Jump to content

Reaper Bones 4: Enthusiasm and Commentary Thread


ladystorm
 Share

Recommended Posts

25 minutes ago, terminalmancer said:

 

Yeah. The price for Ma'al was absolutely absurd. And it's not Reaper's fault, that's just what it costs. Of course, there wasn't anything special about resin Ma'al other than it being resin. Resin Nethyrmaul sold out pretty quick, but that was special in other ways...

 

How was Nethyrmaul different? Resin is pricier, but how much pricier? Ma'al was seriously bigger? That isn't a miniature anymore. That's legitimate baby dragon sized at that point. On a figure that large, how much does the crisper detail show in resin versus other material? 

 

SO MANY QUESTIONS! *squeeeeee* 

 

I'm already planning color schemes for DoD. GAHHHH. 

  • Like 3
Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • Replies 18.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

2 minutes ago, ladystorm said:

Will we have them on display? My understanding is yes, we will.

 

That's so cool!  I'm jealous of all those who will attend!

 

I know I asked awhile ago but can't remember what was said in response.  Is the party livestreamed at all?

Edited by NecroMancer
  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, NecroMancer said:

That's so cool!  I'm jealous of all those who will attend!

 

I know I asked awhile ago but can't remember what was said in response.  Is the party livestreamed at all?

I think that is the plan.  If nothing else I'm sure lots of us will fire  up facebook live :)

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, NecroMancer said:

That's so cool!  I'm jealous of all those who will attend!

 

I know I asked awhile ago but can't remember what was said in response.  Is the party livestreamed at all?

My understanding is they hope to stream some portions.  I am not in the planning loop so I can't clarify further.

  • Like 8
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Numbers Based on 1200-1300 Reaper time today:     
Total Gain Today:    $110,768
Total Gain 24 Hours:     $217,824
Current Goal:    $2,380,000
Total to Next Goal:     $39,932
New Backers This Hour:     37
Gain in last Hour:     $20,933
Current Average Pledge:     $164.64
Average Hourly Backers Today:     25.7
Average Hourly Backers 24 Hours:     29.8
Average Hourly Pledges Today:     $8,521
Average Hourly Pledges 24 Hours:     $9,076
Hours to next goal based on gains this hour:     1.9
Hours to next goal based on 24h Avg:     4.4
    
Current Total Pledges:     $2,340,068
Current Total Backers:     14,213
Previous Hour Total Pledges:     $2,319,135
Previous Hour Total Backers:     14,176

  • Like 5
Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • Moderator
54 minutes ago, Pegazus said:

I go to sleep for a mere 16 hours and you all filled up the thread. All caught up now.

 

Just one question....

 

... why is @TaleSpinner sculpting prehistoric bread boxes?!

 

Dang it, I thought I was being so subtle and all. 

 

25 minutes ago, klarg1 said:

 

But... that could be anything!

 

 

But not soylent green, I don't do people...much.

  • Like 15
Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 minutes ago, emmagine said:

I think that is the plan.  If nothing else I'm sure lots of us will fire  up facebook live :)

I sure hope so... no Facebook for me though so I wouldn't be able to watch FB live.

 

If nothing else maybe someone could take some pictures and post them here.

  • Like 3
Link to comment
Share on other sites

13 minutes ago, Cyradis said:

 

How was Nethyrmaul different? Resin is pricier, but how much pricier? Ma'al was seriously bigger? That isn't a miniature anymore. That's legitimate baby dragon sized at that point. On a figure that large, how much does the crisper detail show in resin versus other material? 

 

SO MANY QUESTIONS! *squeeeeee* 

 

I'm already planning color schemes for DoD. GAHHHH. 

 

11 minutes ago, Sirithiliel said:

Nethyrmaul, if I remember, was larger in its resin model

 

 

The resin version of Nethyrmaul was scaled to the same size as Julie's original Green (which was substantially larger than the final Bones version). As far as I am aware, the resin version of Ma'aldrakar was the same size as the Bones, just realized in a higher-fidelity material.

 

I would have to know the price of a resin "Dance of Death" before I even thought about it. $500 is just not feasible for me. ($30 on the other hand, is totally doable.)

 

6 minutes ago, TaleSpinner said:

 

Dang it, I thought I was being so subtle and all. 

 

 

But not soylent green, I don't do people...much.

 

http://www.reapermini.com/OnlineStore/coraline/latest/50309

 

:poke:

 

Edited by klarg1
  • Like 4
Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 minutes ago, emmagine said:

 

5 minutes ago, NecroMancer said:

I sure hope so... no Facebook for me though so I wouldn't be able to watch FB live.

 

If nothing else maybe someone could take some pictures and post them here.

Will do!

 

 

 

Yes, please post photos of the party!

  • Like 4
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.
 Share

×
×
  • Create New...