: Do you need to have the core set first to get the breakout sets? I mean I am anyways probably, but if money doesnt go as planned, just want to know my options:)

11 minutes ago, Ratmaster2000 said:

My question is for those who have done this before: Do you need to have the core set first to get the breakout sets? I mean I am anyways probably, but if money doesnt go as planned, just want to know my options:)

No, you can spend your money in any variation of unlocked sets.

Examples:

1. 2 Core Sets
  2. 1 Core set + 2 expansion
  3. 20 Baba yaga huts
  4. 2 expansions
  5. 2 paint sets B, 1 paint set A, Rocky, Dice things

Edited by pcktlnt
  • Like 6

11 minutes ago, Ratmaster2000 said:

Probably like the last few days (maybe wed. or thursday), if I had to guess. I am sure they do not want to do a breakup till much closer to the end so not to take away what they are trying to get out. I am sure it will happen.

they usually get split into 2-8 dollar sections of how they were unlocked during the kickstarter and you can cherry pick the ones you want

except for the initial core set which was the top 20 minis and the 24 goblins will if it was like bones 3 get in its own set for 60 dollars but i don't remember if their were more minis or less in that core so that price could fluctuate

• Like 4

14 minutes ago, Ratmaster2000 said:

I have never tried it that way. But I think it was allowed to get breakout sets without a full core set.

20 minutes ago, torrenofamber said:

An alternate strategy is:

-get the core,

-split it into keepers and else,

-put the "else" up for sale in related batches on eBay. 

For a span of a few weeks or a couple of months after you've received your core set, the only source of those models will be sales on eBay. You might make back the $100. 

• Like 7

8 hours ago, JDizzO said:

I would think this has something to do with the lack of cavalry.  Reaper tried it, and disappointed their customers by not being able to bring it to retail due to issues*.  If they think there is the possibility of issues* again, I would think they would avoid them.

*whatever the reason was

Sorry Chaos Wolf::P:

Um, the "issue" with Sir Danel was that his hand was backwards and/or swapped left to right.  Given that Reaper manages to make lots of non-cavalry units with their hands NOT backwards leads me to think that they could overcome this one if they put sufficient thought into it.  :rolleyes: 

Come on, Reaper, loose the cavalry charge!!! 

• Like 9

I'm not sold on the new expansion yet, but I think I could easily be swayed depending on what else is planned for it (assuming we hit enough pledges to unlock it, which I hope we do). I'm heartened by the incision of some straight up dinosaurs in the first tier. I hope there'll be more (c'mooon triceratops).

• Like 5

I would like to see cavalry also. I'd like to see lion headed horse cavalry. Horse body, lion head. There is a medieval manuscript that imagines such a thing. 

188a200f0f875080a15ae766381a2d2c.jpg

The serpent tails are an option, but not necessary. Massive shire horse ankles need to be standard issue.

A medieval tarrasque would be fun. Also known from the medieval imagination:

413671.jpg.feca717c5a833e58d16c56cd9e966

latest?cb=20140319115817

With some tweaking, to make it less odd and more fearsome?

And for a third item for a Menace From Manuscripts add-on, how about a Celtic Knotwork creature? I don't have a picture to link. But a knotwork Wyrm, or Golem, or just a Wyrde indescribable beastie —any of those would serve. 

• Like 9

Numbers Based on 2200-2300 Reaper time today:     
Total Gain Today:    $61,304
Total Gain 24 Hours:     $62,772
Current Goal:    $1,875,000
Total to Next Goal:     $21,774
New Backers This Hour:     13
Gain in last Hour:     $4,261
Current Average Pledge:     $147.68
Average Hourly Backers Today:     7.7
Average Hourly Backers 24 Hours:     7.4
Average Hourly Pledges Today:     $2,665
Average Hourly Pledges 24 Hours:     $2,616
Hours to next goal based on gains this hour:     5.1
Hours to next goal based on 24h Avg:     8.3

Current Total Pledges:     $1,853,226
Current Total Backers:     12,549
Previous Hour Total Pledges:     $1,848,965
Previous Hour Total Backers:     12,536

• Like 5

1 hour ago, Ratmaster2000 said:

You are not required to select any reward to get add-ons, or expansions, core break out sets. If all you want is the $X dollar core break out set, then that's all you have to get.

My guess as to when the break out will happen, yeah, weds or right after the next core unlock.

• Like 7

Numbers Based on 2300-2400 Reaper time today:     
Total Gain Today:    $64,833
Total Gain 24 Hours:     $64,833
Current Goal:    $1,875,000
Total to Next Goal:     $18,245
New Backers This Hour:     13
Gain in last Hour:     $3,529
Current Average Pledge:     $147.81
Average Hourly Backers Today:     7.9
Average Hourly Backers 24 Hours:     7.9
Average Hourly Pledges Today:     $2,701