Reaper Bones 4: Enthusiasm and Commentary Thread

11 minutes ago, Brennor said:

Reaper has been listening. You've not been the only one requesting most of these things.

Makes me think Reaper is a lot like Santa; they know what you've been wanting, they know if you've been naughty or nice, and they deliver great toys!  (Hopefully they don't see you when your sleeping though! :blink:

• Like 8
  • Replies 18.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

4 hours ago, Laoke said:

There's an even easier solution - handle the reshipping yourself.  I did for Bones 3 and it was competitive in pricing to the Reaper shipping option to New Zealand, I had them delivered about 6 weeks before the Asia-Pacific container landed in Australia, and the lack of frustration was amazing.

If your country has a limit below which it doesn't collect VAT then you might be able to structure your shipments such that you don't have any duty to pay - that's the case in NZ but I suspect Europe is a bit more restrictive on such things.

But, if shipping is causing you pericombobulations I'd strongly recommend taking as much ownership of the issue as you can.

Edit w/ more details

3 hours ago, Laoke said:

I used the NZ Post "YouShop" service - basically, I backed as if I was in the US, had it sent to their warehouse in Portland, Oregon, and from there it got reshipped to Auckland, New Zealand. 

There are other reshipping services available - one I looked into for price comparison was shipitto which might be a good option for people outside NZ.  Shop around, check out your options.

This sounds like it might be a better option for those that are worried about paying VAT twice.  I'm in the US so am spoiled and don't know Jack about any of this stuff.  Feel bad for Reaper trying to make the best of a complicated situation.

Edited by JDizzO
  • Like 3
45 minutes ago, Crowley said:

Numbers Based on 0800-0900 Reaper time today:     
Total Gain Today:    $49,415

Outpacing yesterday by a significant margin ($18,993). Roughly on par with August 2nd. Yesterday outpaced the 2nd by the end of the day though. Looking good!

• Like 5
31 minutes ago, Nunae said:

Reaper now needs to collect VAT before shipping to the UK hub. So all the EU backers need to hand over 20% more. This update came in right at the 48 hour mark. 

Some questions on that remain open, e. g. what happens if the UK leaves the EU before we get our stuff. I'm confident we will get an update on that soon though.

Understood that part of it. I was thinking about previous Bones Kickstarters. I should have been more clear in that question.

20 minutes ago, Chris Palmer said:

Makes me think Reaper is a lot like Santa; they know what you've been wanting, they know if you've been naughty or nice, and they deliver great toys!  (Hopefully they don't see you when your sleeping though! :blink:

You may be right.

Definitely hope they don't see you when you are sleeping though... maybe that is why some of the minis are so large, the better to hide cameras within?

• Like 3

Numbers Based on 0900-1000 Reaper time today:     
Total Gain Today:    $59,040
Total Gain 24 Hours:     $180,209
Current Goal:    $2,290,000
Total to Next Goal:     $1,660
New Backers This Hour:     32
Gain in last Hour:     $9,625
Current Average Pledge:     $162.35
Average Hourly Backers Today:     21.6
Average Hourly Backers 24 Hours:     26.9
Average Hourly Pledges Today:     $5,904
Average Hourly Pledges 24 Hours:     $7,509
Hours to next goal based on gains this hour:     0.2
Hours to next goal based on 24h Avg:     0.2

Current Total Pledges:     $2,288,340
Current Total Backers:     14,095
Previous Hour Total Pledges:     $2,278,715
Previous Hour Total Backers:     14,063

• Like 4
6 minutes ago, Brennor said:
38 minutes ago, Nunae said:

Reaper now needs to collect VAT before shipping to the UK hub. So all the EU backers need to hand over 20% more. This update came in right at the 48 hour mark. 

Some questions on that remain open, e. g. what happens if the UK leaves the EU before we get our stuff. I'm confident we will get an update on that soon though.

Understood that part of it. I was thinking about previous Bones Kickstarters. I should have been more clear in that question.

Previously everyone had to take care of their VAT and customs by themselves. Bones 3 EU backers apparently didn't pay VAT at all, cause it was surprise shipped from inside the EU, without collecting VAT previously. So that was kind of the assumption for some backers, especially since the original information did list taxes for some regions, like Texas or the UK, but not for the rest of the EU.

In theory, having everything taken care of before my package arrives is a plus - no handling fees, no driving to the customs office, no postman who just accepts cash. But some people have been left wondering if this deal really benefits them, cause their country doesn't have a no-VAT agreement with the UK. So in theory, Reaper would pay the VAT for importing into GB, and the backer would pay VAT again for importing into their own country. Noone wants that ofc.

Potentially, this could be all of us if the UK somehow elfs up their post-Brexit negotiations.

I am a bit more confident after I read the comments by Reaper though.

Edited by Nunae
  • Like 2