Sign in to follow this  
ladystorm

Reaper Bones 4: Enthusiasm and Commentary Thread

Okay, locked in my final (seriously, IT IS!) pledge. Was a small one, but it still brought my total pledge to JUST under $925.00 (wow, that hurts even saying that haha). Here's what I got:

amazon living statues x1

74030 Black lipped no slot round 45mm display x14 (x1)

paint set A x1

Now I should have plenty of plinths to appropriate :)

plenty of bases to use and finally

Plenty of paint to use (have both A+B coming , so I should be good. I already had the LTPK paints and the holiday set) 

• Like 3
  • Haha 3

2 hours ago, Ratmaster2000 said:

Okay, locked in my final (seriously, IT IS!) pledge.

Are you sure you’re sure? There’s still a few more hours before it closes...

• Like 2

I still need to add bases, but the handy link someone posted in the beginning of August (and I saved) doesn't work anymore bc comment redesign -.-

• Like 2

39 minutes ago, Nunae said:

I still need to add bases, but the handy link someone posted in the beginning of August (and I saved) doesn't work anymore bc comment redesign -.-

If you mean the link to the pledge manager, you can find that on reaper’s main page.

• Like 2

Nope, the one to the comment with which bases are needed for which expansions. Put that under "great, one less thing to worry about", went on vacation and today it doesn't work anymore.

• Like 1

I still have the link to the kickstarter comment, but it doesn't work anymore with the new kickstarter comment layout.

Or was it copy&pasted in here as well? In that case I'll go on a hunt ^_^

*** Runs around in circles ***

*** Did I pledge for all I want? Did I forget something?***

• Like 5
  • Haha 1

On 8/1/2017 at 1:02 PM, babbles said:

Here we go again!!!!

Wow, what a ride since the first post*!   All the way since August 1st 2017 until now; 12 months and 33 days. Not to mention 720 pages of enthusiasm (and growing!)   

I just wanted to say a big thanks to Reaper for another year of great Kickstarter related entertainment and excitement, and  a thanks also to all of you were went along for the ride as well for sharing the fun.  

Now counting the days until February when all the shipping and unboxing excitement starts! ::P:   

(* Not counting Ladystorm's first official post-starting announcement the day before.)

Edited by Chris Palmer
  • Like 6

2 hours ago, Nunae said:

I still have the link to the kickstarter comment, but it doesn't work anymore with the new kickstarter comment layout.

Or was it copy&pasted in here as well? In that case I'll go on a hunt ^_^

Posts by Yronimos Whateley on the KS comments (in reverse chronological order):

Those asking about the numbers of bases "needed" for the core and expansions might be interested in checking out my previous comment, where I roughly tallied the numbers of minis by size (small, medium, large, huge, gargantuan, colossal) and suggested the base sizes to use for each:

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/1513061270/reaper-miniatures-bones-4-mr-bones-epic-adventure/comments?cursor=18031254#comment-18031253

Additionally, I've just totaled those numbers, along with the number of packages of each base to buy - keep in mind that this will provide some extras, especially for the medium-sized minis (which also in many cases are already sculpted/molded on nice, round 1" integral bases), and of course that all but a few Reaper minis already have bases, so this is completely optional:

Totals (if you get the core and all expansions, including Chronoscope):

87x small goblin-sized (20mm bases); 4x 74041 (pkg of 25x 20mm round bases, from Reaper's online shop)

190x medium human-sized (25mm/1" bases; 50 will come with core); 5x-7x 74034 (pkg of 30x 25mm/1" round lipped bases)

53x large ogre-sized (50mm/2" bases; 20 will come with core); 7x 74049 (pkg of 8x 50mm/2" round lipped bases)

11x huge giant-sized (75mm/3" bases) 1x 74037 (pkg of 10x 75mm/3" round flat bases) or, 3x 74061 (pkg 4x 80mm/3.14" round lipped bases)

1x colossal-sized (125mm) 1x 74063 (pkg of 4x 130mm lipped round bases; for the dragon)

Also suggested:

1x 74071 (pkg of 12x cavalry bases, for the two cavalry and a couple long, narrow monsters)

1x 74044 (pkg of 15x 50mm/2" clear round slotted/flying base)

1x 74029 (pkg of 22x 30mm no-slot hex bases, optionally, for CAV/"battle mech" style figures in Chronoscope Expansion)

1x 74046 (pkg of 30x 30mm flight poles, for Baba Yaga, Dark Watcher, Wyvern, Zombie Shark, Catfish, etc.)

