Reaper Bones 4: Enthusiasm and Commentary Thread

ladystorm

• Replies 18.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

39 minutes ago, Reaperbryan said:

I'd like chime in that statistically, we have only had a 20% return rate of backers form previous projects, so while this is your experience, and I do not wish to dismiss or discount it, for 80% of our backers, this is their first Bones KS, and to them it is ALL new and exciting. Well, mostly, at any rate. We have a diverse customer base to anticipate the needs of, and prepare for, and that means that common fantasy races and themes are repeated often.

Wow only 20%?

So only 20% of the backers visit this forum?

• Like 11

5 hours ago, Grayfax said:

Bryan said there will be some terrain... but that's all he said.  No idea how that will turn out or theme...

If they are smart it will be terrain that would be hard to scratchbuild. 

4 hours ago, Crowley said:

*Begins chanting*

Gazebo!

Gazebo!

Gazebo!

Like a gazebo. (No idea what I would use one for but it would be a spot of bother to do from scratch.)

1 hour ago, hungerfan said:

I thought @OneBoot was going to be posting official Reaper comments here for those of us who do not wish to go there and filter through it all. ::hint hint::

She has to sleep sometime. (Sleep is not overrated despite what might be found as captions on internet memes.)

4 minutes ago, Nunae said:

Just realized how smart the 32 days of campaign move was. That way, people could be able to put their September budget in when it still helps SGs, instead of into the Pledge manager.

Reaper is run by accountants...

Edited by TGP
  • Like 6

4 minutes ago, Glitterwolf said:

Wow only 20%?

So only 20% of the backers visit this forum?

I did not see this quote from Bryan.

i understand the reasoning

can I push for more townsfolk and bandits? Those will be useful for new backers and returning backers alike and would make me quite happy

Edited by Sirithiliel
  • Like 10

22 minutes ago, Pineapple said:

I'm a first time backer and I love the selection so far. If it ended today I'd feel like I got my money's worth, but knowing that there's more cool stuff on the way it's going to be awesome. 

I don't know that I *need* 24 goblins, but averaged out you're getting them for less than you'd normally pay for 12, so that's awesome. I can let my kids paint some or try out a variety of color schemes. (Ooh, some ice blue arctic gobbos....)

18 minutes ago, JDizzO said:

Yeah since I already know I will be getting the core, I will probably paint the goblins up differently than my others and use them as forest goblins.  You know since the KS for forest goblins fell through.  I guess I currently only have one of each of these goblin sculpts, glad I didn't get multiples in B3.

Shhhhhh.... @buglips*the*goblin Isn't looking. He's off doing some daft thing like trying to paint maldrakkar in 7 days. 

But.... I think we should alll paint some of our 24 goblins BLUE. He'll sure like that. It'll make him feel at home. 

Ok, we can paint a couple of them tangerine orange as well. Sure.

• Like 10

1 minute ago, Thes Hunter said:

Shhhhhh.... @buglips*the*goblin Isn't looking. He's off doing some daft thing like trying to paint maldrakkar in 7 days. 

But.... I think we should alll paint some of our 24 goblins BLUE. He'll sure like that. It'll make him feel at home. 

Ok, we can paint a couple of them tangerine orange as well. Sure.

No blues.  I'll come to your house.  Don't think I won't come to your house.

• Like 10

9 minutes ago, Cyradis said:

How do the Bones paints differ from from standard Reaper paint lines? Better for Bones, I assume. Work well on other stuff too I hope?

The bones name on them is just marketing.  They are essentially the same as the HD paints they already offer.  They fill in color holes.

• Like 4

1 hour ago, Reaperbryan said:

Truth. I'll nbc doing that myself shortly to generate a "Reaperbryan's greatest hits" file so I can stop typing bloody everything over and over

I look forward to Bones V's question-answering BryanBotTM.

Backer1234: I hate option 3! I want more of option 4!

BryanBot: We try to have something for everyone. Hopefully you'll see something else you like soon!

Backer9998: Can I lock in my pledge manager now?

BryanBot: The pledge manager will be open until July 31st.

Backer83558: I want a Froghemoth!

BryanBot: KILL ALL HUMANS

BryanBot: I mean, we did that in Bones III

Backer1234: Wait, what?

::D:

• Like 14

10 minutes ago, Nunae said:

Just realized how smart the 32 days of campaign move was. That way, people could be able to put their September budget in when it still helps SGs, instead of into the Pledge manager.

And since I had notice of it in July, I could save some from that month as well.

• Like 2

Just now, Harrek said:

The bones name on them is just marketing.  They are essentially the same as the HD paints they already offer.  They fill in color holes.

Wonderful! Thank you!

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, buglips*the*goblin said:

No blues.  I'll come to your house.  Don't think I won't come to your house.

Wait, so if we paint a goblin blue we get a visit from the Magnificent Buglips?  Do we get multiple visits for multiple blue goblins?  Because, I'm thinking I might need to stock up on blue paint!

• Like 13

1 minute ago, Cyradis said:

Wonderful! Thank you!

And they are incredible paints.  I look at them first before moving to my other Reaper colors when I want something to start with.  Looking forward to more in the line in the future.

• Like 6

36 minutes ago, Sirithiliel said:

I like dragons to paint for display

I'd love more NPCs, i really would!

But to me, NPCs are not armored adventurers. They are people in town, since that is who most NPCs are in our games. I would love a lot lot LOT more townsfolk so that the town actually feels like a town, and not a set of 3 quadruplets running everything =P

I love the PC variety and options, but NPCs / Townsfolk are what i need most

I could also use a LOT of generic thugs and bandits, rather than more goblins. I have a lot of goblins. I only have 3 bandits. And i don't mean plate armored, sword and shield wielding people. The 4 bandits in Bones 3 expansion were amazing, and exactly what i'm wanting for low level thug enemies

34 minutes ago, terminalmancer said:

Ain't that the truth. Every time we have some new townsfolk show up I get excited, Kickstarter or no. The halfling farmers, the elven blacksmith... lovely sculpts, and so useful besides!

I love the NPC models - my husband I get so excited for them - often more so than the big dragons (though I do like dragons). A lot of my wishlist is types of NPCs
- Prisoners & Sacrfices & Frightened townfolk
- Nobility & Royalty
- Bandits
- Generic Bard
- Tavern Dwellers/Drunks (sitting on keg/stool drinking & standing)
- Angry Mob
- Farmers

• Like 9

• Members
37 minutes ago, Thes Hunter said:

Of course Murphey's law dictates that I own none of the paints in this pint set.

I uh.. have no such dilema... I may need to build a room just for paint

I'd take a 24 pack of undead.. 6 ghouls, 6 zombies, 6 skeletons, 3 ghasts, 3 wights

Oh and the 4th Barrow Warden.. because there are only 3 of the 4 and my OCD is killing me lol

Edited by SamuraiJack
  • Like 12

did I read somewhere that the new KS the white bones will be.a little darker, one of the reasons I did not buy any bones at retail for awhile was I could not see the detail very well in the packaging.  Now bear in mind my eyes are pretty bad without my reading glasses for detail 

• Like 5