ladystorm

• Replies 18.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

1 hour ago, Sirithiliel said:

I am debating dropping the hill giant hunter and getting his cat at retail

Do we know if they'll be sold separately at retail?  Given that the Fire Giant is holding his Hell Hound's chain, my guess was that each giant hunter variant would be sold as a set with his or her animal companion.

Edited by Dr_Automaton
Typos (every time!)
  • Like 5

9 minutes ago, Dr_Automaton said:

Do we know if they'll be sold separately at retail?  Given that the Fire Giant is holding his Hell Hound's chain, my guess was that each giant hunter variant would be sold as a set with his or her animal companion.

Seems reasonable, but since we don't know the retail price yet and final packaging has yet to be determined, it's not a bad gamble to hold off and hope the cat's separate. Especially when the alternative is to get another set at retail that you know you want all of...

---------------

I know fantasy sells better than sci fi, but I can't help but hope that Reaper finds a way to sneak some new sci-fi heroes in somewhere, core set or otherwise. Starfinder continues to sell out and crush projections, and more than that--I'm going to be playing it, and I won't have minis for any of my characters! The Chronoscope offerings this time around are pretty pulpy, not really a great fit. There's just a small handful that are appropriate, not quite enough to make the expansion worth it to me...

Edited by terminalmancer
Bad merge of two posts that are TOTALLY DIFFERENT
  • Like 4

10 minutes ago, Dr_Automaton said:

the fire giant and dog i could see as one, with how interconnected they are, but i'm not so sure about the other two since their animals are just animals, not tied to the model themselves like the chain is for the dog and fire giant

• Like 3

Okay so Darkreach is now the best bang for buck in the expansions at 47 (maybe 46, is the beetle rider detachable?), just ahead of dreadmere at 43. Both sets have largish size mini's so definitely I'll want these two. Chronoscope not so much. Dance of death is on my list, hope we see it soon (probably not till 2 more reveals at least). Man, so much for not getting much:(

• Like 5

Numbers Based on 1200-1300 Reaper time today:     
Total Gain Today:    $53,980
Total Gain 24 Hours:     $101,056
Current Goal:    $1,935,000
Total to Next Goal:     $24,264
New Backers This Hour:     26
Gain in last Hour:     $4,370
Current Average Pledge:     $149.24
Average Hourly Backers Today:     18.5
Average Hourly Backers 24 Hours:     15.6
Average Hourly Pledges Today:     $4,152
Average Hourly Pledges 24 Hours:     $4,211
Hours to next goal based on gains this hour:     5.6
Hours to next goal based on 24h Avg:     5.8

Current Total Pledges:     $1,910,736
Current Total Backers:     12,803
Previous Hour Total Pledges:     $1,906,365
Previous Hour Total Backers:     12,777

• Like 3

i'm in for so much so far...

Core

Darkreach

Dreadmere

Fire Giant / Hound

Frostraiders / Wolf

Roc

Skeletal Monsters

Dragon Turtle

Zombie Dragon

Paint Sets A/B

Trolls

Hill Giant Hunter (considering dropping him)

Dance of Death (when it shows up)
Blacksting (when it shows up)

Maybe:

Lost valley

Rocky the Red

• Like 6

Easier to say what I am not getting

Rocky Dragon

Statues Male/Female

Modern Scenics

King of Jungle

King Cobra

Cronoscope

Trolls-(forgot these)

I am still on the fence for the Kings.  Having a hard time justifying $30 for 2 King Cobras that will probably just be used as a terrain prop.  I probably will end up getting the King of Jungle for the throne, but I want to see some more scaled shots first to make sure the throne will look good for giants.  This also does not include all the duplicates of core items I will be getting.  Not sure how I am going to spend more on this than B3, but I am sure that Reaper planned it that way!

Edited by JDizzO
  • Like 5

Just now, terminalmancer said:

We're in the foothills of the 48hr mountain. Make sure you have your climbing gear!

Oh yeah. Can't wait until the final day. Previous kickstarters have made from around ~$500,000 - ~$750,000 in that timeframe. Here's hoping we do just as well!

• Like 6

This kickstarter has been superior to the others, IMO. The models are better, the expansions are amazing, and the add ons are super cool. I walked from B3 with the core, stone skull, the crusaders, the frost giants, and extra hobs. This one is going to dwarf that by a huge margin. 

• Like 11