OK, I broke down and made a rough estimate of mini count for the Core and four Expansions, for those who haven't already done their own math; keep in mind this is an estimate, and most minis will probably be mounted on perfectly good bases already:

Core contains:

48x small goblin-sized (20mm bases); ~50x 20mm bases needed (25mm also works)

80x medium human-sized (25mm/1" bases; 50 will come with core); ~30x 25mm bases needed 

15x large ogre-sized (50mm/2" bases; 20 will come with core); none needed

4x huge giant-sized (75mm/3" bases)

1x colossal-sized (125mm) for the dragon

Notes: 

Baba Yaga and the Wyvern might work well mounted on flying bases?

Grave Things scenics and Small World minis were omitted from count.

Fan Favorites:

4x small goblin-sized (20mm bases)

15x medium human-sized (25mm/1" bases; 50 will come with core)

12x large ogre-sized (50mm/2" bases; 20 will come with core)

1x huge giant-sized (75mm/3" bases)

Notes:

optional oval base: cavalry x2

optional flying base: zombie shark

Portal were omitted from count.

Lost Valley:

19x medium human-sized (25mm/1" bases; 50 will come with core)

10x large ogre-sized (50mm/2" bases; 20 will come with core)

5x huge giant-sized (75mm/3" bases)

Notes:

Hut and idol were omitted from count.

Darkreach:

12x small goblin-sized (20mm bases)

17x medium human-sized (25mm/1" bases; 50 will come with core)

10x large ogre-sized (50mm/2" bases; 20 will come with core)

Notes:

optional oval base: Phase Cat

optional flying base: Dark Watcher

Crystals and Dark Elf Queen on Throne were omitted from count.

Dreadmere:

1x small goblin-sized (20mm bases)

31x medium human-sized (25mm/1" bases; 50 will come with core)

3x large ogre-sized (50mm/2" bases; 20 will come with core)

1x huge giant-sized (75mm/3" bases) (tortoise & handler)

Notes:

misc:

optional oval base: wolf-thing 428, monster 437

optional flying base: catfish

Fish Barrel, Vendor Cart, Cart, Boat, Raft were omitted from count.

Chronoscope:

3x small goblin-sized (20mm bases)

28x medium human-sized (25mm/1" bases; 50 will come with core)

3x large ogre-sized (50mm/2" bases; 20 will come with core)

Notes:

Optional hex bases might be used for the mecha, if you will be using those in a mecha game

Scenic bits omitted.

Again, note that small/goblin-sized minis could be mounted on medium bases, if preferred. And, many of the medium- and huge-sized minis come with round integrated bases of the appropriate size, and shouldn't need replacement round bases, and almost all Bones minis have integrated "broccoli" bases of amorphous shapes and sizes that generally work fine without replacement, so bases are optional.

What time today will the Pledge Manager close?

Edited by Xiwo Xerase
Clarify that the newer post is first.
  • Like 4
  • Thanks 2

1 hour ago, Xiwo Xerase said:

What time today will the Pledge Manager close?

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/1513061270/reaper-miniatures-bones-4-mr-bones-epic-adventure/updates

Reminders: TLDR 

• Once an order is locked in, we cannot make changes to that order. Substitutions and deletions are not possible; however you may order new or additional items (via a new order) through the Reaper Bones 4 Pledge Manager. 

Speaking of which, the Reaper Bones 4 Pledge Manager has been extended and is scheduled to close on September 3, 2018 at 11:59 PM CST. 

• At this time, less than 1000 original backers have not locked in their orders. Don’t be that person who gets nothing shipped because they didn’t lock in! 

• Like 5
  • Haha 1

Are there add-one for the Minitaurs (chibi? Minotaurs) or the Armoured Goblins?

Looked; didn’t find. 

• Like 1

I saw the Goblins, but I don't see one for the Minitaurs.

Probably a coding oversight that is now too late to rectify.

• Like 2