Reaper Bones 4: Enthusiasm and Commentary Thread

ladystorm

• Replies 18.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

1 minute ago, Dilvish the Deliverer said:

YES! In the five style that I keep hyping!  And more!  As an add-on so I can get 10= copies!

What is the five style?

(btw someone might have posted something about the not-Stegadon and the not-Carnosaur on the Lizardman army forum... ) :ph34r:

• Like 6

I know it seems odd that Reaper just can't say 'Of course if Brexit would elf you over, we'll just ship from the US instead'. But we don't know what their legal contracts with their distribution centers say, and I doubt Ron or Bryan knows word-for-word either. Contracts are long, evil things. International contracts are WORSE. That's what legal departments are for. And something I've learned working as convention staff, you do not comment on contracts (ESPECIALLY on pending contracts) unless you've been cleared to do so. So Reaper is falling back on statements of principles, such as that they won't collect taxes unless they can pay them on your behalf, because doing so otherwise would be illegal.

If the worries about VAT are too much for you, drop to the $1 level.

Brexit isn't scheduled to be completed until April 2019 currently, and that's IF the current negotiations finish between October and December of this year. The timeline could change. And there are over 700 treaties that the UK will have to renegotiate.

If the governments aren't sure what is going to happen, what chance does a mini company have of knowing?

-----------

Ooooo! Blacktooth! A T-Rex by any other name... and I like the pose!

• Like 13

6 minutes ago, terminalmancer said:

I just want to register my terrific disappointment in the 80's-style therapod sculpts for the raptors and rex. We know, at this point, that the various raptors had feathers!

I have so much disappointment, in fact, that I'm going to get one anyway, just to spite you. :)

Personally, I like the "dinosaur" look. Yeah, we know they were a bunch of angry chickens on steroids, but the LIZARD look is still embedded in many of our hearts.

• Like 10

10 minutes ago, terminalmancer said:

I just want to register my terrific disappointment in the 80's-style therapod sculpts for the raptors and rex. We know, at this point, that the various raptors had feathers!

I have so much disappointment, in fact, that I'm going to get one anyway, just to spite you. :)

these just have bird mange or something, even more dangerous because they're sick and angry :P

• Like 7

Numbers Based on 1000-1100 Reaper time today:     
Total Gain Today:    $74,917
Total Gain 24 Hours:     $191,097
Current Goal:    $2,380,000
Total to Next Goal:     $75,783
New Backers This Hour:     40
Gain in last Hour:     $15,877
Current Average Pledge:     $163.02
Average Hourly Backers Today:     23.3
Average Hourly Backers 24 Hours:     27.7
Average Hourly Pledges Today:     $6,811
Average Hourly Pledges 24 Hours:     $7,962
Hours to next goal based on gains this hour:     4.8
Hours to next goal based on 24h Avg:     9.5

Current Total Pledges:     $2,304,217
Current Total Backers:     14,135
Previous Hour Total Pledges:     $2,288,340
Previous Hour Total Backers:     14,095

8 minutes ago, Mythral said:

Personally, I like the "dinosaur" look. Yeah, we know they were a bunch of angry chickens on steroids, but the LIZARD look is still embedded in many of our hearts.

They're molting... Come on now...

And we don't really know how gathered they were, or how developed the feathers were. Chances are a lot of them had... Well... Fluffy feathers.

• Like 2

20 minutes ago, TGP said:

What is the five style?

(btw someone might have posted something about the not-Stegadon and the not-Carnosaur on the Lizardman army forum... ) :ph34r:

I want cavalry in these five sculpts: http://forum.reapermini.com/index.php?/topic/75913-reaper-bones-4-enthusiasm-and-commentary-thread/&do=findComment&comment=1602698

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, trappleton said:

Anyone else notice that $2,380,000 is the highest revealed goal, both on the map and on the T Rex? That seems... unusual.

In the past, Reaper has always scaled back the distance out that they reveal on the second to last day so that the KS doesn't end with a load of revealed yet unfunded minis.  I assume that they are doing the same thing now.

• Like 15

Just now, Mythral said:

In part, because people continue producing art with 40-year-old interpretations of archosaurian integument*. :)

*Skins, shells, and the various things sticking out of them that cover an animal

Anyway, I can be grumpy about it, or I can show you awesome new things. So: awesome art! I think these look much better than the old reptilian look, myself:

Spoiler

deinonychus-family.jpg

(Deinonychus family from Emily Wilooughby)

Parvicursor+%25C2%25A9+Egerkrans.jpg

Johan Egerkraans' Parvicursor, with a more simplified artistic style

4618567694.jpg

(more deinonychus, from Mark Witton)

• Like 14

1 minute ago, TaleSpinner said:

In the past, Reaper has always scaled back the distance out that they reveal on the second to last day so that the KS doesn't end with a load of revealed yet unfunded minis.  I assume that they are doing the same thing now.

Gotcha, that makes sense. Well, let's raise some money, folks! I gots to see what's behind those doors!

• Like 5