Reaper Bones 4: Enthusiasm and Commentary Thread

ladystorm

Fortunately for my wallet, I'm not seeing anything I can't live without yet - except for the High Rollers... ::D:  I'll be getting at least two sets of those, lol.

I may have to start up a gaming group just so I have an excuse to someday unleash those guys on the party as a rampaging band of deranged modrons.

• Like 10

• Replies 18.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I was joking yesterday that I hope there's not much that I like but enough stuff other people like so that Reaper could have a successful KS... So far that's exactly what's happened.

I like the Fire Huntsman and Fire Demon but not sure if I'll pledge just for those. Although if they break up the core set I might be interested in a few of those. 

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, NecroMancer said:

I was joking yesterday that I hope there's not much that I like but enough stuff other people like so that Reaper could have a successful KS... So far that's exactly what's happened.

I like the Fire Huntsman and Fire Demon but not sure if I'll pledge just for those. Although if they break up the core set I might be interested in a few of those. 

They usually do toward the end, in groups. Though can't guarantee that that will happen. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Sylverthorne said:

With the guards down, how can you tell? Decent armor doesn't usually show anything interesting. :/

Fair point. Though they could keep the helmets off too. In all honesty though, to be fair, I am not actually upset with Reaper -- especially since its way too early to say that they are not sufficiently representative. However, I think that perhaps it might make sense from a PR standpoint to keep things a bit more equal in the early going (where people are most likely to notice a discrepancy). I also think that perhaps it was a bit more noticeable given that Reaper generally is very representative, so I think it was just a bit surprising is all. Nothing that would have made me not purchase mind you. I just personally would not mind seeing them push both genders a bit more is all, especially since there is already such a stereotype that these hobbies (particularly the gaming side) are heavily male dominated. Would be nice to be a bit more welcoming to the other side as well.

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, Thes Hunter said:

They usually do toward the end, in groups. Though can't guarantee that that will happen. 

We are likely to end up breaking the Core Set up into sub-units later in the project. Early on, it's confusing to people why they would pay $5 each for 6 groups, versus $100 for the whole thing, but if we wait until later when the $100 item is the CLEAR better value, it works ok.

Of course, we're doing some things differently this time, and may crate different divisions than we have done in the past, as well.

6 minutes ago, Reaperbryan said:

We are likely to end up breaking the Core Set up into sub-units later in the project. Early on, it's confusing to people why they would pay $5 each for 6 groups, versus $100 for the whole thing, but if we wait until later when the $100 item is the CLEAR better value, it works ok.

Of course, we're doing some things differently this time, and may crate different divisions than we have done in the past, as well.

hmm interesting. I"ll have to see what i want ends up being

i definitely do not need 20+ new goblins though

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Sirithiliel said:

hmm interesting. I"ll have to see what i want ends up being

i definitely do not need 20+ new goblins though

Don't we always need 20 moar goblins?

• Like 4

For the most part the packs of monsters that they offer has been consistently useless to me.  But the stuff I get in the core set typically is worth getting some stuff I don't want. 

I do wish that if they redo anything that they redo their Black Orc, Gnolls, and bugbears.  Mostly just so they fit on 28mm bases instead of 40mm...

6 minutes ago, Gargs said:

Don't we always need 20 moar goblins?

not us. We have a ton of goblins from bones 1, 2, and 3. 

I really would have liked to see something more unique as the bonus pack of baddies, something we don't already have a lot of in Bones

generic bandit thugs would've been fabulous

i dunno, the core set just isn't doing it for me. Gauth is nice but not something i need, i prefer made-for-Bones dragons. There isn't enough in the core set to say 'i must have this', and if anything, 20+ goblins is making me not want it all the more lol\

i like the townsfolk, and dire animals. i hope there are more townsfolk coming

• Like 8