Jump to content

Reaper Bones 4: Enthusiasm and Commentary Thread


Recommended Posts

  • Replies 18.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

IMO Reaper has always had a communication/PR problem due to the way that they choose to structure the dissemination of information. ie. We can't post an update because it's not update day. We can't gi

So I'm later than I had hoped to be.  I have content for this week, but let's pick the second January update (fourth Friday 1/25/19) Content. Five options.  Use the Like this post options to cast

Survey Time!   I'm going to let yall have a wee bit of input on the next Expansion Pack I feature for the updates. I have parameters I have to follow, so it isn't super open for yall to

Posted Images

14 hours ago, ladystorm said:

I woke up in a panic this morning with the same thought.

 

:lol:

Ah, that's why you were up so early! I was thinking "gosh, ladystorm isn't usually on at this time... I hope she's getting enough sleep!"

  • Like 9
Link to post
Share on other sites

There is a bored 12-13 year old kid in my mom's neighborhood that she helps out sometimes. She brings him to see the horses, gets him to play with her dogs, good wholesome stuff like that. Since she had fun painting with me over Thanksgiving v1 (and that's about the age I started), she got some Learn to Paint Kits for him and his friends. Since I'll be overwhelmed when Bones 4 hits, I'm going to separate out ones I'm less inclined to paint to send their way. Mom had mentioned that it would be nice if I could teach a session at their tiny hobby shop, but I don't know if I'll be able to - but at very least I can give them stuff to play with ^_^

 

A 12-13 year old boy is likely to enjoy the ones I'm unlikely to paint (big muscly fighter dudes), right? 

  • Like 16
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Cyradis said:

A 12-13 year old boy is likely to enjoy the ones I'm unlikely to paint (big muscly fighter dudes), right? 

That's awesome Cyr.   I'm sort of doing the same thing here with the local HS/JHS game club. 

As for whether not that 12-13 year old boy will enjoy the ones you don't - who knows. 

My son's tastes are very different than mine, which does work out well for sharing my Bones.  But several of the kids in the game club have far different tastes.  The youngest boy (he's 13 or 14 now) went straight for the pretty girl minis last year, and one of the girls likes the monster figures. 

  • Like 11
Link to post
Share on other sites
On 11/9/2018 at 4:11 AM, redambrosia said:

Ah, that's why you were up so early! I was thinking "gosh, ladystorm isn't usually on at this time... I hope she's getting enough sleep!"

no, I am just a early morning person.

 

 

So, Friday is update day. 

I've got the update written and am just waiting on the art assets to be provided. 

I'm not the one who takes the pictures or films the videos.  I'm waiting on those two departments to provide their pieces for the update. 

 

Why do I bring this up? I give them a deadline of Tuesday to provide me with these items so I have time to get the update written and approved before Friday's launch.  Video is not yet in the folder for uploading.  I also know we have had a few missing pieces arrive and I need the photo guy to get those shot to be included.

 

So, my launch the update first thing in the morning routine is most likely going to be delayed as I wait on other people. 

And since I'll be on the shop floor the rest of the week as I load crates for PAX Unplugged, it will most likely be quite late in the day before it launches.  When I hit my desk to clear my inbox before the weekend, I will likely  launch the update.  If video isn't completed by end of Friday, I'll omit it.  I won't postpone the update.

 

This does mean, I won't be answering questions or clarifying things immediately after launch as it will be my weekend.  (although it depends on how much load out is finished whether or not I come in over the weekend, so maybe I'll be around to poke the buttons and respond)

  • Like 13
  • Thanks 4
Link to post
Share on other sites
On 11/14/2018 at 6:53 AM, ladystorm said:

no, I am just a early morning person.

 

 

So, Friday is update day. 

I've got the update written and am just waiting on the art assets to be provided. 

I'm not the one who takes the pictures or films the videos.  I'm waiting on those two departments to provide their pieces for the update. 

 

Why do I bring this up? I give them a deadline of Tuesday to provide me with these items so I have time to get the update written and approved before Friday's launch.  Video is not yet in the folder for uploading.  I also know we have had a few missing pieces arrive and I need the photo guy to get those shot to be included.

 

So, my launch the update first thing in the morning routine is most likely going to be delayed as I wait on other people. 

