Sign in to follow this  
ladystorm

Reaper Bones 4: Enthusiasm and Commentary Thread

3 minutes ago, Reaperbryan said:

Stars. Not Right. Can't do it.

so you're saying we need to shove stars around? PREPARE THE STAR DOZER!

• Like 8

2 minutes ago, NecroMancer said:

DRAGONS!  

Maybe I was a little harsh with my comment because there are a couple things I might grab out of the core set if it gets broken up.  But I don't game so towns folk don't appeal to me and neither do goblins or kobolds.  And I don't really like very many of the core set sculpts that I like, I think several look pretty similar to options already provided from Reaper.

I guess I do like the Fire Huntsman and the Bedeviled.  

1...2...3 words :rolleyes:

Honestly, Dragons are something that you can count on somewhere in the KS.  So many people want dragons that Reaper always provides some

• Like 3

I want to see more fun things like the dice people.  They look like a fun project to paint and even my daughter would enjoy giving them some life.  Fun and different is the way to go for me at this point.

• Like 7

1 hour ago, Werkrobotwerk said:

that is surprisingly cool.

Yeah, I'm always surprised when y'all think I'm cool. :lol:

Dragons? Huh. Yeah, I suppose that is something we're kind of known for.  I wonder if...

Just now, NecroMancer said:

DRAGONS!  

Maybe I was a little harsh with my comment because there are a couple things I might grab out of the core set if it gets broken up.  But I don't game so towns folk don't appeal to me and neither do goblins or kobolds.  And I don't really like very many of the core set sculpts that I like, I think several look pretty similar to options already provided from Reaper.

I guess I do like the Fire Huntsman and the Bedeviled.  

If you are after center pieces & huge pieces for painting & displaying then I have a feeling you will find a few pieces you like before the end of the campaign.
In the past the big "wow" pieces have come later - though we will probably see one when we hit around 1 mil, most of them will be towards the end.

• Like 5

2 minutes ago, Disciple of Sakura said:

I'll admit, I'm not as enthused as I recall being during Bones 3's initial days. I like some of the items in the Core, but there's been so many just... unexpectedly esoteric items already unlocked, like the dice people, that I'm not feeling a ton of excitement yet. The stretch goals feel like their either further apart, or the pledges have been fewer than before, too. I remember prior KS unlocking things much faster in the early days.

This is what I was expecting.  I basically thought I would be shoveling money out of my wallet while I tried to figure out how to explain to my wife what happened.

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, Reaperbryan said:

Yeah, I'm always surprised when y'all think I'm cool. :lol:

Dragons? Huh. Yeah, I suppose that is something we're kind of known for.  I wonder if...

It's the internet. Everybody and everything is cooler on the internet.

• Like 5

I do feel like Reaper has missed a potentially lucrative market... people with specific tastes in their kobolds!

I know there is a long-running disagreement over whether a proper kobold is a fuzzy dog-faced creature or a reptilian thing that believes it is descended from a dragon. So far, Reaper has been playing both fields, releasing kobold sculpts that look all right for either but truly fit neither.

But you guys have enough kobolds now, especially with the latest stretch goal--why not start specializing a little more? Have some sets of reptilian kobolds and some fuzzy kobolds. I know I would buy up true reptilian kobolds in bunches. (The hybrids just aren't all that appealing to me...)

• Like 6

1 minute ago, babbles said:

If you are after center pieces & huge pieces for painting & displaying then I have a feeling you will find a few pieces you like before the end of the campaign.
In the past the big "wow" pieces have come later - though we will probably see one when we hit around 1 mil, most of them will be towards the end.

I figure they will show up but backers seem to be coming in slowly so I thought may be by now they would have thrown one in just to get money flowing again.

I want to be clear though that I still love Reaper and will continue purchasing many items from them but just not too excited so far.

Now watch by the end of this thing I am going to end up spending twice my budget!

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Grayfax said:

So was Dungeon Pizza!  And you know how that turned out...

Um...actually, I don't....

Also:

PLEASE NOTE, THIS IS PURE SPECULATION ON MY PART:

Terrain items have been mentioned,

Something equal to/bigger than Ma'al drakar has been rumored....

I'm calling it now: not-Helm's Deep terrain piece!

• Like 10

4 minutes ago, NecroMancer said:

I figure they will show up but backers seem to be coming in slowly so I thought may be by now they would have thrown one in just to get money flowing again.

I want to be clear though that I still love Reaper and will continue purchasing many items from them but just not too excited so far.

Now watch by the end of this thing I am going to end up spending twice my budget!

Well if you have a budget you might as well just pledge it now.  (you will be able to tone it back if necessary, before the KS ends)  This way we get to see what's planned...
The dragon in the core.  I don't know if they will allow for purchasing that alone or not.  In the past whats in the initial core set typically stays as a set  Only small sets that are added later are open for purchase.  Historically speaking anyway..  It could be different this time around I don't know.  I do know there is at least two dragons that have not been seen on the KS that are available.  An undead one which was previewed in the other bones 3 thread.  And one can be seen in the pic Ron linked us to that is also in the same thread.  (that could be a wyvern also but who knows)

• Like 2

31 minutes ago, NecroMancer said:

For my 1st Bones KS I may get out having only spent a $1!

Nothing against Reaper or anything, it looks like there are many happy people, but so far there is nothing I HAVE to have and only a few that slightly interest me.  

None of the previews caught my eye either.

I kind of like everything... Only things I am not feeling are the Balrog and the dice guys... Though Balrog is growing on me with the smaller demons to back him up. The Demon set it pretty good I would like 10 of each of those demons... and as a pug owner, I like the Dire pug... The expansion set was pretty good, but is going to be great... the robots are just what I am looking for... Though I do wish I could buy 10 of the alien chick with gun... (I pre-ordered Starfinder so...)

• Like 4

9 minutes ago, NecroMancer said:

This is what I was expecting.  I basically thought I would be shoveling money out of my wallet while I tried to figure out how to explain to my wife what happened.

The zaftig woman hasn't crooned yet. 

The campaign is through 1.5 out of 32 days. In am sure there are things waiting in the shadows that  spring out and snatch your wallet out from under you in no time.

• Like 6

7 minutes ago, NecroMancer said:

The first 24 and the last 48 hours are always the craziest. Everything in between just tends to be a steady trickle. This tends to hold true regardless of the KS (i.e. Reaper, Dwarven Forge, Anything Else). This can be both a good and bad thing. Obviously, Reaper would love to bring in $600k a day for all 32 days (even though that would create serious havoc come fulfillment time) but the breathing time also lets them get caught up with everything else. Plus, we don't have to be AS diligent in watching the progress if we don't want to. The flip side is if they show too many of their cards in the early stretch goals then later interest wanes.

• Like 8