Reaper Bones 4: Enthusiasm and Commentary Thread

ladystorm

1 minute ago, Dr_Automaton said:

Ooh!  Chronoscope expansion!  Lotta cool figures in there, but something seems to be missing (*cough* robot *cough*).  Surely, one will find its way in there by the end of the campaign. . . .

Well there are expansion stretch goals so we can hope!

and I'm glad Chronoscope is it's own expansion so those who don't want chocolate in their peanut butter will have less to complain about. 

Robots! Female space adventurers in go-go boots or cloaks with absurdly high collars! More ray guns! Moar!

• Like 10

• Replies 18.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

11 minutes ago, Ratmaster2000 said:

Actually, neither do I:( I meant to say question mark. Sorry.

Now I get what you are meaning. :lol:

When I first looked at the image, I wondered if they were going to break apart in two paths as well. But it feels a bit early for them to add an expansion (But then again, what do I know?). When I was looking for the star, I noticed that the street doesn't actually break off. And the adventurers have been following the street. The curb at that corner is exactly like the curb further up in the image, so I am guessing they will not split off at that spot. 

But then again, I'm just guessing. :lol: 

---

Ha ha ha... j/k. Nothing like an update to come out while you are typing to directly contradict what you just wrote. :blush:

Edited by Thes Hunter
  • Like 6

I'll be curious to see how this progresses and what the other expansions are. I'm not into chronoscape (but it's exciting for those that are that there's a whole expansion!), so I'll be eager to know what the others are. Liking the look of most of the models so far! My wallet isn't though. 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, TheHetman said:

Apparently the Chronoscope expansion doesn't unlock until $595K.  $795K is the second part of the expansion.

Hoping there is something for the core or another add on BEFORE the expansion, or else I see momentum being lost.

3 minutes ago, Thes Hunter said:

Now I get what you are meaning. :lol:

When I first looked at the image, I wondered if they were going to break apart in two paths as well. But it feels a bit early for them to add an expansion (But then again, what do I know?). When I was looking for the star, I noticed that the street doesn't actually break off. And the adventurers have been following the street. The curb at that corner is exactly like the curb further up in the image, so I am guessing they will not split off at that spot. 

But then again, I'm just guessing. :lol: 

Looking at the map, I can see the expansion theory working:)

In the past, there has always been a 'Chronoscope' one (last time it was Mythos, the time before it was Sci-fi), and another as a kinda grab bag Fantasy one. In Bones 2 there were 2 grab bag fantasy ones, but some of the criticism was that people wanted more themed sets. So in Bones 3, they made a grab bag Fantasy and the Graveyard set. Bones 1 did not have any expansions, Bones 2 & 3 both had 3 expansion sets. A 4th was a possibility, but the funding didn't go high enough. We will see how many expansions are released before this ends.

• Like 3

I wasnt expecting an expansion for quite a while so I am excited to see one! I am not a huge Sci-Fi fan so Chronoscope is not for me, however I am really glad to see it in its own expansion. While I doubt I will get it (unless my husband falls in love - he does like Sci-Fi), I do think there are some amazing models in it. I look forward to seeing what else there is. 

• Like 5

From a marketing perspective, it may be good to get some sci-fi/pulp in early. There are some for who fantasy is not their thing. I KNOW. It's hard for me to imagine too.

Anyways, people like what they like. And if they are unfamiliar with Reaper and Reaper KS they may check out the page and think "Nope. Nothing for me." By getting it out early, with the excitement getting eye balls to come oggle at the initial offerings, Reaper at least lets them know there is something here for them as well. It is not going to be only fantasy.

Edited by Thes Hunter
  • Like 10

2 minutes ago, Harrek said:

Chronoscope expansion will save me money.

agree!

oh and I just noticed this in the last e-mail, looks like I nailed it:)

Looking ahead, our heroes are staying out of that dark alley for a little while, but there’s something really strange. A bunch of sci-fi models? That’s right - it’s a Chronoscope Expansion! This set includes all the model pictured below for only $50! And there's more models to be added to it later!

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, Thes Hunter said:

From a marketing perspective, it may be good to get some sci-fi/pulp in early. There are some who for them fantasy is not their thing. I KNOW. It's hard for me to imagine.

Anyways, people like what they like. And if they are unfamiliar with Reaper and Reaper KS they may check out the page and think "Nope. Nothing for me." By getting it out early, with the excitement getting eye balls to come goggle at the initial offerings, Reaper at least lets them know there is something here for them as well. It is not going to be only fantasy.

Alternatively, if they get the sci-fi/pulp out of the way early, it will mean more of the future stretch goals are fantasy, which are the most popular and might be more useful during the mid-Kickstarter doldrums.

• Like 1