Reaper Bones 4: Enthusiasm and Commentary Thread

ladystorm

• Replies 18.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

So everyone warned me about the craziness that is a Bones KS and how fast and exciting it is...  No one prepared me for the fallout for when the KS is over and I have no stretch goals to checkout and I can read the previous night's comments in just a couple of minutes.  I feel lost.  I hope once the PM opens up that people trickle back in here!

• Like 11

1 hour ago, redambrosia said:

I'm seriously thinking of getting two of the rulers of hell, just to mod one as rulers of the forest too. I'd just need to make some pretty fairy wings...

::o:

That's brilliant!

• Like 6

5 hours ago, Kro said:

The real question to ask is are you still going to be painting things in 2 years? If you are, why wouldn't you want to get the paints at less than half what you could get them at retail (from reaper at least)

If they were colors I was likely to use I would have jumped on it. My paints are starting to run out and get old and that is a steal deal.  But I have a set of favorite colors and Set A isn't it.  Set B is also a big nope.  For new painters and people who haven't settled on a palette, great deal, go for it. 

• Like 5

3 minutes ago, Inarah said:

If they were colors I was likely to use I would have jumped on it. My paints are starting to run out and get old and that is a steal deal.  But I have a set of favorite colors and Set A isn't it.  Set B is also a big nope.  For new painters and people who haven't settled on a palette, great deal, go for it. 

I basically agree. The only caveat is that if you're counting on the paint sets for basic colors, what are you going to be using between now and 2019?

The sets are a great deal if you already have enough paint but enough is never enough for you. :rolleyes:

That's been me until this project, honestly, but I'm finding myself cutting way back on the paints I want to carry to paint group, so adding more of the same seems like it might be even less sensible than it was for the last several projects.

• Like 5

2 hours ago, dice4hire said:

I got the new paints last time, but not really sure about this paints this time. Teh Feb delivery worries me a bit as my paints will go to Austrailia and then to Japan, so two chances to freeze on the way. I know Australia will be summer but the ship to Aus will be traveling through winter also. 

I think many Canadians who also pledged on the paints have this on their mind.

Especially if the shipment goes through with UPS again. They don't do PO box addresses, and by the time I make them understand that "NO! you can't leave it outside in freezing weather", the paints are at risk of freezing/thawing several times.

Edited by Cranky Dog
  • Like 3

1 hour ago, Glitterwolf said:

I hadn't thought of that!

*** Little voice..see? Keep the Demon Girl and paint the Male as a Satyr!!!***

I'm helping!

19 minutes ago, Pingo said:

::o:

That's brilliant!

I can't take credit for the idea. Someone else posted the idea many pages ago. I happened to think it was brilliant also ^_^

• Like 6

4 minutes ago, Cranky Dog said:

I think many Canadians who also pledged on the paints have this on their mind.

Especially if the shipment goes through with UPS again. They don't do PO box addresses, and by the time I make them understand that "NO! you can't leave it outside in freezing weather", the paints are at risk of freezing/thawing several times.

Any paints that are damaged in transit will be covered by our warranty replacement, and would be eligible to be replaced for no charge. As a courtesy we ask that you wait to ask for replacement until the threat of freezing is minimal.

38 minutes ago, NecroMancer said:

So everyone warned me about the craziness that is a Bones KS and how fast and exciting it is...  No one prepared me for the fallout for when the KS is over and I have no stretch goals to checkout and I can read the previous night's comments in just a couple of minutes.  I feel lost.  I hope once the PM opens up that people trickle back in here!

Oh you think it is bad now? Just wait until we start getting vague rumors in the future surrounding an announcement of the Bones V Kickstarter.. Your whole endocrine system will go completely bonkers in anticipation! ^_^

• Like 10

10 minutes ago, PaganMegan said:

I can't believe the spell checker let Yggsdrasil pass!

I've found that my spell checker has started checking Japanese Romanji dictionaries for words that I hadn't used before and suddenly new words are being corrected or passed. I may do a lot of Japanese fiber art research.

• Like 6