Jump to content

Reaper Bones 4: Enthusiasm and Commentary Thread


ladystorm
 Share

Recommended Posts

  • Replies 18.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I dont know about everyone else but I have backed all of the Bones KSs & every time I have got a core set. I definitely have more bones than I know what to do with but there is usually too much that I want in the core set to walk past that value.

That said I can understand why returning backers might only go for options.

  • Like 5
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, hungerfan said:

I may have missed her post then. When I got to work this morning there were so many pages of stuff here and most of it was not things I cared to read so I skipped to the last page or two.

 

Her summaries start at the top of page 49, but took multiple posts.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

4th Bones KS, 4th core set. 

 

I've been doing a 5 minis a day for 30 days push...  a week left and I should make it. But it's proven to me that even when I slack off some that I should be able to work through a good chunk of my stash before Bones 4 arrives in 18 months. 

  • Like 13
Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 minutes ago, babbles said:

I dont know about everyone else but I have backed all of the Bones KSs & every time I have got a core set. I definitely have more bones than I know what to do with but there is usually too much that I want in the core set to walk past that value.

That said I can understand why returning backers might only go for options.

 

Oh, I've got 3 core sets.  It's just...  I'm overwhelmed with Bones.  I have a ton already, and if there's something I decide I want from the core I'll either buy it in metal or buy it later.  I mean, I love the pig with the pumpkin cart, but I could wait on pretty much everything else.  

 

Personally I'm holding out for Baba Yaga's hut.  :;):

  • Like 7
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Indeed, i like the Townsfolk and Dire Animals, will definitely get those parts of the core set

I like some of the figures in the main core set, but not enough to warrant spending $100 to get them when it'd be cheaper to just pick up the small add ons I like

I really don't want 24 goblins xD i know i could probably shove them in a box and mail them off to someone, but still, i am admittedly disappointed to see MORE goblins and MORE generic demons when we could've had things less represented in Bones. I'd love more specific and unique demons over the standard ones we already have a lot of xD

But i say this as someone who owns most of the minis from the other Kickstarters, so I am a bit biased because I already have lots of those things, so seeing  more doesn't impress me or interest me.

I'm waiting for the new and exciting stuff that'll hopefully come. That griffin looks amazing, cannot wait for that.

And I always like dragons (there are so many dragon types, i can use more to get more species options to game with)

  • Like 7
Link to comment
Share on other sites

4th KS for me, 4th time getting the core.  I still have unpainted minis from each of the previous Kickstarters, but then I paint really, really slowly.  It's just nice to have tons of options for painting when I do eventually get around to it.

  • Like 5
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Good morning beautiful people,. I am really digging the core set and as I missed bones one and two I am not snowed under by NPC minis, those knights will compliment the crusaders very well I think.  Paint the crusaders nice and clean and the Knights well weathered.  I was thinking and it may not be feasible buy how easy would it be to make a set or two of human sized lower halves in a riding position,. Waist down so with a little work you can add the upper halves of other minis and put em on mounts.  That may be way too much of a niche need to be popular 

  • Like 4
Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 minutes ago, Sirithiliel said:


I really don't want 24 goblins xD i know i could probably shove them in a box and mail them off to someone, but still, i am admittedly disappointed to see MORE goblins and MORE generic demons when we could've had things less represented in Bones. I'd love more specific and unique demons over the standard ones we already have a lot of xD

But i say this as someone who owns most of the minis from the other Kickstarters, so I am a bit biased because I already have lots of those things, so seeing  more doesn't impress me or interest me.

I'd like chime in that statistically, we have only had a 20% return rate of backers form previous projects, so while this is your experience, and I do not wish to dismiss or discount it, for 80% of our backers, this is their first Bones KS, and to them it is ALL new and exciting. Well, mostly, at any rate. We have a diverse customer base to anticipate the needs of, and prepare for, and that means that common fantasy races and themes are repeated often.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

12 minutes ago, Gargs said:

 

Her summaries start at the top of page 49, but took multiple posts.

 

THANKS!  All caught up for day 1.  That was a lot of reading. :)  Now to just make sure I don't skip the page when she does an update of comments for today.

  • Like 3
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Just now, Reaperbryan said:

I'd like chime in that statistically, we have only had a 20% return rate of backers form previous projects, so while this is your experience, and I do not wish to dismiss or discount it, for 80% of our backers, this is their first Bones KS, and to them it is ALL new and exciting. Well, mostly, at any rate. We have a diverse customer base to anticipate the needs of, and prepare for, and that means that common fantasy races and themes are repeated often.

Only a 20% return rate!?! Wow... I mean... Wow...

 

I expected out to be way higher. Has that been consistent since the first one?

  • Like 8
Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 minutes ago, Crowley said:

Only a 20% return rate!?! Wow... I mean... Wow...

 

I expected out to be way higher. Has that been consistent since the first one?

within 3% points, each project has had approximately 20% of it's backers have a pledge in one or more of the prior projects.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.
 Share

×
×
  • Create New...