Reaper Bones 4: Enthusiasm and Commentary Thread

ladystorm

1 minute ago, terminalmancer said:

In part, because people continue producing art with 40-year-old interpretations of archosaurian integument*. :)

*Skins, shells, and the various things sticking out of them that cover an animal

Anyway, I can be grumpy about it, or I can show you awesome new things. So: awesome art! I think these look much better than the old reptilian look, myself:

Hide contents

deinonychus-family.jpg

(Deinonychus family from Emily Wilooughby)

Parvicursor+%25C2%25A9+Egerkrans.jpg

Johan Egerkraans' Parvicursor, with a more simplified artistic style

4618567694.jpg

(more deinonychus, from Mark Witton)

This (more accurate) interpretation causes me to believe that if non-avian dinosaurs existed today, they'd be much more likely to stop traffic than eat people.

Jurassic Park II's opening is the worst for this. Those compsognathuses are pigeon-sized! I'm surrounded by pigeons constantly and have yet to be eaten by them!

• Like 9

• Replies 18.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

1 minute ago, TaleSpinner said:

Not yet.  I know approximately when (if) they (4) will be revealed, depending on pledging.  Let's just say I'm on the edge of my seat. These campaigns are really not good for my blood pressure.

Looking forward to it! You said the minis was something you don't normally sculpt?

• Like 2

The Dino's are really cool.  I'm on the fence currently.  Only because  I've been waiting for some nasty ol' dragons to be added to the stretch goals!

i need dragons to make me blow the budget and my wallet scream for mercy.

• Like 2