And since I'll be on the shop floor the rest of the week as I load crates for PAX Unplugged, it will most likely be quite late in the day before it launches.  When I hit my desk to clear my inbox before the weekend, I will likely  launch the update.  If video isn't completed by end of Friday, I'll omit it.  I won't postpone the update.

 

This does mean, I won't be answering questions or clarifying things immediately after launch as it will be my weekend.  (although it depends on how much load out is finished whether or not I come in over the weekend, so maybe I'll be around to poke the buttons and respond)

So how are the other two teams coming? 

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

  • Similar Content

    • By Mckenna35
      I know there are a few folks that do Bolt Action and similar 28mm wargaming (@buglips), so I thought I'd bounce this out there.
       
      https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/tftb/world-war-ii-soviet-railroad?ref=discovery_recommendations
       
      Story
      Railroads are an important means to transport troops, equipment, ammunition and all other kinds of supply to the front. Especially in a country as vast as the Soviet Union with it's endless steppes, only few reliable roads and no major rivers running in the direction of the German advance during Operation Barbarossa in World War II. 
      With this set of detailed buildings and rolling stock in 1/56 scale for 28mm figures you get the opportunity to recreate the crucial fighting around the Soviet railroad system.
      The kits focus on the major pieces of rolling stock available to the Soviet defenders: box cars, gondola cars and flat cars. And the mighty ALCo RSD-1 Diesel Engine which was made available under the US Lend-Lease Act.
      Also included is a typical rural train station with optional additional platforms for all who want to depict a Soviet - or captured German - supply depot, where heavy equipment like tanks and guns are being unloaded.
      And for all of you looking for an armored train - don't worry! We have you covered.
        Talking about railroad tracks:
      We did not see the need to reinvent the wheel, so all kits are designed to be used with
      4Ground Railroad Tracks (available as add-ons to the Kickstarter) or O Gauge Model Railroad Tracks The kits include optional parts enabling you to choose your favorite system while assembling. Going this route has allowed us to concentrate on designing and producing the rolling stock only, which has the advantage of an earlier fulfillment date for the Kickstarter.
      All models are highly detailed on the outside and inside. The interiors are easily accessible, as roofs are removable. In addition, all doors are moveable, which means you can open or close them during gameplay.
       
    • By Ganryu Kojiro
      A Viking Girl sculpted by Bobby Jackson. She was a lot of fun to paint since she had a lot of canvas for freehand work. She is also my first serious effort at NMM, so that's a well I plan to return to.
       
      I came to paint her when I asked my friends which model needed to get some love next. I presented a wizard, a ranger, and an armored lady fighter. One chimes in that she'd like to see the fighter (she being a practitioner of HEMA). Her boyfriend mentions something about boob armor. I said, no, she's got pretty normal armor. You want to see something egregious? THIS is egregious. My HEMA friend immediately says, "I'd like to change my vote." So here we are.
       
      Here's the WIP thread for her. Here's my next piece.








    • By Sylverthorne
      https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/vaspider/symbols-of-faith-and-pride
       
       
      This has sod all to do with miniatures, but I would be surprised if there were not people who might want one of these pins, for literally any reason at all.
      I'll let the campaign speak for itself, as I usually do; it is pins. There are, as the title implies, representations for most of the common faiths, in a literal rainbow of ... well, Pride rainbows. 
    • By Sylverthorne
      https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/dogmight/kickstarter-exclusive-fire-dragon-valhalla-screen
       
      "You take your game seriously. Now it's time for a serious screen.
      In October of 2018, Dog Might released the first fully sculpted GM Screen, the Valhalla Screen. Since then, we have released over 30 more designs, including officially licensed screens for: Pathfinder, Call of Cthulhu, and Vampire: The Masquerade. We have also designed screens for you favorite shows, such as Relics and Rarities and the Critical Role stream of Undeadwood. Over the last year and a half, our Valhalla Screens have proven to be our most sought after product. "
       
      ... Would it surprise anybody here to know I want one? 
      If I can't have one, at least I can spread the word. ;p
    • By Sylverthorne
      So.. I fell over this. It's... well, go look for yourselves; 
      https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/159974695/badbandana-6-pizza-dragons 
       
      ... pizza and dragons. Where have I seen this notion before..? I can't quite... >.>  
  • Who's Online   12 Members, 1 Anonymous, 64 Guests (See full list)


×
×
  • Create New...